my fire! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my fire!
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:34 PM
Well here are some current pics of my fire. Its a work in progress. Lemme know what ya think. Im not new around here I just been a full time student with 2 jobs a gf and now that its christmas break i not only have some time but some money to work on my car. I want to get a header w/ full cat dual exahaust, CF hood oem style, any suggestions on what brand to get would be very helpful!

De-badged FTW

Sunfire emblem moved to rear. What yall think???

Sorry for crappy pics. Camera has no batteries at the time.

Here is my friends ride, believe it or not we run neck and neck till bout 80+mph, its a 04 rx8 6-speed, weapon r intake and bodykit. Very sexy.

Re: my fire!
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:39 PM
Looks pretty good, but it needs a drop.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:44 PM
yea yea i know. I want to really bad but I dont want to spend 800 bucks for springs and struts rite at this moment. Escpecially it being winter and we get quite a bit of snow, sometimes, randomly.... lol. Probably next early spring. I think im going to go with the tokicko d-specs set up. heard and see good in them round here.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:09 PM
Nice fire, nice rx8, and street racing ftl. Lower it

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:44 PM
look good and clean but your sun need a drop and evil eyes ]:->

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:14 PM
drop it, and take of the 'Fire badge from the rear window (it looks stupid there IMO) and call it a day.

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:27 PM
looks damn good so far!

IMO pull the door, qtr. & fender mldgs off, drop it, evil eyes, and remove nameplates from upper qtrs, paint handles and mirrors
and that will be one sexy fire man!
keep it up & keep us posted.

have a goodone.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:49 PM
i actually like the fire badge there. cars lookin pretty good so far. sportlines and d-specs and call it a day , but im biased

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:15 PM
Before you do anything else, save your money.. and.. DROP IT.

That badge looks awful.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:38 PM
1. Sunfire badge looks way out of place there.
2. Lowering it would be my first mod WAY before any Carbon fiber or exhaust work.
3. Your stock(other than that intake that is not helping you as much as the price of it might make you want to think), Sunfire is not staying neck and neck with an RX8, even as over rated and slow as they are.
4. Street racing is completely retarded, congrats to you cool kids for running around at 80+. How do I know you're street racing? Well, not only will your Sunfire not stay neck and neck with an RX8, but it also won't be going over 80 in a quarter mile for a long enough period for a car to pull that much ahead.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:33 PM
Good start, needs the drop.

Funny to see that you went from De-Badged in the second pic to relocating the badge to the rear. All I have to say is meh to that move.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:01 PM
You have a pretty good start so far and congratulations on getting ahold of an SE with the ECOTEC!

My suggestions:
- remove the arrowhead badge from the front bumper
- get clear turn signals and front side markers
- evil eyes
- remove the side moldings
- paint the door handles to match the car
- paint the calipers and drums black
- shave the spoiler
- paint the trunk panel to match the car

On a side note, definitely stop street racing right now. It is not funny or cool. You and/or your friend and/or some innocent person will end up hurt or worse.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:10 PM
Lose the AEM sticker too

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:17 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:You have a pretty good start so far and congratulations on getting ahold of an SE with the ECOTEC!

My suggestions:
- remove the arrowhead badge from the front bumper
- get clear turn signals and front side markers
- evil eyes
- remove the side moldings
- paint the door handles to match the car
- paint the calipers and drums black
- shave the spoiler
- paint the trunk panel to match the car

On a side note, definitely stop street racing right now. It is not funny or cool. You and/or your friend and/or some innocent person will end up hurt or worse.

I would completely agree with all of the above. drop it and maybe a rear disc swap FTW

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:51 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:You have a pretty good start so far and congratulations on getting ahold of an SE with the ECOTEC!

thinkin the same thing. i'm like was it an engine swap? no. was it a front and rear end swap? no. didn't realize 02 fire's could have eco's. awesome.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:56 PM
very nice. i like it. and i kinda like the badge placement.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:31 AM
Thanks for all the input! greatly appreciated but let me clear some things up. To JLaudioCavalier:

1. I have got very mixed results from everyone friends and online peeps here at the org so im still up in the air about it.

