The History of the EvoFire - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The History of the EvoFire
Monday, January 09, 2012 9:15 PM
u will see brad.....and i bet you will approve

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:09 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:well yeah because its got all the bends etc. its not necessarily a bigger intake we are proposing, it just wouldnt take as many bends for the air to go around to get into the tb. it would make the engine more efficent and wouldnt have to work so hard to breathe, basically.

would it actually help? in theory. would it look better while trying to help? LOL hell yea that too!

the aem looks boss with the stock battery in there, dont get me wrong. i love it cuz ur limited with space in there and aem made it work but once the battery has been changed like you have done you no longer need to save space so you could make a more efficient breather for that beast!

God dam, word for word what I was gonna say. The more bends you have the more restrictions you have. You start to build up turbulance. A more free flowing pipe with smooth trasistions would be ideal. We are not saying your gonna get 50hp, but overall it would make the car run more efficient.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:57 PM
added to the evofire.

Got the LSJ PCV line put on for a more stockish look.

also bought this beauty from Vince Morris!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:04 PM

Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:00 AM
no pics of this mod, and its not really a performance mod but one for my own personal tastes of tucking things in the engine bay. I installed a 90 degree elbow on the brake booster line where it connect to the blower. This allowed me to tuck the booster like under the powersteering instead of going over it. ill take a few pics later today to show.

I also ordered my replacement trans today. 365 shipped from Rancho Cucamunga LKQ to Phoenix LKQ. 63k on it with a 12 month warrenty. not too too bad.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:56 PM
Sounds good, looking forward to pic of the booster line and stockish looking pcv setup since I've never paid attention to lsj underhood shots

Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:28 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Sounds good, looking forward to pic of the booster line and stockish looking pcv setup since I've never paid attention to lsj underhood shots

I went out and took some pics.

The first ones are of the LSJ PCV line on the LSJ valve cover and going to my AEM intake. To mount the bracket to the head, i jsut used a scrap piece of aluminum i had layign around, and drilled a few holes. To connect to the intake, I had to drill a hole in the intake tube, and buy a vacuum port set from Spectre but it was only 7 bucks. So the whole setup was under 60 bucks for me to have a better looking system then what I had before. Before this, I just had a 5/8 rubber hose ziptied to my strut bar, and run to the tube. Looked like garbage.

Here are pics of the new 90* elbow from the LSJ. It tucks the booster line very nicely under the PS pump.
BEFORE

AFTER

Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:05 PM
Looks good I like it.

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:08 AM
Looks much cleaner with the 90* booster line and the PCV line. Good stuff Chris!

Friday, March 02, 2012 10:54 PM
needed new tires.....so i bought new wheels and tires for $425. 1 MINOR curb rash mark, others wise emaculate wheels and 95% tread life gerneral exclaim UHP z rated 225/45/17 tires

Saturday, March 03, 2012 3:07 AM
I actually prefer your old rims compared to those. But hey, if you like them, more power to you.

Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:01 AM
i mainly bought them for the tires. i might sell the wheels after i swap tires, or i might rock em for a bit while i have my current ones powdered then swap tires and sell them...havent decided yet.

Saturday, March 03, 2012 8:56 PM
no pics, but got the trans swapped today, and got the new to me wheels and tires put on. trans took 4 hours from first bolt to TOB bled!

Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:49 AM
I wanna see pics with the new wheels on.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:17 AM

Sunday, March 04, 2012 1:09 PM
i like them better than the other set

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Monday, March 05, 2012 5:41 AM
me too actually.... woot for new tranny!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 4:48 PM
Here are just the few pics that were taken in progress of the trans swap last Saturday.

Here is Courtney (AKA the EvoFire) just pulled onto the rack to get her up in the air.

Looking at the TOB to see what one out of the two I had was better.

New trans in position being bolted up.

Putting in the on pesky bolt above the starter.

And a cell pick of the new wheels.They look so sick!

Have a couple pix from Steve’s good camera.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:00 PM
hmmm i prefer black but those dont look too bad.

you should hound gary frank to sell you his gm front lip...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:03 PM
dont need to hound gary. i got one lined up. as soon as the 400 is in my bank is gonna be paypaled to someone else and said lip will be on the way. also going more low up front. prolly .5-.75 inch.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:27 PM

A nice 6 spoke in that style wheel would've set it off nicely.
Looking good.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:31 PM
lets see some pics of the coolant tank installed

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:49 PM
Did some work this weekend. Dropped the front 3/4 of an inch. I can now barely fit a finger between my wheels and fenders up front. I also got a balance and alignment. Then today my good buddy Steve and I wrapped my roof with black vinyl, and used plasti dip on the trunk. I love the roof, and I like the look of the trunk, but it needs more work. Here are a few pics!

Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:37 PM
Dont mind the roof but the trunk just inst doing it for me.
Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:16 PM
I love it.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:40 PM
Hello my fellow vinyl-wrapped-trunk-lid-guy!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search