2013 Dodge Dart - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2013 Dodge Dart
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:27 AM
^^^ It does sound promising.

Pass this over to the next page...
Update from Dodge.

All-new 2013 Dodge Dart Interior Sets New Standard for Compact CarsA Modern Blend of Precision Craftsmanship, State-of-the-art Technology and Safety, Exciting Bursts of Color and Hand-sculpted Shapes Create a Highly Customizable Interior

-New Dodge Dart built with materials and precision craftsmanship typically found in more expensive vehicle segments
-Customization is key – Dodge offers thousands of ways to personalize the Dart
-Available high-tech features include class-exclusive customizable 7-inch gauge cluster, 8.4-inch Uconnect touch screen, heated steering wheel and illuminated floating island bezel
-Class-Leading Safety – Dodge Dart’s 10 standard airbags are unsurpassed in the compact car segment

December 13, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Dodge brand is giving a sneak peek into the high-tech, precisely crafted and highly customizable interior of its all-new 2013 Dodge Dart. Scheduled to be introduced Jan. 9 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the new Dodge Dart’s interior sets a new standard for compact cars.

Setting a New Standard – Quality & Spaciousness
Dodge designers focused on creating a modern blend of precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology, exciting bursts of color and hand-sculpted shapes when designing the Dart’s interior, which is made with materials and technology typically found in more expensive vehicle segments. Starting with modern Dodge DNA and through the use of innovative ambient interior lighting, high-quality soft-touch materials and high-tech features, the 2013 Dodge Dart is loaded with cool amenities and unexpected delights for both drivers and passengers.

The Dart’s “driver-centric” layout is designed to put all controls within easy reach of the driver. Customizable displays and comfort-tuned seats are packaged in an exceptionally spacious, pleasing interior. Packaged in the footprint of a compact car, the 2013 Dodge Dart features the interior spaciousness of a mid-sized sedan, and it boasts best-in-class hip and shoulder room.

Unmatched Customization
Customization was key in the all-new Dodge Dart’s development, and with 12 exterior colors, 14 interior color and trim combinations, six wheel options, three engine options and three transmissions, each Dodge Dart can be personalized by every buyer to fit their individual style. And the combinations are multiplied exponentially, as Mopar will also offer hundreds of customization options and themed packages specifically developed for the Dart.

Class-leading Technology
The high-tech centerpiece of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is the class-exclusive floating island bezel, which houses the segment-exclusive available 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) customizable gauge cluster display with light pipe surround that also houses the available class-exclusive UConnect Touch 8.4-inch touchscreen multimedia center -- the largest touch-screen in its class.

Thoughtful storage options throughout fit today’s technology. The glove box easily conceals a stowed iPad; the center console features auxiliary jacks to plug in a wide variety of electronic devices, and thoughtful, inventive storage solutions, such as console map pockets, which are perfect for storing mobile phones, receipts, or pen and paper.

Lighting in all the right places provides drivers and passengers a warm, comfortable cockpit. Available “racetrack” lighting surrounds the floating island bezel. Ambient lighting for the door handles, map pockets, foot wells, glove box, storage bin and illuminated cup holders is both useful and provides a warm atmosphere inside the vehicle.

Unmatched Safety
Safety was also at the forefront in the development of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart. Built on a strong foundation, constructed with 68 percent high-strength steel, engineers added both active and passive safety features, including 10 standard airbags, which is unsurpassed in the segment. The 2013 Dodge Dart is also the only car in its class to offer blind spot monitoring and rear cross path detection.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:44 AM
I like:

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:29 PM
All I got from reading that is that this will be a "compact" car that probably weighs about 3500 lbs....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:16 AM
I like it so far:

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:12 AM
I was liking it better when I didn't kind of see the whole car. I hate when they have hiked up body lines trying to make it appear like something it's not. Oh well can't judge until I see actual pictures.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 3:49 PM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, January 07, 2012 4:03 PM
Fast and Furious NOS system... first thing I thought of lol.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 4:23 PM

Saturday, January 07, 2012 6:32 PM
Looks like the ford fiesta and the fiat 500 were mated

Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:29 AM
Hmmm?
Why bastardize the Dart name when that clearly looks like an updated Neon. I don't hate it, but not really liking much. Neat car that screams "looks faster than it is".

