Transporter's Passat - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Transporter's Passat
Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:01 PM
im lost.. you wrecked it? why does that upper pic look like the radiator is at an angle? or is it???

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:17 PM
If you read... it explains things.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:39 PM
You can move the front ends on them out of the way to replace the timing belt/water pump.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:11 PM
I AutoX'ed the Passat today, it didn't go too terribly, especially for being on 195 snow tires, haha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:34 PM
How did you place and what class did you run in?

Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:04 PM
I was in Road Tire G Stock, and poorly, haha.

I was running with the minis and miatas in the morning because it was so cold and raining, perks of my snows, but as soon as it dried up I only gained a second and any everyone else gained about 4, lol. 14th out of 20 in road tire, which is a ridiculously competitive class in our region, I would have done better in ST, haha.

I wasn't really worried about points though, just wanted to get an idea of how the car acted on the edge. I probably won't run it again, hopefully I'll have another cav by then.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:04 PM
Damn man, had no idea you wrecked the cavi.
I remember watching the vids of you drifting the cavi in the snow..
I like that 944 on page 1. Otherwise nice passat.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:56 PM
A couple pictures of the fun this weekend, haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:58 PM

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:41 PM
Great thread! I read every post and enjoyed all the pics! Nice work man!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:17 PM
Nice. Autocross is a ton of fun man, but does your region not give a crap about guidelines on how close to curbs/poles you can make a course??? Just something I noticed in your vid

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:20 PM
Course design keeps them in mind, but if you run into one it's your own damn fault, lol.

I've never read any actual regulations on it, but we can't be real picky on sites.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:57 PM
"it's your own damn fault" isn't good enough a lot of times. You are supposed to be, I believe 25ft from any curb or pole. There should be a safety steward to approve the course or not. Is that a NASA or SCCA event? I mean, I'm not talking trash, but autocross is supposed to be welcoming and safe for newcomers, that's why that rule or guideline is there.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:04 PM
SCCA, and we have a safety steward, but I'm not a part of any of that so I don't know what has been discussed.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:20 PM
Again, not trash talking or anything, just kind of was wondering. I've seen worse scenarios get tested and approved, just not too often.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search