Top Speed? - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, February 21, 2011 7:48 PM
I like that I started the Garmin mph proof pictures. lol.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:17 PM
freelancer1988 wrote:I like that I started the Garmin mph proof pictures. lol.

lol mines a cell pic idk how to get a legit upload
blucavvy wrote:congrats you waste of life. i hope you wrap the @!#$ around a telephone pole.

thanks, there are no poles around ther but i guess at that speed and enough tree dodging, i think i could find a pole

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:58 PM
so you try to post that you just want to know hypothetically and then after all this, you're stupid enough to post up a picture proving that you're driving in excess on public roads?

where are the mods on this one? pretty sure there are forum rules against posting about this kind of stupidity on public streets.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:48 PM
I have hit the limiter on my 01 5spd Z on a closed course(private land) pretty easily. I won't go that fast again until I upgrade my breaks, in the works. The car was pretty stable at that speed and it didn't take much to get there. Can't wait to get tuned and the brakes installed and hit the "track" again.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:53 PM
You guys need monster high downforce wings like me to get super smooth high speed runs like me

Shark Wing's are speed rated for like Veyron speeds

Seriously though, It doesnt matter if your driving a cavalier or a Koeniggsegg (sp?)... if you crash and kill yourself or others, or anything like that, it doesnt matter what you drive

I myself have wondered the top speed of the cars, and I am not going to lie, I will cruise above the speed limit on the highway if the conditions are right. Although over the
last few years i've become more and more attracted to driving fast on a road course and hope to do that this year.

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:53 AM
strat81 wrote:where are the mods on this one? pretty sure there are forum rules against posting about this kind of stupidity on public streets.

Close, but not really. Only rules that might pertain to this are about street RACING, and VSS mod, which everyone is treading close to, but haven't gone over the line, *yet* .

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:26 PM
Roofy wrote:
strat81 wrote:where are the mods on this one? pretty sure there are forum rules against posting about this kind of stupidity on public streets.

Close, but not really. Only rules that might pertain to this are about street RACING, and VSS mod, which everyone is treading close to, but haven't gone over the line, *yet* .

oh really?

Quote:

The GME in no way condones activities such as street racing or operating a vehicle in any manner that can legally or rationally be considered 'reckless' in nature. Any post or thread discussing, promoting, or otherwise being of general relation to this topic is not allowed.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:55 AM
strat81 wrote:
Roofy wrote:

oh really?

Quote:

The GME in no way condones activities such as street racing or operating a vehicle in any manner that can legally or rationally be considered 'reckless' in nature. Any post or thread discussing, promoting, or otherwise being of general relation to this topic is not allowed.

Just because it is not condone does not mean ti can't be talked about??

What about all the video's that get posted of people doing 1-3 gear pulls. That would be the same then.

What has been posted so far does not prove anyone broke a law. Truly could be fake, or had been on jake stands.

FU Tuning

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:14 AM
Maybe I was carrying my GPS as we were taking off in an air plane...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:15 AM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:44 AM
dxdean3 wrote:just to clarify the the W tire speed rating, its 168MPH/270KMH

and think about it, do you really want to be going that fast if something were to happen? you and anyone else involved would most likely be in a pine box afterwards

Pine box? Theyll be scooping your parts up into a bucket.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:53 PM
I had my car up to 115....

IN THE QUARTER...

Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:30 PM
just felt like pointing out that the pic of 95ls coupe posted of going 92 isnt even from a cavalier look at the dashboard in the background sooo what was the point of posting that picture?
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:38 PM
Ive had my car up to the limiter, with pedal left still. i was on a runway at a local airport. They were doing SCCA or NASA (road course) stuff, and had about a 2.5 mile strech of runway to work with. I started at one end and made it to my limiter then stopped. My car can handle it, Once the limiter is raised, and the blower is on I will try again.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:34 PM
My chassis, suspension, tires, etc.. have been modified to handle stuff like that, And I still don't try it on the street. Because it's @!#$ stupid. Autox and stuff like that is fine, and that is the purpose. I'm not saying I don't drive spirited on the street, But I am saying I use common sense, And do not take my car 30+mph over highway speeds.

I hope Darwinism is real...

Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:50 PM
strat81 wrote: oh really?

I was just referring to the headings at the top of this post where it says that street racing isn't discussed here. AFAIK, Noone has ever got banned or warned for posting videos, or talking about driving like idiots. Now talking about street racing will probably get a warning, and the VSS mod probably a ban-hammer.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011 3:14 PM
128 MPH and I have payed the tickets to back that up!!! Damn Red and Blue Lights! LOL
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:49 PM
you got caught going 128mph? how the hell do you still have your lisence?

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:52 PM
During an extremley long drive I had my 05 sunfire at or near the limiter for a majority of it.. Lots of wind noise but other then that car felt good and never missed a beat rpm's were around 4-5k alot of the time for long periods of time. So give the J's and the eco/getrag some credit for being cheap econo box's they do ok.
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:41 PM
Im certainly not condoning driving fast all of the time or doing it just to do it on back roads at 3am. But for example this morning on the way to school I was on I97 from annapolis to baltimore, the speed limit is 65mph. I was in the fast lane cruising with the traffic and I looked down and we all, probably 10-12 of us, were going 95mph. While if I lost control the damage would be greater than if I were going 65 the car was handling it so well I had no clue I was going that fast.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:56 PM
Klayton Kirkpatrick wrote:128 MPH and I have payed the tickets to back that up!!! Damn Red and Blue Lights! LOL

those red and blue lights are there so that they don't have to clean up the mess you leave when your car collides with something going that fast.

i'm with mike, i hope darwinism is real and takes care of all you @!#$ idiots that think it's ok to do 100+ on any public road. there's absolutely no reason to be going that fast. none whatsoever. do it at a track or don't do it at all.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 8:19 AM
Quote:

those red and blue lights are there so that they don't have to clean up the mess you leave when your car collides with something going that fast.

yeah ok.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 10:02 AM
Klayton Kirkpatrick wrote:128 MPH and I have payed the tickets to back that up!!! Damn Red and Blue Lights! LOL

Wait. Why did you stop? If you blew past a cop going 128 he wouldnt have time pull out before youd be a mile away. Just get off on the nearest exit and take surface streets. I mean unless you were stupid enough to blow past two cops.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:25 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
Quote:

yeah ok.

yeah ok what?

let's even put aside the fact that the cops probably didn't pull him over because they were concerned with his safety. still, so what? he was beyond speeding, and reckless driving combined at that point. if there were cops around that means that he wasn't on some deserted road where he knew there weren't any innocent bistander's or anything. probly not on a regulated track since a cop pulled him over...........so what? he got pulled over for good reason, i'm fine with people driving "spirited", but what he was doing is just plain stupid. he deserved to get pulled over, and at those speeds on public roads, i'm all for taking his license at that point.

the cops weren't the bad guys in that picture. he was.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:53 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:

in an OHV bitches

how come that doesn't look like a j-body console to me? Is it just me? I haven't had a console in a while..

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:56 PM
Oedwards wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:

in an OHV bitches

how come that doesn't look like a j-body console to me? Is it just me? I haven't had a console in a while..

That's cause it's not.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search