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:04 AM
Only thing I really don't like is the black between the upper & lower grilles, should be color matched to the rest of the car imo.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:34 AM
That's my major gripe as well. Also, it has some nice body lines, but an over all rounded style. Something about it doesn't sit well with me...... it almost looks bloated. And I have to second the "looks faster than it is" look that Dodge seems to be going with.

BUT, With all that said, that interior is awesome. and props on in-seat storage. Don't really see anyone doing that.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:14 AM
im fine with retro and throwbacks and all that....but if youre gonna revive an old nameplate you need to at least make it look like the old car. i see nothing DART in this model and the only comparison is that it fits into the same segment: economy/compact

Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:03 PM
Spike J wrote:Only thing I really don't like is the black between the upper & lower grilles, should be color matched to the rest of the car imo.

i'm looking forward to drving one. the 1.4 turbo is around 170hp in alfa's {but is the same motor as the 500 abarth which can make 190 with the dealer installed esseesse pack}, so the 2.0 will prob stay around 150-160hp and the 2.4? the stock tigershark 2.4 was around 170, with multiair added it might be higher or they could use the turbo'd version from either srt-4 which will be good fun. Either way I think i'll be borrowing one as soon as the dealers get them. I was told march to april but not sure if it will actually be sooner.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:29 PM
DavefromEngland wrote:i'm looking forward to drving one. the 1.4 turbo is around 170hp in alfa's {but is the same motor as the 500 abarth which can make 190 with the dealer installed esseesse pack}, so the 2.0 will prob stay around 150-160hp and the 2.4? the stock tigershark 2.4 was around 170, with multiair added it might be higher.

All those hp numbers are not much better than the Z24, or N/A models of the cobalt. Not exactly excitement numbers. We all may as well be excited about the 2.4 cobalt sport.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, January 09, 2012 6:54 AM
Looks good, in a way reminds me of the Eclipse. I love those seats! There is a million things I could use that for on my daily commute down the eway. Real convenient and it would allow me to keep the stuff I always have on my passenger's seat from rolling of the sides or up the front when I hit the brakes. Why hasn't this been created years ago!

Monday, January 09, 2012 7:24 AM
Jookycola wrote:
DavefromEngland wrote:i'm looking forward to drving one. the 1.4 turbo is around 170hp in alfa's {but is the same motor as the 500 abarth which can make 190 with the dealer installed esseesse pack}, so the 2.0 will prob stay around 150-160hp and the 2.4? the stock tigershark 2.4 was around 170, with multiair added it might be higher.

All those hp numbers are not much better than the Z24, or N/A models of the cobalt. Not exactly excitement numbers. We all may as well be excited about the 2.4 cobalt sport.

only the 1.4 is an alfa unit. and that is a 170hp 1.4! the others are chrysler motors that have been seen before. i'm looking forward to driving one not because of the power but the handling dynamics and in that vein then no, it's nothing like being excited about a cobalt. As long as it retains it's alfaness it will be superb to drive. i've driven cobalts and they didn't exactly leave a lasting impression handling wise but the alfas I have driven have. power is far from the be all and end all. especially when you are from europe and grew up with cars that handled well.

Monday, January 09, 2012 7:27 AM
news from detroit today, will start at $15,995 1.4 and 2.0 will both be 160hp and the 2.4 will be 184hp. they claims 40mpg and class leading interior room and features.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:32 AM
Forgot this.
From Dodge...

