SUV people......choices...choices....choices - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: SUV people......choices...choices....choices
Friday, January 13, 2012 11:24 AM
I love narrow minded ass hole things like "first of all: buy American". Ugh, you know other countries make nice vehicles right? Get you redneck head out of ur ass lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, January 13, 2012 2:46 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I love narrow minded ass hole things like "first of all: buy American". Ugh, you know other countries make nice vehicles right? Get you redneck head out of ur ass lol.

Lol you're truly an idiot. I'm a 20 year old Computer Security Major that lives an hour away from Manhattan; hardly what I'd call a redneck. Way to stereotype, though. I'm sorry that I like American vehicles, you know they make nice vehicles that are cheaper and are just as good of a quality as more expensive imports right? You're right though, supporting companies based in my own country, supplying jobs to American Citizens should be frowned upon though. Shame on me.

Friday, January 13, 2012 4:37 PM
Chevy is less American in that sense these days than Honda.... so the one point u tried to make is moot. Its still very narrow minded and overly proud to say you MUST buy American. I just don't see the point in limiting your options like that. And I beg to differ on the quality being equal and price being lower.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, January 13, 2012 5:34 PM
Alcolawl wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I love narrow minded ass hole things like "first of all: buy American". Ugh, you know other countries make nice vehicles right? Get you redneck head out of ur ass lol.

Lol you're truly an idiot. I'm a 20 year old Computer Security Major that lives an hour away from Manhattan; hardly what I'd call a redneck. Way to stereotype, though. I'm sorry that I like American vehicles, you know they make nice vehicles that are cheaper and are just as good of a quality as more expensive imports right? You're right though, supporting companies based in my own country, supplying jobs to American Citizens should be frowned upon though. Shame on me.

Outside of ford there is no real American company. Dodge is fiat and gm is international labor union. I live less than a hr from NYC too but my head is not up my behind.

The Subaru outback is also a good call. Built in Indiana for those who care. 29 mpg listed but I know people getting mid 30s.

Friday, January 13, 2012 10:11 PM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:
The Subaru outback is also a good call. Built in Indiana for those who care. 29 mpg listed but I know people getting mid 30s.

Hmm, I haven't heard much about the newer Outbacks. Had a friend that owned an older Legacy and was pretty solid until what he thought was "piston slap" was actually rod knock and I found him on the side of the road with a blown motor. He hasn't bought another one since. Eitherway, Subarus are actually pretty nice, not a bad call imo.

Friday, January 13, 2012 10:43 PM
The main reason I didn't suggest the Forester is because the guy previously replied to someone that he didn't want a "small SUV". Otherwise Forester, and surprisingly from what I hear, the Hyundai Santa Fe is another nice option. Hearing great reviews on that thing.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:25 AM
The Santa Fe that I tried before buying the Outlander was a pretty nice ride! 285 hp V6, comfy interior, lots of room. The only downside about it was a liquid feeling steering and and way too soft susprension. Other than that I was about to sign the papers on the Santa Fe when the Mitsu dealer salesman called me to accept my previous offer.
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:17 PM
sorry for taking sooo long to get back. i was in an accident so ive been out of it for awhile.

I think i have decided on a Grand Cherokee. Im trying for a Limited model w/ the Hemi. (i know i said good gas, but after test driving one.....i changed my mind)

4Runners are nice too, but they all have way more miles(than the others) to be in the price range im looking at,

And deff no Chevy (ive had my share, 3 all problematic)

After looking up more info on the Nitro and Journey, those are deff out.

So if something along the lines of the Jeep is out there that im missing, please share
Thursday, February 02, 2012 5:50 AM
I agree, def a good choice on the Jeep.

As for the Nitro and Journey I just can't imagine people even looking at them. lol
Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:56 AM
Wrangler. You can't beat the versatility! If I get a warm day, my top comes off and so do the doors! I usually ride doorless and topless from March thru October here in NC. I'm averaging 17mpg but on trips I can get around 21mpg.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 4:33 PM
Awesome Jeep sir!!!

Good thing to see it's used the way it should and not a driveway queen.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:01 PM
Seriously, we need more diesel options in this country. End rant.

Go jeep and be happy. Jeeps are awesome.

Monday, February 06, 2012 5:17 PM
FJ Cruiser...

flickr No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:34 PM
buy yourself a nice low mileage, well equipped 96-99 chevy tahoe or gmc yukon for less than $10,000 and put the rest in the bank for bills, gas, mods, strippers, whatever.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search