My New Project- 76 Jeep CJ-7 - Page 5 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My New Project- 76 Jeep CJ-7
Monday, June 28, 2010 7:48 AM
really nice progress

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:23 PM
thanks! i'm doing my best on it

Check out my build thread!

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:24 AM
well i was going to tackle this project until i picked up a new full fiberglass body jeep that had all the work done to it that i was gonna do. Guy had over 7k invested and gave up and i got it for less then 3k.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:41 AM
dead sexy. mine should look pretty similar to that when it's finished.

gotta love a nice, clean, white CJ!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:30 PM
The one thing i am kind of dissapointed about is it does appear the person brushed the ENTIRE chassie bushings and all. So i may still have a little bit of work to do on it im on vacation right now but i will post some pics up in a few days when i get home.
Friday, July 16, 2010 10:58 AM
Are your shackle angles correct? They seem a little too tilted. But then again im an xj guy.

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:31 PM
they weren't at first, we mixed up the front and rear springs when first installing the kit, which is why the shackle angles were wrong. i didn't take any good pics of the shackles after we corrected everything.

Sunday, October 10, 2010 2:53 PM
i finally got my lazy ass around to doing some work on the jeep. haven't had much time since summer to do anything. been way too busy with school, moving into a house, etc. the only thing i've done since my last update was run new hard brake lines, which i still need to completely finish. just need to order some extended braided lines, to accommodate my life, in order to check that off the list.

today i finished ripping stuff off the old tub and swapping onto the new. had to get the old tub hauled away, it was taking up too much space, and the city was on my ass to move it. about halfway through taking stuff off, my torx wrench broke. so i said @!#$ it, and used a sawzall LOL. i even cut off the firewall to possibly use as a patch piece on the new tub, as there is a decent size crease where the windshield frame meets.

here's what the old tub loaded onto the trailer, ready to be hauled away

my DD, 99 lumina lurking in the background

the only thing i wasn't able to take off today was the old roll bar, which i think i'm going to use instead of the family style bar on the new tub. that will be taken off by my dad before the old tub goes in for scrap metal.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:15 PM
haven't had much time for the jeep lately with school, but since i've been off for spring break, i found some time to do a little work.

finally finished running the new brake lines

mmmm braided extended hoses!

also sanded down painted up my gas tank skid and a couple engine parts. here's the skid.

here's the fan blade. the engine parts were painted with a semi-gloss engine enamel.

this is a @!#$ty pic, but it's of the skid, fan blade, master cylinder, and a pulley.

thats all i got for now. tomorrow i'm gonna sand down the intake and exhaust manifolds so i can paint them. after that i need to run new hard fuel lines.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:14 PM
Progress looks real nice man. Keep it up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search