Dodge Hits the Bull’s Eye with an All-new Compact Car – The Dodge Dart
The All-new 2013 Dodge Dart Blends Alfa Romeo DNA with Dodge’s Passion for Performance and Style, Resulting in a Groundbreaking Compact Sedan

-All-new 2013 Dodge Dart is the first Chrysler Group vehicle built on Fiat Group architecture
-2013 Dodge Dart breaks new ground with a savvy, modern, unmistakable Dodge design that evokes emotion, efficiency and fluidity of movement and delivers world-class aerodynamics
-Dodge Dart offers five well-equipped trim levels with class-leading safety features and breakthrough technology typically found in more expensive vehicle segments
-Three state-of-the art, fuel-efficient powertrains with available MultiAir® technology power the fun-to-drive 2013 Dodge Dart

January 9, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2013 Dodge Dart redefines performance with Alfa Romeo DNA, fuel-efficient powertrains and Dodge’s passion for performance. The all-new Dodge Dart is a thoroughly modern vehicle that’s fuel-efficient, beautifully designed and crafted, agile and fun-to-drive.

Loaded with innovative technology, class-leading safety features and clever functionality, the 2013 Dodge Dart sets a new standard in the compact car segment by offering unmatched personalization, roominess, style, functionality and fun-to-drive dynamics.

“The all-new Dodge Dart is a groundbreaking car that will surprise and delight customers who want a no-compromise, fun-to-drive car that’s a great value,” said Reid Bigland, President and Chief Executive Officer — Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “With 12 exterior colors, 14 interior color and trim options, three powerful, fuel-efficient engines, three transmission choices, unsurpassed safety features and world-class aerodynamics, the new Dodge Dart sets a new standard for the compact car class.”

The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available in five trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T. It will be built in the United States at Chrysler Group’s Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill. Production of the 2013 Dodge Dart will begin in the second quarter of 2012.

Performance-inspired design

Exterior
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart boasts a timeless, stylish and distinctive exterior design. The car sports an athletic, sculpted, fluid and aesthetically agile appearance. The exterior design of the Dart conveys a level of visual drama and timeless surfaces that add excitement to the competitive compact sedan segment in the United States.

“The Dodge Dart was a dream to design,” said Joe Dehner, Head of Dodge Design — Chrysler Group LLC. “The Alfa Romeo-based architecture allowed us to design an exterior with great proportions that say ‘fun-to-drive’ when you look at it. Add in the Charger-inspired ‘racetrack’ taillamps, a new, sleek crosshair grille and piano black accents, and it all adds up to a performance-inspired design with just the right amount of attitude.”

The Fiat Group-based Compact U.S. Wide (CUS-wide) architecture’s low, wide and long dimensions ensured a stable “body-in, wheels-out” stance and coupe-like silhouette. The CUS-wide platform allowed for accentuating the fender formations and pushing the wheels as far out to the corners as possible, creating a very stable look, which gave Dodge designers incredible opportunities for some very dramatic sculpturing. Designers visually stretched the skin of the car over the vehicle framework as if stretching nylon over a surface.

“When designing the all-new Dodge Dart, we were inspired by classic, beautifully designed vehicles throughout time,” Dehner added. “Each car was beautiful, based on its surface work and presence alone; they didn’t need unnecessary cladding, jewelry or lines that confuse the eye.”

Once the basic design was in place, with dynamic lines and curves from every angle, designers inserted a little Dodge attitude into the mix. The face of the Dart was styled with the unmistakable Dodge split crosshair grille, but with a modern, sleek look that “floats” in the front fascia, giving the Dart a full-width mask that marks it as a Dodge.

The rear view of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart features an available Charger-inspired “racetrack” full-width taillamp with 152 indirect glow LEDs, and class-exclusive dual exhausts mounted in the rear fascia.

The front of the 2013 Dodge Dart has been designed for smooth airflow around, above and below the car without compromising styling or engine cooling requirements. In addition, a lower radiator close-out panel is positioned below the front fascia. This not only contributes to the Dart’s lower front-end appearance, but also reduces drag while still allowing for an 8-inch curb clearance.

Dodge designers made attention to detail and precision craftsmanship a priority, and it is noticeable from every angle. Standard laser-braised roof welds, high-quality metal Daylight Opening (DLO) moldings painted piano black and standard projector headlamps are just a few examples of well-crafted features typically found on much more expensive classes of vehicles.