2. Lowering it the right way is way more expensive and just as costly as doing both the hood and exhaust as it would be to buy the D-Specs but i do agree: lowered it needs yoda FTW!

3. I am stock, intake helps A LOT, before and after races prove, I did not pay the 250$ because i thought it would more "bang for my buck" I bought it because its from AEM a name brand I can trust that backs their product up. Not some rink a dink ebay piece o' crap. Its more for looks then anything. Yes STOCK RX8s are slow and yes MY sunfire can give it hell. Even when I was BONE STOCK I was beating other ecotec cavaliers that had minimal crap IE. intake, plugs, wires, why or even how its possible dont ask me. Hell i even beat an 03 sunfire by a car and yes even i was like WTF. Dont be calling me a LIAR. Untill YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN TWO EYES MY CAR VS MY FRIENDS RX8 why would even start talkin' crap? We have two 8's in our club and the 2nd one runs mid 13's with his mods. Yea i consider that good. Yes they are over rated but with a little bit of money they are amazing. Trust me I would know seeing how both of these fellows I see and hang out with more than my girl friend. \

4. Finally, Yes I race, yes i know people get hurt, no im not cool because of racing, i drive a freaking sunfire! Who says im trying to be cool? little punks like you JL who run your mouth about slowfires and girly car and all that other crap is the reason why I race. KEYWORD: RACE, i dont do it on the streets, we are out of town out of site. we have slightly over a mile stretch of road which has 1 entrance 1 exit, blocked off when we do so. Not my fault our closest drag strip is 3 & 1/2 hrs away.

BTW IMO your and idiotic hypocrite for talking crap saying an ecotec cant keep up with an RX8, calling an RX8 slow, then saying racing is retarded.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:42 AM
to everyone else whos name is not JLAudioCavalier: I dont know what to do about the badge, it seems like it gets a lot of good and a lot of bad. For now im going to leave it. I didnt want to seem like an @!#$ because im not but JL just upset me for some reason. Yes i will lower it after winter and the snow is done, though we have had like one snow. lmao. rkm1989: the AEM decal stays sorry lol. . J 2 envy thanks and when i bought the car i had no idea what ecotec was lmao. But i read somewhere only 12% of the 2002 sunfire produced had ecotec anyone else see that?? But overall i enjoy it.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:21 AM
1. Street racing is street racing if it is on a street. Whether you think you make it safe, it is not a sanctioned, endorsed, prepped, controlled, monitored race track. End of story on how you @!#$ kids think you make street racing "safe".

2. A stock Sunfire and stock RX8 are not equally matched when driven on a track against each other by competent drivers. You being able to drive a little better than your friends does not make your car better than theirs, it means they can't drive.

3. If you think that my previous post was bad, you got a lot to learn about this site, my attitude, and most other peoples as well. You also need to get your head out of your ass and realize that not everyone in the real world is going to be a ray of sunshine on a warm summer morning. It's life, and some people are willing to give it to you like it is. You shouldn't need everything sugar coated and watered down to make it through your day. I was willing to say what I had to say, and leave it at that until you started the childish name calling and all that cry baby bull@!#$ you pulled about my post. And believe me, that was VERY mild compaired to how I could have been.

4. How am I a hypocrite, or an idiot for stating that RX8's are slower than most people think(from what I see all the RX8 fanboys bragging about, I'm right.), then stating that a 2002 Sunfire with an Ecotec motor would not keep up beside an 04 RX8 with mods?!?!?! Let me give you a little lesson here, because you don't seem to fully understand the meaning of some terms that you have used when getting overly defensive about my previous post.

-Hypocrit-- If I were being hypocritical, I would be contradicting something that I, myself have stated. It would mean that I have said something like "It is very wrong to street race, I would never condone it, and you are a horrible person for doing it." and then after saying that, I went out and raced on a public street. Since I did nothing like that at all, I am not a hypocrite at all in this instance.

