my cav - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my cav
Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:52 PM
Hi everyone, not really that new, have had 4 cavaliers since 2007, mainly post on ontario j-body website but thought id post here.

Like i said i live in ontario and i have a 2000 4 door cavalier. Also have a 98 z24 but its my winter beater. Anyways heres my car. No pictures when i first got it, but you know what a stock 4 door looks like.

Car has an 02 LS front with lip (have a wings west lip ready to put on when car is out of storage) , 03 sides, 03 rear. Has repainted beretta GTZ rims, and suspension is Standard Suspension (STD) R5's and i love them.

Re: my cav
Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:57 PM

got a keyhole shaved trunk

Also got a new oem hood, tires, wheel spacers, tires 205 45 16, toyota tails, and a few small things to be put on when the car comes out
Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:57 PM
i also apologize if this is in the wrong thread
Saturday, March 01, 2014 5:57 PM
Clean cav. 4-door cavs are starting to grow on me.
What kind of taillites are those or are they covers and can i get some. I have spyder altezzas, but i like that clean almost french in look.
Saturday, March 01, 2014 6:35 PM
Carl Calvin wrote:Clean cav. 4-door cavs are starting to grow on me.
What kind of taillites are those or are they covers and can i get some. I have spyder altezzas, but i like that clean almost french in look.

theyre just stock ones with a few coats of VHT nightshade.
Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:14 PM
I absolutly LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE gtz wheels! Looks good man!

I Love My J ♡
Monday, March 03, 2014 4:48 AM
My appreciation for 4 doors has gone up since buying mine also.
And I gotta say this one looks sick sitting on the f-ing ground. Props Jake.

Monday, March 03, 2014 12:32 PM
thanks for the compliments!
i will post updates when i have it back from storage and put all my goodies on that i've been collecting over this winer
Monday, March 03, 2014 1:49 PM
Nice looking 4 door!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 03, 2014 1:59 PM
Any performance plans for the car? Both look good though...

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Monday, March 03, 2014 2:49 PM
Rick wrote:Any performance plans for the car? Both look good though...

Not for this summer at least
I was thinking that for next summer maybe I'll throw an ecotec in it and possibly supercharger.
I plan on having this car for a while now so I have lots of time to play with it

Monday, March 03, 2014 3:38 PM
looking good buddy

Monday, March 03, 2014 4:12 PM
Jake Wingett wrote:
Rick wrote:Any performance plans for the car? Both look good though...

Not for this summer at least
I was thinking that for next summer maybe I'll throw an ecotec in it and possibly supercharger.
I plan on having this car for a while now so I have lots of time to play with it

Sounds good, I am planning on doing a eco/m62 swap myself, might wait for the LD9 to die first though. How do you like the STD R5s? Also are you running 205/45/16s now or you plan too? IMO, I'd run a taller tire, 205/55 or 225/50.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Monday, March 03, 2014 4:30 PM

Sounds good, I am planning on doing a eco/m62 swap myself, might wait for the LD9 to die first though. How do you like the STD R5s? Also are you running 205/45/16s now or you plan too? IMO, I'd run a taller tire, 205/55 or 225/50.

I love the R5's! I can drop it as far as I want (until my tires hit the inner fender well) with not losing any suspension travel. Well worth the money IMO.
Right now it has 205 55's and I bought 205 45's and will be putting them on. I want the 45's to have less sidewall so it'll drop it a little more, and so I can also turn the coils down a little bit more. I want to lower it as much as I can right now without tubbing my inner wheel wells
Monday, March 03, 2014 5:10 PM
I guess if you want to go even lower, that's one way of doing it, I just can barely go over any speed bumps(I avoid them as much as I can but sometimes you can't) And thats just with approx 2" lowering, I am sure you are lower than sportlines. Not sure how low the 2.2s are but my biggest problem is my cat on my exhaust system. I think if I got a smaller cat, I wouldn't have any issues with it dragging on speed bumps.

Monday, March 03, 2014 6:20 PM
Rick wrote:I guess if you want to go even lower, that's one way of doing it, I just can barely go over any speed bumps(I avoid them as much as I can but sometimes you can't) And thats just with approx 2" lowering, I am sure you are lower than sportlines. Not sure how low the 2.2s are but my biggest problem is my cat on my exhaust system. I think if I got a smaller cat, I wouldn't have any issues with it dragging on speed bumps.

Yea I'm about 1.5-2 inches lower than when I had sport lines on the car.
I don't know what it is, but it looks like a cat but wrapped in some sort or metal fibre. Maybe a resonator, but it's ripped apart on mine, also my mount that holds the wishbone motor mount is all bent and other things lol
Monday, March 03, 2014 6:56 PM
LOL and you want to go lower???? May have to look at building a skid plate or something? at least if you scrap, you won't damage anything... I don't have a lip kit but that black plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper is wreaked in a few spots on my car, just the side pieces, the piece under the rad is fine.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:58 AM
Rick wrote:LOL and you want to go lower???? May have to look at building a skid plate or something? at least if you scrap, you won't damage anything... I don't have a lip kit but that black plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper is wreaked in a few spots on my car, just the side pieces, the piece under the rad is fine.

Yea I was actually thinking about looking into a skid plate or something just to be safe. Or have an extra oil pan in the trunk lol
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:09 PM
Got a little bit of work done

Got my wings west lip on, took my bumper off completely to make it easier on me

Also threw on my new oem hood

old hood. Was all chipped and scratched.

My center caps finally!! Yes the car is filthy

Thats it so far. Still have to do trunk, tail lights and tires
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:11 PM
Niiiiiiice. I dig it. What headlight bulbs you running? HIDs or something else?
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:16 PM
looking good buddy!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:22 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Niiiiiiice. I dig it. What headlight bulbs you running? HIDs or something else?

Yea they're HID's. 10 000 k I think
Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:37 AM
She keeps getting better. Keep it up.
Every time I see your car laying low, I get the urge to bag my Sedan..... Bagged daily is a no no though, In my mind, oh well, temptation.

Monday, May 05, 2014 4:01 PM
got a sunfire cluster cheap and threw it in. Wish the lights behind the tach werent burnt out, but not bad for $40

Monday, May 05, 2014 4:15 PM
It seems to always be that one middle left light that burns out.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search