Tasteful, detailed accents add to the design of the Dodge Dart. Style lines on the hood lead the eye to the floating crosshair grille, while chrome accent spears below the projector headlamps and inboard of available projector fog lamps highlight the attention to detail.

The result is a compact sedan that blends exceptional proportions, “aero-dramatic” surfacing, world-class craftsmanship, modern technology, an exceptionally quiet cabin and an upscale feel in a package that is undeniably a Dodge.

Interior
Dodge designers focused on creating a modern blend of precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology, exciting bursts of color and hand-sculpted shapes when designing the Dart’s interior, which is crafted with materials and technology typically found in more expensive vehicle segments. Starting with modern Dodge DNA and through the use of innovative ambient interior lighting, high-quality soft-touch materials and high-tech features, the 2013 Dodge Dart is loaded with cool amenities and unexpected delights for both drivers and passengers.

The Dart’s “driver-centric” layout is designed to put all controls within easy reach of the driver. Customizable displays and comfort-tuned seats are packaged in an exceptionally spacious, pleasing interior. Packaged in the footprint of a compact car, the 2013 Dodge Dart features the interior spaciousness of a mid-size sedan, and it boasts best-in-class hip and shoulder room.

“The all-new Dodge Dart is the showpiece for Dodge’s next generation philosophy of interior design,” said Klaus Busse, Head of Interior Design — Chrysler Group LLC. “The Dart interior takes the beautiful, precision-crafted interiors we rolled out last year and adds a little bit of fun with surprises of color, eye-catching ambient lighting and some really cool technology.”

Customization was key in the all-new Dodge Dart’s development, and with 12 exterior colors, 14 interior color and trim combinations, seven wheel options, three engine options and three transmissions, each Dodge Dart can be personalized by every buyer to fit their individual style. And the combinations are multiplied exponentially, as Mopar® also will offer more than 150 customization options and themed packages specifically developed for the Dart.

The high-tech centerpiece of the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is the class-exclusive floating island bezel, which houses the segment-exclusive available 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) customizable gauge cluster display with light pipe surround that also houses the available class-exclusive Uconnect® Touch 8.4-inch touchscreen Media Center – the largest touchscreen in its class.

Thoughtful storage options throughout fit today’s technology. The glove box easily conceals a stowed iPad; the center console features auxiliary jacks to plug in a wide variety of electronic devices, and thoughtful, inventive storage solutions, such as center console side pockets, are perfect for storing mobile phones, receipts, or pens and paper.

Lighting in all the right places provides drivers and passengers a warm, comfortable cockpit. Available “racetrack” lighting surrounds the floating island bezel. Ambient lighting for the door handles, map pockets, foot wells, glove box, storage bin and illuminated cup holders is both useful and provides a warm atmosphere inside the vehicle.

Three sophisticated, fuel-efficient and powerful engines
The 2013 Dodge Dart will be powered by three fuel-efficient, powerful, state-of-the-art four-cylinder engines that add to Dart’s fun-to-drive quotient.

Drivers can select from a new 160 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 160 horsepower 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo engine and a new 184 horsepower Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine. These three engines, combined with three transmission choices — six-speed manual, six-speed automatic or six-speed dual dry clutch (DDCT) transmission — redefine performance by providing the most diverse powertrain lineup in its class.

MultiAir technology delivers optimum combustion at any speed under all driving conditions by allowing direct and dynamic control of air intake and combustion. The result is up to a 15 percent increase in low engine rpm torque and a 7.5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency.

Engineered with passion
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart was developed and engineered to exceed expectations for satisfaction, quality and reliability. From the world-class aerodynamic performance, to the agile, responsive driving experience, to items seemingly mundane like segment-leading heating and cooling performance that gives drivers and passengers the right temperatures in the right locations and a whisper-quiet interior, Dodge engineers kept the customer top of mind while developing every detail of the Dart.

