First Supercharger Passes - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First Supercharger Passes
Saturday, May 07, 2011 9:35 PM
Went to Firebird here in Phoenix last night. Made 7 passes in 3 hours.

First supercharged pass ever in the EvoFire was 15.5. My fastest pass of the night on street tires, 32 psi air pressure, car in street trim suspension wise, full interior was a 14.7 @93.39, with a 2.18 60 foot.

Re: First Supercharger Passes
Monday, May 09, 2011 9:24 AM
whats the elevation out there buddy ? that trap speed seems low for a m62 car but the 60ft doesnt seem bad at all.
Monday, May 09, 2011 1:30 PM
right around 1200 ft. on friday, the DA was 3100 though.

not spinning my tires woulda helped my traps. also a higher rev limiter woulda helped probably. I am still learning the flash and all that, but shifting at 6250 with the blower drops boost for a split second, and i gotta build it back up going into 4th for the end of the track. itws not slowing me down, but i cant gain speed as fast in 4th as in 3rd.

Monday, May 09, 2011 6:55 PM
Not bad for your first couple runs, with basically stock charger/pulley.

I think when I just had the 3.0 pulley and intercooler it would only trap 96 mph.

13.3 @ 106 mph Cammed
Monday, May 09, 2011 7:09 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:Not bad for your first couple runs, with basically stock charger/pulley.

I think when I just had the 3.0 pulley and intercooler it would only trap 96 mph.

Thats what I was thinking. I know people dont trap very high with these because its very linear power. its not like a turbo where its not there then all of a sudden it is. My fastest pass was against a ss/tc, and I had him till maybe 1/8th mile or 1000 foot, then he shot past me like a rocket. I had a 2.1 60 foot, with a .125 reaction, and he had a 2.4 60 foot with a .7 something reaction on that run.

Over all, right now as the car sits. I gained 7/10th, and 7 MPH just with adding the blower. All my runs Friday were with the car in stock trim, and all that as said before. I bet if i woulda dialed in the struts, and lowered the PSI in my tires i could been a 1/10th or 2/10th quicker. but oh well. I'll get better with more passes, and the car will get faster with cooling mods and smaller pullies.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:36 PM
Not bad Chris now get a smaller pulley on that thing
Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:06 PM
Nothing special, but here are the videos that were taken that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0W9xaWPThU&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV2aByjlyHM&feature=player_profilepage

Edited 5 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:10 PM

Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:52 PM
Hmm, then my car must be screwed up. set up was a 3.1 pulley, phenolic spacer, dual pass endplate/cobra intercooled, cobalt s/c header, full 2.5 exhaust with dynomax vt muffler, and running on the gm flash. Was showing boost at 10 psi and my best time was 15.1 and average was 15.3.
Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:56 PM
Evofire. Don't you also have a big brake kit upfront? That extra mass will take more power to spin making your times slightly slower as well. So I'd say you did good for a first outing.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:05 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Evofire. Don't you also have a big brake kit upfront? That extra mass will take more power to spin making your times slightly slower as well. So I'd say you did good for a first outing.

yes i have a wilwood bbk up front, along with GAGT control arms. i was on regular street tires that night. with my dr's it would have been quicker.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:01 AM
I always race in full street trim. I know when I was racing on my street tires I was down to like 25psi. Also, I no lift shifted every time and it took it like a champ.

Just get consistent and you can win money... I will never be consistent and its going to be my downfall but my car cant be a bracket car. Experience is the key.

Monday, August 22, 2011 11:49 AM
I got ya on that Vince. What I meant by street trim, was it was straight off the road. No air adjustments or anything. No coilover adjustments, FULL FULL tank of gas. I always race in full trim interior wise and all that. I never strip stuff outta my car. But I usually adjust the air and coilovers, and make sure I have about 1/3 of a tank or gas.

Monday, August 22, 2011 11:51 AM
Quote:

not spinning my tires woulda helped my traps

Not spinning usually means slower trap speed.

If you are falling out of boost that is not good, but a smaller pulley shold fix that.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 22, 2011 11:55 AM
I dont remember if i was falling all the way outta boost or not. I think it might ahve been dropping to 2 or 3 PSI then building again. i cant remember. but pulley soon, then meth.

Monday, August 22, 2011 2:43 PM
Jesus Jacobo wrote:Hmm, then my car must be screwed up. set up was a 3.1 pulley, phenolic spacer, dual pass endplate/cobra intercooled, cobalt s/c header, full 2.5 exhaust with dynomax vt muffler, and running on the gm flash. Was showing boost at 10 psi and my best time was 15.1 and average was 15.3.

Dont take any of this the wrong way. but your car is a sedan. its heavier then a coupe, its a cavalier, its heavier then a sunfire, (i think), and i have way way way more suspension mods then you (yes it makes a diff) and you are a bit bigger then me IIRC. so it doesnt surprise me that your car is a half second slower then mine even with your smaller pulley.

