Sentra Progress thread - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sentra Progress thread
Monday, January 09, 2012 10:49 AM
Well I guess Ill start a new thread, because the wing is completed. Well I mocked up a cardboard sideskirt for the rough mold.. Did the typical lay the tin foil and sprayed with pam and laid my first layer of glass on half of it thus far. Gotta go grab somemore resin so finish the basic start of the driver side skirt. This is the closest example I could find to resemble what Im setting out to accomplish

Here is where Im at currently

Im headed down to supply store to grab more resin. Ill post more progress pics tonite

Re: Sentra Progress thread
Monday, January 09, 2012 2:24 PM

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:19 AM
Sideskirt is starting to take shape. Just reinforcing it today. Then Im going to add the vent sides and backing.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:12 AM

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:10 PM
cool beans, wondering how it will turn out.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:55 PM
Here are some updates bro

Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:04 PM
Props on doing the fab work but I do have to say if you lay the materials down cleaner it will cut down your time spent working on this project.

http://nwgme.org
Friday, January 20, 2012 5:52 AM
Thanks man! Today I am going to board sand the skirt throughout. Now that it is built up and reinforced throughout the fun part begins!

Friday, January 20, 2012 6:44 PM
Interesting. I'll be watching and waiting for them to take shape.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:16 PM

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:24 PM

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:30 PM
Well did some shaping today until my brand new dremel bit the dust.. I high end one too. Ohwell, I still made progress after that minor setback anyway. Trimmed the top after after laying the layer of glass yesterday to now its flush with the top edge of the rocker panel. Now I have to add a little more figerglass mat to the rear vent area on the front edge to flow into the bottom of the vent and then a couple low spots were the red marks are. After that the glassing should be done and im will soon be able to get the mold of the driver side complete!

Monday, January 23, 2012 9:08 AM
This morning I laid the Kitty hair over the entire front fasia. Letting it cure and then back to the shop to board sand it
1-23 Update

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:55 PM

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:15 PM
Interested to see how this comes together.. keep it up man

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:11 PM
Thanks bro! Tomorrow first thing Im headed to the shop to add another layer and even out the high and low spots..

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:23 PM
Definitely like how you molded into and utilized the mud flap/wheel well extension.
How'd the rear spoiler project work out?

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:38 PM
Nevermind.. just read the rest of that thread lol..

That lip looks pretty badass. Keep adding to this thread man.. doing great work!

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:47 PM
Thanks bro! I truley appreciate that man! Today was a very productive day and im happy with the outcome! Tomorrow after my eye appointment, If I can see after that diolate my pupils lmao im headed right back down to the shop! To me this is where things get exciting..

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:32 AM
Just been leveling out the skirt the last couple of days. I dont want to take any pics until I make more progress.. Ugh im so tire of board sanding

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:42 PM
1-25 Update

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:19 PM
you know they also sell a cheese grater looking thing that will make shaping a cake walk. lol you are definitely putting alot of work.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:26 PM
Oh yeah I have one of those aswell. I have been using 36 grit before the filler is fulled dried it sands of like butter! I made more progress after I took those pics too which im happy about! Tomorrow the driver side mold should be set or close to it. Then I can apply the mold release wax and then gelcoat it

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:29 AM
only thing I don't like is how long the design is and how hard the angles are, id round them all off and make it shorter.. (whatever you'd call the design on the side skirt the long indent piece)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search