No more Cav - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No more Cav
Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:07 PM
So I was having a good time in downtown Detriot halloween weekend and when I walked out of the club to go home, the car was gone. I assumed it was towed but neither the police or I can seem to find it so. We called every towing place we could find and no one had it. Apparently it was stolen. So I had a police report filled out, and now I am waiting for the insurance to write a check.

I'm actually not that upset about it. I have been kinda wanting to get a different car lately. Hopefully I get a decent amount from insurance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:10 PM

Go Go OG Traction!!

Re: No more Cav
Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:16 PM
that sucks...but if it works out for ya then cool

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:04 PM
Post some pics ive never seen your car before, im kind of hoping i get a new car too

"HONDA" tech wana-be

Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:04 PM
Damn that sucks! Well if you get it back or something let us know. I might be could use it...

Sunday, November 19, 2006 9:06 AM
IT IS FOUND

YAY!

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:08 PM
How bad is it. i was wondering if they were gonna find it??

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:41 PM
Well someone had my car for 3 weeks and I dont know what they did to it. I hate this. The drivers window is broken and the radio is gone. As for anything else, I just got back from Atlanta today and still need to find a way to get to Detriot to look at it. I am sure the clutch is toast as it was starting to slip before. And I'm sure it explored redline a few times. Maybe I can get a new drivetrain out of the deal. We will see.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, November 20, 2006 6:26 AM
that sucks man. best of luck to ya. update when you find out wats up

Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:57 PM
whats the deal? hows it doin?

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:39 AM
I am still waiting on insurance to look at it. They are taking their time. It has been a pain in the butt because it is in Detroit and I am living in Columbus until Christmas. It is difficult to do anything without a car, and insurance only pays 20 bucks a day for a rental, most places charge double that. I finally found a place that rented me a car for whatever insurance will pay, so its free for me. And its a Cobalt. So now I can go and check on it, too bad the dealership it is at isn't open on weekends when I dont work!!! ARGG!!!

The cav has a broken drivers window, a broken dash bezel, and a stolen stereo. The ignition cylinder and wiring was perfectly fine so now i think that the car was never driven!!! unless someone was smart enough to know there arent many different keys out there, and tried his and it worked!?! I dont know, but it will work out eventually.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, November 27, 2006 9:31 AM
OG Nick wrote:The cav has a broken drivers window, a broken dash bezel, and a stolen stereo.

honestly if thats all thats wrong w/ the cav, i wouldnt go through the insurance to get it fixed? whats your deductable for the car? my cav was broken into a little over 3 weeks ago and thats all that was wrong on my car. i called insurnace company and they wont replace the aftermarket radio because they said they dont cover personal property in the car. they said home owners will cover it (i know sounds weird and i questioned it too and had a long talk w/ the lady from the insurnace company) needless to say the stuff stolen out of the car only equaled up to about 1300 and the deductable from home owners was 1000 so wasnt worth it. so instead of going through the insurnace to get the car fixed i just went to a junkard. 50 bucks later i had a drivers side window and dash bezel. took both out in about 10 mins.

Monday, November 27, 2006 3:03 PM
I under stand completely with what you are saying. When I thought it was fully stolen, I was going to have to go through homeowners to get all my personal items in the car covered (clothes and the like). However insurance did say they would cover the stereo. I am also having the glass and dash bezel covered, because apparently i have no deductable in this situation, which i have taken advantage of already on a previous claim.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:57 AM
well cant argue w/ that then

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 5:04 PM
i have the keys!!!!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:24 PM
hopefully not for long, if you drop them off at the dealer like you are supposed to!!

Mucho love!!

Go Go OG Traction!!
Friday, December 01, 2006 6:50 AM
Nick, if you need bezals, glass and whatever else inside let me know.. Man the yard here has all kinds of J's... But if the dealer is gonna replace everything, I guess thats your best bet

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 01, 2006 3:31 PM
Thanx bud, I appreciate it, truly. I think I am all set for now, but if anything happens, I will let you know.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, December 11, 2006 12:51 AM
wow, thats crazy.

Believe it or not, its actually pretty hard to steal a J-body...... unless you have a key ring of 50 keys or so and get lucky (I know 2 of my J's share the exact same cut as people I know)

Hope it all works out.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, December 11, 2006 4:19 PM
Thanx Brian.

So I finally got to see my car. It is covered in dust. Looks terrible but a good detail will fix that.

Insurance cut me a check for the drivers window, Pioneer Head Unit, and dash bezel. I told them I wanted to see the car first. There are many scratches that weren't there before, and the front bumper is messed up. I don't know how they missed that, but now I gotta wait for insurance to go look at it again. Hopefully I will get it back before New Years.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:09 AM
i was so happy to see the car nick

i can't wait for new years when your in town, we are gonna party it up (in a safe neighborhood of course!)

mucho mucho <3

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:35 AM
Any update NIck, as far as getting those marks the ins didnt see at first fixed?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:03 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Any update NIck, as far as getting those marks the ins didnt see at first fixed?

i hate to answer for him, but the insurance did not quote or....look at the scratches...they have to have a look at it again and then they go from there....hes hoping they''ll have it done over the holidays, but cross your fingers.....

<3

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:06 PM
Basicly yes, I am waiting on insurance to appraise it again. They are taking thier time.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:44 AM

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:10 AM

it is fixed and being driven as we speak

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search