this is why you get a winter beater..... brace yourself - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: this is why you get a winter beater..... brace yourself
Monday, February 05, 2007 9:08 AM
Yup. But you didn't.

Sucks to be you.

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier SOLD | 2002 BMW 330i SOLD | 2004 BMW 645i

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:25 AM
ur damn lucky the air bags didn't go off dude..def fixable though

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:31 AM
turdfire wrote:
CJ 96Z w/03 conversion wrote:good thing there weren't any real Z24's made in 03 + so its easy to get an LS bumper brand new just go to ebay

im pretty sure your dead wong on that one.

Its a Canadian thing. 03+ were infact badged Z24 in Canada. In the US they are LS Sport. Crazy canucks. lol

Car looks very fixable. Plastic welding FTW!

-Brandon

Monday, February 05, 2007 10:29 AM
-dougall- wrote:driving home from plowing all night (started last night at maybe 12, just finished now)... going around a corner, VERY VERY slow, i started sliding.. reefed on the ebrake to get some more control, and BOOM... snowbank vs cavalier = snowbank wins......

are you a pot head ? lol

ive never heard anyone say that in that way

sucks about the car

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:26 PM
no im not a poth heed (simpsons lol)

never heard what said what way

15.1@90.34mph
Monday, February 05, 2007 3:01 PM
reefed instead of pulled , for the parking brake comment

and the pot head was meant as a joke to the reefed , sounded like something a pot head would say

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:30 PM
My Cavy slides and fishtails all the time in the snow, and I can instantly gain control by slowing down and turning the wheel a tad to straighten out. I've NEVER heard of someone locking up their ebrake to try and gain control. Sucks though about the car. Looks replaceable though, so thats always good.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:02 PM
ill say it again

there was no way of correcting it.... i was too close to it for trying to control it to do anything.... so i pulled the ebrake so i didnt slam into it head on.....

15.1@90.34mph
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:19 PM
damn that snow bank!

"HONDA" tech wana-be

89 QUAD turbo build in progress
http://www.gadomestics.com/
Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:54 PM
@!#$ happens. Only thing you can do now is think about what you're gonna do for a new front bumper.

Monday, March 05, 2007 6:22 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:
-dougall- wrote:
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:I am still curious as to WHY you would yank the ebrake when youre already sliding to gain control?

to try and swing the car into some open road other than snowbank.. if i didnt do it i probably would of hit it straight on and did ALOT more damange including air bags

but if youre already sliding in 1 direction on snow or ice you cant gain traction to change your angle by creating more of a sliding effect....

correct though all you did is re-direct the damage... but yanking your ebrake was not a way to gain traction to 'swing" it in another direction...

By pulling the e-brake not only can you select what hits where on the car first but you can also change the angle of inpact..this allowing you to select how the car comes off whatever your going to hit...

Canadians e-brake daily...

Correct if he was already in a slide the open road wouldn't have been a option however where it hit on the car was his option.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:56 PM

You were probably staring at some construction workers again...

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, April 16, 2007 9:58 PM
That sucks man. Hope my car never sees that anytime soon (well..ever). I'm still curious on the e-brake thing though. When you lose control on snow the trick is to not use the gas or brakes as all and by not using them, you gain control of your car back. I tell my sisters this all the time but they never listen and still suck at winter driver. Maybe your situation was different. I just never tried using the e-brake in the winter.

2003 Silver Eco powered Sunfire
Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:30 PM
Using the e-brake to stop is about the silliest thing you could do in the winter. Mayyyyybbbeee one or two situations it would help, but I suggest you go to a snow covered parking lot and try yanking the e-brake and get a feel for what happens before you try it on the roads.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, November 05, 2007 8:24 PM
what they stress in commercial drivers' training is NEVER hit the brakes in a skid; trailer skids are caused by the trailer brakes locking up. Beginning drivers often make the mistake of pulling on the trailer handbrake to correct a trailer skid--DON'T-- all it does is increase the chance of a jackknife.

sucks about your car, though. You're lucky you weren't hurt.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search