'94 Sedan RS project. grey/black 2-tone - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'94 Sedan RS project. grey/black 2-tone
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 4:40 PM
Hey there guys, brand new to these forums but I wanted to show you all what I've been working on lately. I just bought this '94 cavalier RS from my best friend for the reasonable price of $500. For having 200,000miles shes mechanically sound, however cosmetically she needs attention... I guess he landed in a ditch one night, so the hood and driver door are pretty banged up in some spots, otherwise it was mostly just paint issues. I knew from the very start I was going to rattle can the hood and trunk black to make her more unique around town.. after doing that I realized I might be able to paint something that really popped with this car. SO! I've began my journey to turn my dull normal Cavvy into something a little more.. presentable.

I've always liked the muscle car/rat rod sort of look. My last car was a '87 Camaro that I was in love with... melted the engine bearings one day so no more of that. Anyways, I haven't seen a single Cavalier(as of yet!) that is going for the same look I am. I'm definitely shooting for the D.I.Y/Rat rod look with this beast. For now it's strictly cosmetic work I will be focusing on, I really don't have the sort of money to do a engine/tranny swap at the moment. This is just the very beginning, I'm really deciding as I go with what to do with her, but please feel free to gimme any suggestions you might think of. There is still a mountain of work ahead of me to get her where I want it, but I figured I might as well show what I've got so far, maybe see what you guys think! Thanks for looking, these are the pics I got for now, I'll post more when the weather finally clears up/I get a little more work done.

this is what she looked like right after I bought her(and sprayed the hood 'n trunk)

And after for shooting for a 2-tone

looks better in the dark haha

and what she looks like now!:

I need to paint or remove the moldings, and maybe add some pin striping along the side and trunk... I'm still undecided on whether to paint over the primer or not, I really like it personally, pops with the red pinstripe. Replace the hood, touch up the paint, lower her and then find some "tuff" rims and I'll be a happy man. Anyways, lemme know what you guys think about her so far, and thanks again for looking!

-Fatty

FYI, she's a 2.2l automatic.. 200k miles I don't plan to upgrade it much hah.

Re: '94 Sedan RS project. grey/black 2-tone
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:16 PM
IMO............waste of 500 bucks check out my progress build. i bought my cavi for 150 bucks and as it sits right now i have 500 into it with racing seats, cold air intake, newer motor, hid headlights, aftermarket 17"rims and tinted windows. thats just my opinion but other then that i wanna see this car when its done. has the potential

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:16 PM
IMO............waste of 500 bucks check out my progress build. i bought my cavi for 150 bucks and as it sits right now i have 500 into it with racing seats, cold air intake, newer motor, hid headlights, aftermarket 17"rims and tinted windows. thats just my opinion but other then that i wanna see this car when its done. has the potential

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:42 PM
Welcome!!
If your wanting to turn the car into a nice DD, and keep it. Fix what you mentioned and fix/replace the bumper, shave the antenna, paint the door handles the same as that section of the car(silver, white?), get rid of the passenger key lock, tint the windows, and get some five spoke flat black with a polished lip. Then repaint using gloss black paint with satin clear coat for a proper hot rod flat black...Then worry about what to do when that motor gives its last.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:11 AM
Nice car ...

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:30 AM
that doesn't look bad at all. nice work!

Check out my build thread!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search