“The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart has been engineered with a passion that demonstrates Dodge is back in the compact car segment in a big way,” said Matt Liddane, Vehicle Line Executive — Chrysler Group LLC. “The Dart is well-crafted, agile, powered by world-class, fuel-efficient powertrains, loaded with high-tech features that are both clever and useful, and it’s fun to drive.”

Alfa Romeo DNA
The Dodge brand’s re-entry into the U.S. compact sedan segment is based off of the award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulietta. The Giulietta is renowned for satisfying the most demanding customers in terms of road-holding agility and safety, with exceptional driving dynamics. The Giulietta platform was lengthened and widened, creating a spacious compact sedan that meets the wants and needs of North American consumers.

The proven modular architecture allows multiple models to be built using the same basic underpinnings, resulting in improvements in quality and reliability, as well as reducing cost, development timing and tooling. The body structure of the Dart is comprised of 68 percent high-strength steel – hot stamped, high-strength and ultra-high-strength – resulting in an architecture that is lightweight, modern and solid.

The 2013 Dodge Dart features the proven, lightweight MacPherson strut front suspension, specifically tuned to minimize camber loss, resulting in more responsive steering and handling characteristics, improved ride quality and a reduction in road noise – all qualities drivers will appreciate.

A bi-link independent rear suspension enables European handling capability for those drivers who love to lean into corners and the smooth ride North American drivers covet.

World-class aerodynamics
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart compact sedan was designed and engineered for world-class aerodynamic performance. With more than 600 hours in the wind tunnel during the Dart’s development and using technology typically found on more expensive vehicles, Dodge engineers and designers looked at every aspect from the ground up to optimize the aerodynamic performance of the Dart.

The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is the first Dodge vehicle to use an active grille shutter system. The system automatically stops airflow through the lower intake at highway speeds when less engine cooling is required and aerodynamic drag is most significant. When closed, the shutter system enhances aerodynamic performance by redirecting airflow around the front of the vehicle and down the sides, rather than through it. The active grille shutter system will open or close automatically based upon engine coolant temperature and vehicle speed.

Underbody panels run stem to stern on the Dodge Dart, covering the majority of the lower vehicle from the front fascia to the rear fascia. Constructed of mold-in-color (MIC) black composite, the panels both enhance the aerodynamic performance and also block road noise.

Tire spats located forward of the front and rear tires were engineered to function as mini air dams and were optimized for shape and ground clearance, adding to the underbody efficiency in conjunction with the underbody panels.

In the design and engineering of the 2013 Dodge Dart, no aerodynamic detail was too small. Mirror design, the notch angle at the top of the header of the backlight to the trailing edge of the decklid and even the tail lamp applique shape and rear corners were all designed and engineered for optimal aero performance. An integrated decklid spoiler incorporates a trailing edge shape for cleaner airflow separation in the rear portion of the vehicle, which optimizes the air wake.

Class-leading Safety Features
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart was engineered with 60 safety and security features to ensure driver’s and passengers’ peace of mind when traveling. The Dodge Dart starts with a strong foundation, a body that has a high-strength steel content of 68 percent, one of the highest in the industry, and then adds both active and passive safety features. Driver and passenger safety features include 10 standard airbags, which is unsurpassed in the segment and include: dual-stage adaptive venting front driver and passenger air bags, front-seat-mounted driver and passenger pelvic and thorax air bags, two rear-seat-mounted pelvic air bags, front driver and passenger knee air bags and all-row side-curtain air bags. The Dart also features a reactive head-restraint system; available Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection, three-point safety belts in all five seating positions; front driver and passenger dual seat belt pretensioners at the anchor and retractor positions and active load limiters. These features and more all work to protect passengers in the event of a crash. All three rear seat positions feature Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH).

