my new DD. - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my new DD.
Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:35 PM
Funny this thread came back...as just last week I bumped into a guy with a 03 Vue with the CVT, It's got over 200k, same engine and trans. He did mention that he changed the trans fluid every 35k, so that may he helped too..That, and there is a teal 04 with the honda engine rolling around here with 300k with much of the older stuff still on there.

So I guess there is a few decent ones out there!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg

Monday, July 02, 2012 4:33 PM
The 04 didn't have a CT25 it had a Jatco unit.

I see these transmissions daily, i know them quite well, and I know how weak they are, especially in the Vue. To the point where my boss flat out bought an 07 Vue simply for R&D to see if our reman'ed units can be built better to alleviate the issues they have. Yes, there are always people who beat the odds, especially if they service their stuff and drive them nicely. There are mid 90's Dodge trucks with 2 or 3 hundred K on the original trans, tell me they don't have a high failure rate..... I love the 1 or 2 "I know a guy" stories combating me simply giving the guy advice to be easy on the trans. I wasn't saying it was a horrible purchase, I was saying to be nice to the vehicle because there are KNOWN issues.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 02, 2012 6:10 PM
02_redbadged wrote:Going back to my original comment. I'll give them this. It did kick ass in the snow.

Agreed, as soon as the AWD clutch bull@!#$ set-up kicks in, it just does not get stuck. I've tried a few times already as these are the worst winters this thing has seen since we bought it years back.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:The 04 didn't have a CT25 it had a Jatco unit.

I see these transmissions daily, i know them quite well, and I know how weak they are, especially in the Vue. To the point where my boss flat out bought an 07 Vue simply for R&D to see if our reman'ed units can be built better to alleviate the issues they have. Yes, there are always people who beat the odds, especially if they service their stuff and drive them nicely. There are mid 90's Dodge trucks with 2 or 3 hundred K on the original trans, tell me they don't have a high failure rate..... I love the 1 or 2 "I know a guy" stories combating me simply giving the guy advice to be easy on the trans. I wasn't saying it was a horrible purchase, I was saying to be nice to the vehicle because there are KNOWN issues.

Completely understandable, thus, sorry for my earlier angry seeming retorts. Not used to you having constructive criticism. I do not know you, and I was a tad quick to judge on what I've read in the past, though you were very helpful in my paintball thread, which I should go and update it a bit.

I need a new sig.
Monday, July 02, 2012 6:23 PM
No problems at all here, man. I can be a total ass hole. Everyone and their mother will tell you that. But it doesn't mean I can't be helpful

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search