Jazer build thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jazer build thread
Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:23 AM
I decided to consolidate my other thread into an actual build thread. I will be home in less than two weeks, and although it's a bitter sweet homecoming, I can't @!#$ wait to work on the J.

Initial plans are to start stripping it down as soon as I get it out of storage. The 95-05 Sunfire front AND the LN2 engine will be gone.... My current front end is going to another Jbo member Blackpheonix. I am moving on to my third, and last, J front end swap. lol. The pictures will give all the details and start to paint the picture.

Eibach front/rear sway bars

New Sunfire front end

GM Cyber Gray

What you've seen it on

RK lower dogbone

17" Focal F05s wrappted in Kumho Ecstas

STD R5s

Eco AEM Intake

Purchased, but not yet pictured:
Aluminum A Arms w/ prothane bushings
TTR Upper engine mount
TTR Trans mounts

Last but not least,
Full Eco swap

Think that's about it. Will add pictures as I get them. Eco will remain relatively stock for the time being. Eventually plan to S/C it, with a light build, but for now I just want to get the swap completed, and get the car running.

How it sits now: Motegi wheels have the snow tires mounted, and will be used for any winter driving. Sides & rear will remain the same.

Lil photoshop of the end result (plan to retrofit the headlights (blacked out) and eventually do some kind of front lip)

Also, a special thanks to ALL the Jbo member's that have helped me by sending me various parts. I owe a lot to all of you. Especially Matt for all the hard work he is putting into the body work and PJ for coming to Eco swap with me.

Re: Jazer build thread
Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:50 AM
You will need a winter beater. Wish I was closer so I could offer morale support

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:32 AM
Lovin the plans, Matt and PJ are definitely the guys to have on your team for this! Good Luck

Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:53 PM
Like!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:24 PM
Very nice !!!!

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:03 PM
Nice color choice.And the photo shop looks pretty tight too.Good luck with getting altogether.

Friday, June 15, 2012 12:38 AM
Thanks guys!

Pj has been trying to get me to have him Eco swap it for YEARS... He can finally have his way with it! Lol.

Friday, June 15, 2012 6:04 AM
hurry up. your build has taken longer than mine. lol

Friday, June 15, 2012 8:53 AM
lol everyone is going grey.

lookin good, jazer.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, June 15, 2012 3:29 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:hurry up. your build has taken longer than mine. lol

Haha! It has taken far too long, lol.

Thanks Zya!

Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:58 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:Like!

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:17 AM

Some Eco stuff....

Aluminum A Arms
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/529161_10150872030621160_810730055_n.jpg

Now I just need to register the J, pick it up at my dads and start workin on it!!!!!!!

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:18 AM

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:37 AM
What upper mount is that?

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:45 AM
TTR Eco

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:08 AM
Looks good cant wait to see progress pics

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:01 PM
Looks good Jessica, keep the progress pics flowing.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:01 PM
Is this a Cavalier with a Sunfire front end?? Its your car but I just don't understand why'd you do that. Looks good but just not my thing.
Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:16 AM
Thanks Jucn!

Yes it is, and I like it, now you can understand why I did it.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:20 AM
Thanks Jucn!

Will deff be gettin suspension stuff by next weekend, eco and paint will be a lil farther out. Either way hoping end of July everything's virtually done. Depends on when is best for Matt to get it down to PA really. Lots of pics comin!

Monday, July 02, 2012 5:03 AM
Aaron- she likes it and to be different, my wifes car is an 01 z24 cavy with a 96 sunfire front end, wait til you see it in person at a NWGME meet its cool looking.
BTw, there are some sunbird front end parts that are cooler than the older cavy parts, look into them for your car.

Monday, July 02, 2012 8:05 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:

I put the same front end on my Sedan for that reason alone. I personally think it looks a million times better.

I can't wait to see this car finished.

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Monday, July 02, 2012 8:22 AM
Thank you guys! I so excited! Lol. Will have major progress comin soon. Should be gettin the car home tomorrow and pickin up a few more Eco parts, like the transmission.

Monday, July 02, 2012 9:17 AM
I recognize those sway bars! Lol

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Monday, July 02, 2012 9:45 AM
Looking good, I would recommend ditching the big front sway though, with the coil overs you have your front spring rates will be plenty high enough, a big front sway is going to induce more under steer. I regretted putting my Eibach front sway in, a big rear sway does great things for these suspensions, and properly chosen spring rates will take care of the rest. Sway bars can do great things but at a certain point they begin to take some of the benefits of an independent suspension away.

Just food for thought if you're planning on AutoXing.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search