man builds his own bugatti veyron - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
man builds his own bugatti veyron
Friday, July 15, 2011 7:57 PM
daaaaaamn this thing looks sweet as hell!

http://www.tecca.com/news/2011/07/15/bugatti-veyron-replica-ebay/

Re: man builds his own bugatti veyron
Friday, July 15, 2011 8:06 PM
DAAMN! That's awesome.....
Friday, July 15, 2011 8:11 PM
Could have picked a better base car in my opinion.. But dam that thing does look nice and i'm hard pressed to tell the difference.. Amazing work.
Friday, July 15, 2011 8:26 PM
RED wrote:i'm hard pressed to tell the difference

Quote:

"Cougatti"

LMAO...Win

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:35 PM
alright. i guess i'll be the un-impressed one.

yes it's awesome that he replicated the exterior and put in a nice interior. but he left the 170hp engine the original cougar had? seriously.

and then slapped a $90,000 price tag on it? fukk that.

go ahead, ignore me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 15, 2011 8:36 PM

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:30 PM
blucavvy wrote:alright. i guess i'll be the un-impressed one.

yes it's awesome that he replicated the exterior and put in a nice interior. but he left the 170hp engine the original cougar had? seriously.

and then slapped a $90,000 price tag on it? fukk that.

go ahead, ignore me

actually every thing you said makes sense. All I was saying is from just looking in the pics, you cant tell the difference.

Friday, July 15, 2011 10:03 PM
im too impressed by the way it looks to care about a 170hp engine. while it could be flawed up close, it certainly looks mint in pics

Friday, July 15, 2011 10:38 PM
the exterior is badass, i'm not debating that at all. it's actually pretty amazing.

Friday, July 15, 2011 11:57 PM
Saw it on eBay. Front wheel drive veyron ftl, would have been better on a tube frame with an engine that makes noise.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:24 AM
Who cares what it has performance wise..... 95% of the people who saw you cruising by them on the street would snap their necks to get a 2nd look.

Like I said. 95% of people would never know the difference. It's like the Batmobile, sure it might not REALLY be jet powered and fast as a superbike, but who wouldn't give their soul to drive to the local cruise-in in the F---ING BATMOBILE?!?!?!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:44 AM
[quote=Roofy

Like I said. 95% of people would never know the difference. It's like the Batmobile, sure it might not REALLY be jet powered and fast as a superbike, but who wouldn't give their soul to drive to the local cruise-in in the F---ING BATMOBILE?!?!?!

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:45 AM
Really nice job but to complete it I would of changed the powerplant.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:28 AM
170hp cougar engine = higher hp than 75% of the people's vehicles on this site. Just saying!

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:34 AM
Something to think about. this kid who built this is 25 years old. and did it in 9 months. that is something most profesional body shops would have trouble doing. not everyone knows engines. this guy appears to be a body guy. who built what looks to be a super clean body from scratch probably in his garage. just because he has great fiberglass skills doesnt mean he has the knowledge to built a big ole beefed up motor with tons of horsepower and knows the mechanicals involved with converting a cougar to rear wheel drive.
id problaby say that almost nobody on this 10,000 member site has the skill to take on this type of project. so try to look at what was done on this thing and try not to spend the time complaning about what it doesnt have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:15 AM
The ONLY thing that kills it is the wheel well's gap and track; those tires needs more meat on them. The rest is spectacular work.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, July 16, 2011 12:15 PM
sndsgood wrote:Something to think about. this kid who built this is 25 years old. and did it in 9 months. that is something most profesional body shops would have trouble doing. not everyone knows engines. this guy appears to be a body guy. who built what looks to be a super clean body from scratch probably in his garage. just because he has great fiberglass skills doesnt mean he has the knowledge to built a big ole beefed up motor with tons of horsepower and knows the mechanicals involved with converting a cougar to rear wheel drive.
id problaby say that almost nobody on this 10,000 member site has the skill to take on this type of project. so try to look at what was done on this thing and try not to spend the time complaning about what it doesnt have.

i understand that completely, and as i've said, props to the guy. it's definately a project i would never be able to complete. i'm just saying i can't imagine shelling out close to 100,000 dollars for a car that LOOKS like a supercar, but performs about as well as a grand prix.

there's a reason there's over 1,000,000 dollar difference between a car that looks like a veyron and an actual veyron. that's it. i'm not knocking the guy at all, i'm just surprised he thinks he's going to get that kind of money for that car. as "special" as it may be.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:43 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:The ONLY thing that kills it is the wheel well's gap and track; those tires needs more meat on them. The rest is spectacular work.

what i was going to say. same problem with some local guys Ferrari replica mr2.... if Ferrari made a 4x4....

Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:06 PM
Amazing.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:47 PM
So buy it and drop in a new engine. I don't see a problem with having a great replica car and then figuring out which engine would complete the package a little more. Realistically, you're not going to get 1000 HP with the same power delivery out of most engines. You could build up a turbo V8, but it wouldn't drive the same. Even if you have the power, its going to be a flawed replica. I would just make it comfortable and have enough power to get past semis tossing rocks at your one off Veyron.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:39 AM
When they said "builds with his own hands", I was expecting a tube frame with a mid mounted American v8. This is still really cool though.

I have no signiture
Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:42 AM
A Veyron with a back seat? Very cool.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:10 PM
I was shocked and disappointed to find a Fiero wasn't used.

LOL.

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:07 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:I was shocked and disappointed to find a Fiero wasn't used.

LOL.

you read my mind lol

---

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:03 AM
blucavvy wrote:
sndsgood wrote:Something to think about. this kid who built this is 25 years old. and did it in 9 months. that is something most profesional body shops would have trouble doing. not everyone knows engines. this guy appears to be a body guy. who built what looks to be a super clean body from scratch probably in his garage. just because he has great fiberglass skills doesnt mean he has the knowledge to built a big ole beefed up motor with tons of horsepower and knows the mechanicals involved with converting a cougar to rear wheel drive.

i understand that completely, and as i've said, props to the guy. it's definately a project i would never be able to complete. i'm just saying i can't imagine shelling out close to 100,000 dollars for a car that LOOKS like a supercar, but performs about as well as a grand prix.

there's a reason there's over 1,000,000 dollar difference between a car that looks like a veyron and an actual veyron. that's it. i'm not knocking the guy at all, i'm just surprised he thinks he's going to get that kind of money for that car. as "special" as it may be.

well really thought the money he's asking is about 8% the cost of an actual veyron.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:21 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:I was shocked and disappointed to find a Fiero wasn't used.

LOL.

i dont think it would have looked right.

veyron wheelbase- 106.7 in

fiero wheel base- 93.4 in.

couger wheel base-106.4 in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search