Additional standard safety features on the 2013 Dodge Dart include:
Four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes with electronic brake force distribution and traction control system on all models
Brake Assist
Brake-lock differential
Ready Alert Braking
Rainy Brake Support
Hydraulic boost compensation
Electronic stability control (four-channel active handling system ESC)
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Hill-start Assist
Trailer-sway Control
ParkView® rear backup camera
ParkSense® rear park assist
State-of-the-art, Segment-exclusive Technology
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart sports segment-leading technology and not-seen-in-the-segment features, enchanting and delighting drivers and passengers alike. Examples include the segment-exclusive floating island bezel, 8.4-inch Uconnect Touch Media Center, 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) customizable instrument cluster display and upscale ambient lighting.

The 2013 Dodge Dart is loaded with technology that improves driver and passenger comfort, as well as the performance of the car.

Customizable for the driver’s own style
The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available in five trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T. Each trim level has a style and value that will appeal to the diverse customer base interested in a compact sedan.

The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart will feature 12 exterior colors: Redline Red Pearl Coat, Header Orange Pearl Coat, Blue Streak Pearl Coat, True Blue Pearl Coat, Winter Chill Pearl Coat, Laguna Blue Clear Coat, Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat, Tungsten Metallic Clear Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Citrus Peel Pearl Coat, Pitch Black Clear Coat and Bright White Clear Coat.

The Dart offers customers the choice of 14 interior color and trim combinations with seven interior color environments in cloth or leather fabric: Black denim, Black/Light Diesel Grey, Black/Light Frost Beige, Black/Ruby Red, Diesel Grey/Citrus Peel, Diesel Grey/Light Diesel Grey and Ceramic White/Light Diesel Grey.

In addition to the exterior color and interior trim options, the 2013 Dodge Dart offers seven wheel options, three engine options and three transmissions, as well as a slew of available exceptional or segment-leading features, including:
World-class aerodynamics
Class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust
Class-exclusive “racetrack” LED taillamps
Class-exclusive choice of either Hyper Black or polished wheels
Class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect Touch Media Center with built-in radio, navigation, iPod control, climate controls, voice-activated blue tooth, SiriusXM Travel Link, weather updates and points of interest
Class-exclusive 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster display that is easily customizable to the driver’s taste. Choices include: digital and analog gauges, navigation turn-by-turn display, eco-meter, fuel economy, audio, phone, compass and temperature read outs
Class-exclusive floating island bezel
Class-exclusive heated steering wheel
Class-exclusive in-seat storage
Available 506-watt sound system
Keyless Enter ’n Go with push-button start
High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
Dual-zone automatic temperature control with humidity sensor
Unsurpassed 10 standard airbags
ParkView® rear backup camera
Blind-spot Monitoring
Rear Cross Path Detection
Best-in-class hip room and shoulder room
The most diverse lineup of gasoline powertrains in the segment – three new engines and three transmissions:
New Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates an estimated 160 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
The technologically advanced Fiat 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo producing an estimated 160 horsepower and an impressive 184 lb.-ft. of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed DDCT transmission
New powerful 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir 2 four-cylinder engine that produces an estimated 184 horsepower with the choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission
Dodge also is giving drivers the opportunity to customize their vehicles, as Mopar will offer more than 150 customization options and themed packages specifically developed for the Dart.

2013 Dodge Dart
The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart will compete in the compact sedan segment, one of the largest segments in the automotive industry. The Dart is well-crafted and built with the features, technology and style today’s compact car customers desire, positioning the Dart as a groundbreaking new car.

Dodge expects the Dart to appeal to a wide ranging group of new car buyers, from millenials to empty nesters. The millennial customer is a young professional most likely purchasing their first new car. They desire a car that is truly an expression of themselves, a car they can personalize and call their own. The millennial customer is connected with their friends, enjoys having a great time and is never without their phone. They grew up with technology and they indulge in the latest high-tech features.

The empty-nester customer is in the process of redefining their lifestyle, and they have more time for themselves than in their recent past. This customer typically knows what they like and purchases things and participates in activities that make them happy. The empty-nester appreciates what they have, leads an active lifestyle and is always up for a challenge. This customer knows a little bit about a lot of things and is interested in not only the way things work, but why. The empty-nester appreciates a good value, but doesn’t want to sacrifice the level of quality and amenities they have worked hard to attain.

