Quad powered Chevette? - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quad powered Kadett?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:05 PM
We'll see what happends.

Pulled everything but the door panels and dash out of the interior. Vacuumed the mouse @!#$ out of the interior. Pulled the seat mounts off and cleaned them up, ready to bolt to my Corbeaus. Contacted 2 carpet places about new carpet. Test fit a Cav rear bench in. Some foam trimming and it should fit nicely. Probably just recover the back with Cavi material to match. Looks like a brake line underneath is leaking. Fix that and see if it still needs a master. All interior trim will get sanded, washed, and repainted.... maybe if I get crazy in the future, I'll make a few C/F pieces. Also found some halfway decent tires for the 13"s, for now.

Once it's movable, I'll take it to my buddy's place to get the rust spots cut out and replaced with new sheet metal.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:03 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i gotta go with option 1... the modified stock one. and as long as you ditch the gay 80s eggcrate grille ill be happy no matter what you do.

cant wait. this is going to be awesome.

I think I agree with brad here. That shortened tucked bumper looks great, but that grill is bad looking.

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:47 PM
It'll be getting a grill like the Yellow Opel above.

At the guys shop where the floor will be getting fixed.... Talked me into bed lining the floor and undercarriage, lol

Monday, August 06, 2012 9:39 AM
Hot damn, can't wait to see this

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, August 10, 2012 8:08 AM
Been searching on the German and UK EBay....... damn I wish I could read German! Sucks copy and pasting everything into a translator and/or using Google to translate the page. lol

Trying to find the lower front valence to do the Euro bumper swap. Appears to be part of the radiator support or what ever you call it. Bulkhead? Idk. Makes it that much harder to find when you don't know what to call it!

Other than that, working on brakes now. J-body front swap for now (n body or f body later, depending on wheel choice). Was going going to use a N-body master, but it's going to take a bit of work (different mounting and push rod)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:20 PM
Found that Front lower panel. Crazy expensive, $450+ shipping from Holland. GM price on it was $80 or so, but every place I find who has it listed, are out of stock.

Found a S10 rear axle and T5 on Craigslist, waiting for dude to get back to me on it. Trying not to pay over $250-300 for the pair, otherwise I can pick up a rust S10 with blown engine for a couple hundred more.

Have a local guy who expressed interest in trading me a "running" LD9 for the DC Sports header I have. Need to sell the rest of the Cav parts (and a few GTO parts) to fund this project !

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:58 PM
Sounds like we should have progress pics in the not so distant future.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:21 PM
Researching carbon fiber vacuum bagging right now..... going to try my hand at replicating the "simple" interior panels in the chevette.

Nothing else I can do when I'm stuck 3.5 hours away from home for work. lol

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:23 PM
Dam if you get good at it, I might need to drive back up to your house and have you do some dakota parts for me.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:43 PM
I'll have to ask my buddy if he still has his setup, it's been a few years since he did a few parts, but being a auto body guy, I'm sure he kept it.

Damn laptop battery just died! Thank god for my iPhone!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:06 PM
I love smart phones for surfing but hate the little buttons for posting......what do they have you doing 3.5 hrs away? I'm at work mysef ight now, via cell.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:17 PM
Work for McLane driving Semi and delivering food/supplies. Wed/Thurs I'm down in Pekin IL. Sun/Mon I'm down in Porter/Hobart IN.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:25 PM
Gotchya, I'm all over the chicago area from palatine to joliet and glenwood to naperville fixing carwashes.

Re: Quad powered Chevette
Monday, August 20, 2012 11:05 PM
Worked on it some today. Ordered up a complete ES Bushing kit for it, should have it by end of the week, so started removing the front suspension. Found out something great, the Eibach Cavi front sway bar should boot right in! Laid it on top of the stock Chevette one and it's almost perfect fit! Found a set of S10 2" drop spindles on Craigslist that should work, and let me match front and rear bolt patterns.

Also stopped at a junk yard, they want $400 for Trans, Drive Shaft, and rear axle from a '88 S10, pulled for me, no warrenty...... but for $600 I can buy a whole S10 off of CraigsList.

And I should have a running 2.4 dropped off at my house this weekend, and if I play my cards right, hopefully swap it for a W41......

Once I get it back on all 4 wheels, I can take it to have the floors patched up and coated.

Oh..... and also found the perfect brake booster for it..... Geo Metro! Found two in the yard, looks like it wouldn't take mutch to make it usable.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:18 AM
I should be around tomorrow night... not so sure on the woman but I might get a hold of you and see what you are up to.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:48 AM
Sounds good Vince. If Jamie's not busy, we can go check out his project.

Re: Quad powered Chevette?
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:27 PM
Finaly got the suspension dropped out. Had to use a grinder to cut some bolts out.

Need to dimantal it and get it sent out to get blasted and powder coated...... not sure what color yet (thinking orange, and the car painted army green....)

Next thing to tackle..... keep the 4x100 for now, or convert to 5x100 or 5x115..... I have a set of 16" 5x115 Alero rims, need tires, a set of 13"s (not sure if they would clear new brakes) that need tires...... and down the road I want to run dished 15"s

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:54 AM
Oh yeah!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:41 AM
interesting

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:13 AM
orange and army green? come on man.... yuck! LOL

and alero wheels?! again yuck. you know that thing would look awesome with 95-99 z wheels.

(send them off to get widened if thats the issue)

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:53 AM
The Alero wheels are because I have them in the garage, and if I go to 5x115, I'll use them for the time being. (I do have 2 16" steelies in 5x115 as well.....)

Colors wise, the Army green is better than the blue it is now (which is what the wife says I should keep! lol), and the orange would be limited to the suspension parts.

But again, who knows, it's a long ways off from paint.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:35 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:The Alero wheels are because I have them in the garage, and if I go to 5x115, I'll use them for the time being. (I do have 2 16" steelies in 5x115 as well.....)

Colors wise, the Army green is better than the blue it is now (which is what the wife says I should keep! lol), and the orange would be limited to the suspension parts.

But again, who knows, it's a long ways off from paint.

The only two colors suspension should be is black and silver... This is truth... unless its a race car, then you can color code them by movement...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:10 PM
But it is race car!

My winter beater, daily driver, race car!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:10 PM
Orange and army green?....pass. go indiglo blue

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:44 PM
I think it'd look badass in a flat Olive Drab/Army Green.... Now, orange underpinnings.. notsomuch. Black or tan would look good though. I mean, ultimately it's your car, do what you will, I've just never been much for crazy bright colors unless they're on the main body of the car. The brighter colors are what will draw the eye first, and suspension parts generally aren't pretty to look at lol..

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search