Hellllllooo.. got bored, got the itch... semi-build thread - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hellllllooo.. got bored, got the itch... semi-build thread
Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:35 AM
Small updates, painted and built the Tein Coilovers

Also my stock studs, stuck out past the 1" bolt on spacers stopping the wheel from being bolted up so I found these shorter studs to press in place of. a little excited to see what 1 3/8" spaced rear wheels look like. Either going to love it or hate it. Worst case will turn the bolt on spacers down to a smaller size and ditch the "bolt on" part and just run them as regular spacers and i have a set of longer ARP studs i can put in place then

So that's it, still fighting the damn rear of the car. Rust is my enemy on the ebrake cables right now and brake lines aren't my friends.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:45 AM
looking good buddy

Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:39 AM
damn nice work on those teins, sir! I just picked up some basics with OEM mounts on them. I had no idea the basics had no dampening adjustment so that was a disappointment to say the least. got a hell of a good deal on them so I guess I cant complain.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:51 AM
Great work as always buddy!

#TeamrestoredTeins

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:44 AM
Horrible pictures I know. However I got most the rear assembled. Didn't mount calipers yet. Realized I didn't have any Allen sockets for the damn hub bolts all my nice stuff is at work.. problems of working at home when 90% of tools are at work. However wanted to throw the wheel on and see this new spacing.

kind of love it..
Keep in mind this is without coilovers in too.first two pictures are probably about where the car will sit. The others after were just first looking at it and seeing clearance, i won't lower it that much. I have other priorities for this car that drivability will be a bigger concern, not being ridiculously impractical low

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:48 AM

Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:24 PM
Looks good bud!

Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:57 PM
Awesome job man. Looking real good

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:08 AM
Thanks guys, excited to get the car buttoned up and on the ground for sure. I feel like i'm almost committing a crime though. Could easily run a 8.5" wide wheel now which would really help set the look off but once on ground it shouldn't be much of a eye sore.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 8:16 AM
I like your bike shelf.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:22 AM
me too, it works well. luckily this nice weather means the patio cushions are back outside and the tote is back in the hooptie lol. garage is a clutter @!#$ with a immovable j in there.. J houses plenty of goodies inside it as well as storage

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:28 AM
Well I got rid of the bike shelf. Have been slacking on updates but, havent gotten to work on much, my @!#$ seems to always come last.

First off found out that with the Saturn/SRT swap that the e-brake cable bracket hits the stock muffler. Now considering a muffler is first thing every ricer does i cant imagine anyone will have this problem, but its only like 1" from clearing so not a huge deal. However... the muffler got cut. Another thought was this was with my axle all the way hanging down with no struts, if the kit was installed with the struts attached where the axle doesn't drop, it actually probably would be higher then it, and clear. didn't really care enough to mess with

Gave me room to mock up my muffler location.

Managed to get the Import fighter sides on

Then got the rear brake lines all finished up. Now the rear is all buttoned up just needing to bleed brakes

Had a little fun messing with clearance on the 1/4 panel. Going to have them rolled most likely.

Could always modify for some wicked camber and get some better clearance...

Started getting front buttoned up and seeing where it was going to be at

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:50 AM
Looks great man, keep up the fantastic work!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:56 PM
Coming together amazingly!

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:04 PM
Well I skipped gym after work tonight and made more progress. Got the rear all buttoned up and on the ground. Then got the rogjt front buttoned up. Driverside is left then the fun process of bleeding brakes and get the front on.

Friday, May 16, 2014 10:08 PM
Looking good! Was wondering what IF sides would look like with that rear bumper, I like it though.
Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:29 PM
The IF sides and Xtreme rear line up just as I wanted. Amazingly.

Friday, June 06, 2014 4:18 AM
Need to adjust rear up a bit and should be having the fenders and quarters rolled this weekend

Saturday, June 07, 2014 5:30 AM
That's gonna look so smooth rolling!

Monday, June 09, 2014 5:41 AM
Hopefully soon it will be rolling.. Meant to roll it out last night after bleeding brakes only to realize its waaaay to low. It wont move unless i give it gas and even still takes about 3000rpm to get it to budge.. so it needs to raised up anyway. Looks legit though just cant rock it this low.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:59 AM
Man that looks good bro. it makes me want to not steel the car and start over

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:00 AM
Sell the car is what I ment

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:29 AM
needs more low!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:43 PM
Why is it that it wont move? Thats about as low as my car and mine moves fine.

I think thats the stance you want...looks amazing!
Monday, June 23, 2014 7:15 AM
Been out of town for the past week. However I got to tear into it last weekend before I left. To my surprise it wasnt full because of low. I decided to run unmodified Grand am control arms being with all the added camber adjustments I felt i could compensate. However with the brake upgrade and unmodified control arms. I put my lower ball joints right into the rotor. So I decided it would be a good time to grind up some performance camaro rotors. What i thought was transmission ended up being ball joints and rotors. Could be worse but still hurts lol. New ball joints and rotors are here and currently working on modifying the control arms now.

The benefit is i did raise the car up about 3/4" all around and now might go back down a little after getting this sorted out.

Monday, July 28, 2014 10:13 AM
Got the brake and balljoint issue fixed and car drives. Got it aligned last week and rolled the fenders saturday. Spent some time getting bumper mocked up and fitted up and all is good. Now just need to get my muffler welded in and its golden. Will be looking to cut up the hood for those damn aerocatch hood pins soon too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search