-Idiot-- Well that one is kind of self explanitory. If I did not know something that was basic or general knowledge(such as street racing being illegal for a reason, and it being wrong all together), or if I were to give someone advice on something that was completely false. OR let's say I just performed a very stupid act with no reguard to my well being, the well being of others, or the humiliation it might ensue, that would make me an idiot. Calling street racing dumb, telling you that a Sunfire is not faster than an RX8(both in stock form), or stating my personal opinion on where you put your Sunfire badge, DO NOT make me an idiot.

All set? Done crying and whining? I sure hope so, for your sake and ours. The real world bites hard, big guy.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:22 AM
Joe Sauseda wrote:. Even when I was BONE STOCK.

wtf are you talking about? you still are!!!

nice try there, lol

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/joesauce/personal_pic.jpg

14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08
Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:03 AM
Lose the AEM sticker, don't do a duel exhaust, remove the door moldings, drop it right. I really don't mind the Sunfire badge. Looks ok.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:36 AM
car looks clean. i like the rims on there!

keep it up man!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:04 PM
Joe Sauseda wrote:J 2 envy thanks and when i bought the car i had no idea what ecotec was lmao. But i read somewhere only 12% of the 2002 sunfire produced had ecotec anyone else see that??

That percentage is probably about right. They didn't start putting the ECOs in Sunfires until mid 2002. I had an '02 Sunfire GT that was built in June of 2002 and had the ECO. I kick myself in the ass everyday for selling that car . When I bought the GT I had no idea what the ECO was either .

On a side note, if you're looking to lower your car without spending a ton of money you might want to look into the KYB AGX struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have this setup and it rides and handles very nice and it's the cheapest (price wise) setup for Js. The struts can be found on eBay for $415 with free shipping and the springs can be found on eBay for less than $200. Just some information I thought I'd throw out there for you . Keep up the good work on your 'fire.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:15 PM
Welcome to the JBO, where flaming is not only a common occurance, but is highly encouraged. That said...

I actually like the sunfire emblem where it is. Dual exhaust is more for looks than power because it adds more weight. I don't really think your sunfire could keep up with an rx8, I think your friend is just a @!#$ty driver and can't shift properly.

Anyway, The intake looks nice. I'd do a drop first, then work on a good SINGLE exhaust, and then finish with CF. Just my humble opinion.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:17 PM
Joe Sauseda wrote:Thanks for all the input! greatly appreciated but let me clear some things up. To JLaudioCavalier:

1. I have got very mixed results from everyone friends and online peeps here at the org so im still up in the air about it.

2. Lowering it the right way is way more expensive and just as costly as doing both the hood and exhaust as it would be to buy the D-Specs but i do agree: lowered it needs yoda FTW!

3. I am stock, intake helps A LOT, before and after races prove, I did not pay the 250$ because i thought it would more "bang for my buck" I bought it because its from AEM a name brand I can trust that backs their product up. Not some rink a dink ebay piece o' crap. Its more for looks then anything. Yes STOCK RX8s are slow and yes MY sunfire can give it hell. Even when I was BONE STOCK I was beating other ecotec cavaliers that had minimal crap IE. intake, plugs, wires, why or even how its possible dont ask me. Hell i even beat an 03 sunfire by a car and yes even i was like WTF. Dont be calling me a LIAR. Untill YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN TWO EYES MY CAR VS MY FRIENDS RX8 why would even start talkin' crap? We have two 8's in our club and the 2nd one runs mid 13's with his mods. Yea i consider that good. Yes they are over rated but with a little bit of money they are amazing. Trust me I would know seeing how both of these fellows I see and hang out with more than my girl friend. \

4. Finally, Yes I race, yes i know people get hurt, no im not cool because of racing, i drive a freaking sunfire! Who says im trying to be cool? little punks like you JL who run your mouth about slowfires and girly car and all that other crap is the reason why I race. KEYWORD: RACE, i dont do it on the streets, we are out of town out of site. we have slightly over a mile stretch of road which has 1 entrance 1 exit, blocked off when we do so. Not my fault our closest drag strip is 3 & 1/2 hrs away.

BTW IMO your and idiotic hypocrite for talking crap saying an ecotec cant keep up with an RX8, calling an RX8 slow, then saying racing is retarded.

eco motors dont have wires.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search