Tinks 2015 build. Boring title, not a boring thread. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tinks 2015 build. Boring title, not a boring thread.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:40 AM
Philly D wrote:Very interested in the ms3 setup...hell id buy a harness!

As would I...

Saturday, October 31, 2015 9:29 PM
Well I do have some updates.

1st off I took the coupe to a dyno day at the dyno shop I usually go to. All I wanted was a baseline to compare the new engine to, but I ended up leaving very happy. It seemed that I could not break 240whp on that irregardless of what setup I was running. But today was different. My higher of the 2 pulls was 259whp(im calling it 260). So the coupe finally hit the numbers where I feel like my setup should be.

2nd, for the past year I have been fed up with renting a small house in the middle of the city. I grew up in the country and really wanted to move back out to a more secluded area. So I did the adult thing(sometimes I really hate doing the adult thing) and bought a house. Everything just kinda fell in place with it and I dont think there is another house(in my price range) that would have been better for me.

The detached garage has ALOT more room than my old one and should work well for building cars.

I hope to at least get the LK9 head sent out for porting by the end of the year, but I just bought a house so we'll see how that goes.

Sunday, November 01, 2015 8:49 AM
congrats on the house. That is awesome!!

Good job on the numbers also.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 02, 2015 3:11 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:congrats on the house. That is awesome!!

Good job on the numbers also.

awesome detached garage. I'd never go to work. wish I had known you were looking to buy, I'm licensed in PA for mortgages.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 3:21 AM
Freaking sweet man....on all fronts!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, November 13, 2015 8:04 PM
Well I happened on a few deals this week that I just couldnt pass up.

1st deal, thanks to Jeff Railand.

Yep, ported LSJ intake manifold by Euthanasia from CSS.net.

The 2nd deal is more of a tease.

No unwrapped pics for a while. But I will be nice enough to drop a few hints.
1. It is for the vert, not the coupe
2. It has been tried before but the project died off
3. It is not a GM part.
4. Spencer Matter knows exactly what it is and what I am doing with it.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:10 AM
very nice pick up on the mani....was always going to get him to do one for me....then he went awol
Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:17 AM
NIce house you got there.... the J's will love living in there I'm sure.

Im jealous of that manifold also.

Good stuff.

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:41 PM
Good news, I am finally getting the itch to get this POS coupe done. I have basically taken a little hiatus from doing my major work on the car over the past few years.

The vert has made it's way down to my house and is currently tucked again the wall in the detached garage. It makes the garage ALOT more cramped, but I am procrastinating until the weather warms up so I should be ok moving one of them outside so I can work on the other.

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:43 AM
Well it turns out that I will not be running a ported/built LK9 head. The minor differences between the LSJ head have been bugging me and I have decided to ditch the idea.

Also I found a good deal on an already ported/built LSJ head. Supertech valvesprings and Ferrea valves(stock size).

The plan is to drop it off at a local shop, have it cleaned up and my +1mm Ferrea valves installed. It is really looking like this will be the year to finally get the engine in. I know I say that every year, but I actually think it is true this time. If it does happen then once it is broken in and I can safely start doing power pulls the plan is to get it on a dyno(probably Sloppy Mechanics) and play with the cam timing to make peak power at ~7000-7300rpms. So far all my dyno graphs show that the car is still making power at the current 7000rpm redline. With upping the rev limiter to 7500rpms and having the power peaking at 7000-7300rpms ensures that I am getting EVERYTHING out of the setup.

Yes I will be finally running water/meth.
Yes I am converting it from a 5 rib to a 6 rib belt.

Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:25 AM
Enjoy the head!!

Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:37 PM
I will.

I dropped the head off at the machine shop yesterday. I am not sure how long it'll be since they said that they were alittle backed up and I told them that I wasn't in a hurry. I have been waiting for 5ish years to get to get a proper engine together for this car. An extra few weeks to have it done properly/correctly is not going to hurt.

Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:18 PM
Well I finally picked my head up today.

Ferrera +1mm oversized valves, new Supertech 78lb springs, cleaned and ready to install.

Then it was time to get to work.

Just a refresher on the short block specs:
Gen 1 L61 block
Weisco 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
Eagle crank
Powerbore sleeves

Stock LSJ head gasket and Golden Eagle head studs

I have been waiting years for this. Ported/built LSJ head on a built L61 shortblock.

ZZP "Stage 2" LSJ blower cams installed with GMPP adjustable cam gears. I have to grind down the heads of the cam gear bolts because the hit the cam cover(it is recommended in the GM build book).

That is where I left it for the night. I might get it finished next weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:34 PM

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:04 PM
Awesome!

Saturday, November 05, 2016 6:40 PM
Well I finally tried to finish putting the engine together after 3 months. No real reason why I waited that long, just mainly no motivation.

It is almost done. I have to clean up a part or 2 at work and order a few bolts that got lost when I moved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 05, 2016 6:43 PM

Saturday, November 05, 2016 8:10 PM
Glad to see this. Any plans to do any paint work on the motor?

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 05, 2016 8:31 PM
glad to see progress!

Saturday, November 05, 2016 9:27 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Glad to see this. Any plans to do any paint work on the motor?

Just the cam cover and maybe a few other odds and ends in the engine bay.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:30 PM
It is done. I buttoned it up tonight. Don't worry I'll swap out the cam cover for a nicer painted one once the engine is in the car.

Doesn't really look like an engine that is capable of holding 600-700hp.

The current thought process is to toss it straight into the vert with MS3 controlling it and a Getrag F40 putting the power down. I have to weld mounts into the vert anyway to put a F23 in, so why not just go with a F40.

Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:14 PM
what axles will work with the F40? same as F23? i assume you have to get different shifter, linkage, to make the 6 speed work. let's see it run!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search