The all-new Dodge Dart has been engineered with great levels of refinement, craftsmanship and engaging driving dynamics. Consumers can get more information at www.Dodge.com/Dart.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:39 AM
From Dodge...

Mopar® to Offer More Than 150 Accessories and Performance Parts for All-new 2013 Dodge DartMost Offered in Compact-car Segment:

Industry-first wireless charging
Industry-first Wi-Fi
Industry-first Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS)
Complete list of accessories at www.mopar.com

Auburn Hills, Mich. - When the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart arrives in showrooms later this year, consumers will have a full menu of more than 150 Mopar® accessories and performance parts from which to choose.

“By itself, our new Dodge Dart will stand out in the compact-car crowd,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “But for those who want even more customization and personalization, Mopar is offering more than 150 quality-tested accessories and performance parts.”

Following is a select list of Mopar accessories and performance parts for the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart:

Performance Styled Hood: Carbon fiber scooped hood, designed to give the vehicle an aggressive and sporty appearance.

Performance Braking Upgrade: Upgraded calipers, rotors and performance pads provide increased braking power.

Unique Grille: Chrome aluminum, replaces production grille below the bumper to provide a unique appearance.

Grille Cross-hatch Insert: Carbon fiber-style finish, attaches to Dodge cross hatch over grille area, perfect for enhancing the “tuner” image.

18-inch Wheels: Unique Mopar design, polished spokes and black-painted pockets.

Rear-air Diffuser: Matte Black, attaches to rear fascia to provide a unique look to the rear of the vehicle. Designed to coordinate with Chin Spoiler.

Front Fascia Appliqué: Chrome-plated appliqué slides over front/center bumper area to provide a bright front-end appearance.

Front Chin Spoiler: Matte Black, attaches to front fascia to give more aggressive look to the front end.

Side Sills: Matte Black, attaches to side rocker panels to provide a sportier appearance. Designed to coordinate with Front Chin Spoiler and Rear-air Diffuser to provide a unique appearance.

Rear Deck Lid Spoiler: Matte Black, attaches to rear deck lid for a sporty appearance.

Chrome Fuel Door: Made of chrome aluminum, replaces production fuel door. Coordinates with Chrome Mirror Covers and stainless steel B-pillar appliqué.

Chrome Mirror Cover: Chrome-plated, replaces production mirror cover.

B-Pillar Appliqué: Polished stainless steel, attaches to b-pillar area to enhance appearance.

Pedal Kit: Bright finish, attaches to gas and brake pedals to enhance driver’s foot well appearance.

Industry-first Wireless Charging: With a higher demand on power from phones and other battery-powered devices, this new wireless charging system allows driver to set electronic devices in a specified charging zone and charge without wires. This is accomplished by creating a virtually invisible charging zone in the vehicle instrument panel or center stack. Energy is then transferred from the charging pad to the device battery, utilizing a compatible device-specific case.

Industry-first Wi-Fi: Allows owners to utilize electronic devices as far as 150 feet from the vehicle. Each passenger may separately access the Web on the go. In-vehicle router receives 3G broadband Internet, allowing access to social media, maps, e-mail, online games, music and more. Works with Wi-Fi enabled device. Subscription required and sold separately.

Industry-first Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): Mopar’s system is powered by Guidepoint Systems, the leader in GPS-enabled stolen-vehicle recovery systems. Unlike other vehicle-tracking systems, the Mopar EVTS offers nationwide tracking without a subscription.

Mopar-First Features
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:

Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:37 AM
Here's the stuff I like about it...

But that's about it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:06 AM
And my concern on things like that phone app: cost. You know damn well Dodge will make it a $10 download and a $15/month usage charge.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:32 AM
Who knew Dodge/Chrysler had to lose itself and become an import car maker to become successful? BTW, Dodge is not domestic car company at anymore, the only thing American about it now is it's headquarters are in Michigan. Everything they do they must answer to Fiat.