Friday, November 11, 2011 4:04 PM
i needs to race more! need more stories...maybe ill go tonight!

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:48 PM
went tonight...heres the results.

i was in the right lane. only got one run. they told me not to come back without a helmet.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:02 PM
that pass was on DR's at 25 psi

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:14 AM
Very nice!!

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:48 AM
yeah John I was shocked. it felt like a mid 14's run while i0t was happening. i bogged bad getting into second. so i think there is still 2-3 tenths in it.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:09 PM
any updates? Im going to be running the M62/3" pulley/ZZP S3 h/e with dual pass/both motor mounts/with a custom tune on a 2dr base model 5spd 04 cavy...Im hoping to be told not to come back without a helmet myself but I know its going to take some getting used to...Im getting a 6puck stage 2 clutch put in..so im used to the stock clutches at the moment...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:16 PM
that is my last pass. there have been no mods done to the car since then really. changed an axle, and will be swapping a trans soon. as well as a HPT tune on the 36's. after that i will update. my buddy who is an excellent driver runs 13.4's in his ls model cobalt that is blown, and i am a foot or 2 off his back bumper when we run from a dig. im thinking is 13.5 or 13.6 as it sits.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:45 PM
Subscribed for times this spring :-)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:56 PM
With these times you are running the exact setup you have listed in your profile correct? Im just trying to decide if I want to run the reflash for the time being until I can get a real tune. What size injectors are you running with the 3.0 pulley? Im planning on running a 3.1 pulley with 42# injectors on the stock fuel pump for now (heat exchanger as well). Seems like youve had great luck with the reflash so any insight would be awesome. Btw good times man

Dave

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:03 PM
ill make this easy. below is my list of mods....i am running the kit as it would be bought from GM other then the pulley and the cooling. that means that i have the 2.5 TMAP, with the reflash, and 36 lb/hr injectors. I have also bumped my fuel pressure up to 65 static. This is essentially a mechanical means of tuning with the gm flash. I have read a ton about it, and have a good friend that has helped me get where i am with this "kit". This GM Reflash has a lot of potential (others will disagree) in it, if it is paired with the correct mods to support/make it better.

~Motor~
M62 Supercharger w/ GM Reflash
OTTP oversized tensioner pulley
3.0 inch South Florida Pulley
Cobra heat exchanger
LSJ heat exchanger pump
LSJ heat exchanger pump bracket
LSJ heat exchanger fill tube
LSJ Alternator
LSJ Fuel Rail Cover
LSJ valve cover
LSJ PCV Breather Line
LSJ Pacesetter header
Mobil One oil cap
Custom Coil Pack Holddown
AEM/NOPI CIA
Pacesetter Custom made 2.5 inch downpipe
RKSport (Magnaflow) Cat Back Exhaust
MagnaFlow Hi Flow Cat
DynoMax Resonator
Custom Clutch Res
RK Sport Upper Mount
Prothane Lower Mount
Aeromotive AFPR
Racetronix Fuel Pump
Jegs fuel pressure gauge

~Trasmission~
B&M Short Throw Shifter
B&M SS Cobalt Shift Knob
Luk Pro Gold Stage 2 Clutch

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

~SUSPENSION~
Gravana Coilovers (Prototype)
GM Strut Bar
OEM Rear Strut Mounts
OEM Solid Rear Strut Bar (Prototype)
1999 Alero Aluminum Control Arms
Prothane Control Arm Bushings
RkSport Rear Sway Bar
Energy Suspension Front and Rear Sway Bar Links

~Wheels/Tires & Brakes~
4 Drag DR17 17inch wheels
Dunlop Direzza DZ101's 225/40/17ZR's
Modified Knuckles
Wilwood Front Brakes
Wilwood Back Brakes (Prototype)
SS Brake Lines
2 Drag DR17's with BFG DR's

Interior:

~Interior~
Clear HVAC Knobs
1997 Sunfire Dash
Lighted Rear View Mirror
Cyberdyne Oil Pressure Gauge
Cyberdyne Boost Gauge
AEM UEGO wideband

Exterior:

~Exterior~
EVO Hood
Custom Billet Antenna
Clear Side Markers
1997 Spoilerless Trunk Deck
TYC Tail Lights
EVOFIRE License Plate

Audio:

~Audio/Electronics~
Shuriken SK-BT20 Battery
Clifford Matrix 12.5X Alarm
Alpine iDA-X100 Headunit
Alpine MRP-M500 Subwoffer Amp
Alpine MRP-F300 Door Speaker Amp
Diamond Audio D3 8 inch Sub
Monster Cable Amp Power Wires
Monster Cable RCA's
160 GIG Apple Ipod

Miscellaneous:

Relocated ECU to under dash between center console panel.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search