Not that this is a bad thing, but shows how piss poor and stale domestic automakers have become. in the same amount of time as GM recovered from bankruptcy Chrysler's brands under foreign control have improved their quality 10 fold, built more exciting products, and done it much quicker than GM....who still can't remember to put brake pads on their cars, or build garbage death trap hybrids.

Honestly why would anyone want to buy and drive the painfully slow, recall prone/unreliable, uninspired Cruze over this car with 180hp, expressive design, brilliant interior, and far superior handling?

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:21 PM
From Dodge...

2013 Dodge Dart
PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
NOTE: The information shown is preliminary and based on data available at the time of publication. All dimensions are in inches (millimeters) unless otherwise noted. All dimensions are measured at curb weight with standard wheels and tires unless otherwise noted.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Body Style
Four-door sedan
Assembly Plant
Belvidere Assembly Plant, Belvidere, Ill.
EPA Vehicle Class
Compact car

ENGINE: 2.0-LITER DOHC 16-VALVE INLINE FOUR-CYLINDER TIGERSHARK
Availability
Standard — SE, SXT, Rallye and Limited
Type and Description
Inline four-cylinder, dual overhead cam variable-valve timing 16-valves with multiport fuel injection
Power (SAE net — estimated)
160 bhp (119 kW) @ 6,400 rpm
Torque (SAE net — estimated)
145 lb.-ft. (200 N•m) @ 4,800 rpm
Engine Assembly Plant
GEMA Engine Plant, Dundee, Mich.

ENGINE: 1.4-LITER SOHC 16-VALVE TURBOCHARGED INTERCOOLED MULTIAIR® INLINE FOUR-CYLINDER
Availability
Optional — SE, SXT, Rallye and Limited models
Type and Description
Inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled
160 bhp (119 kW) @ 5,500 rpm
184 lb.-ft. (250 N•m) @ 2,550-4,000 rpm
Engine Assembly Plant

ENGINE: 2.4-LITER DOHC 16-VALVE MULTIAIR® 2 INLINE FOUR-CYLINDER TIGERSHARK
Availability
Standard — R/T
Type and Description
Inline four-cylinder, 16-valve MultiAir® with multiport fuel injection
184 bhp (138 kW) @ 6,250 rpm
171 lb.-ft. (200 N•m) @ 4,800 rpm
Engine Assembly Plant
DRIVETRAIN
Front-wheel Drive
Availability
Standard with all engines

2013 DODGE DART | SPECIFICATIONS 2
DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
Wheelbase 106.4 (2703)
Overall Length 183.9 (4672)
Overall Width 72.0 (1830)
Overall Height 57.7 (1465)
Track, Front 61.7 (1568)
Track, Rear 61.6 (1565)
Fuel Tank Capacity, gal. (L) 15.8 (60.0)
CURB WEIGHT, LBS. (KG)
2.0L I-4 Engine (MTX) 3173 (1439)
1.4L I-4 Engine (MTX) 3211 (1455)
2.4L I-4 Engine (MTX) 3297 (1495)

ACCOMMODATIONS
Seating Capacity - F/R 2/3
EPA Total Interior Passenger Volume,
cu. ft. (cu. m.)
97.2 (2.75)
Front
Head Room w/o sunroof 38.6 (980)
Head Room w/sunroof 37.4 (950)
Legroom 42.2 (1071)
Shoulder Room 58.2 (1477)
Hip Room 54.8 (1393)
EPA Front Row Interior Volume,
cu. ft. (cu. m.)
54.8 (1.55)
Rear
Head Room w/o sunroof 37.0 (940)
Head Room w/sunroof 35.4 (900)
Legroom 35.3 (896)
Shoulder Room 56.1 (1425)
Hip Room 52.6 (1337)
Knee Clearance 1.1 (28.5)
EPA Second Row Interior Volume,
cu. ft. (cu. m.)
42.4 (1.20)
SAE Luggage Compartment
Volume, cu. ft. (cu. m.)
13.1 (0.37)

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:13 PM
wayyyy tooooooo heavy.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search