Small SUV? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Small SUV?
Saturday, October 20, 2012 4:34 AM
I can't believe there are 3 recommendations for one of the ugliest things GM has ever made (equinox). If he's unsure of suv's/crossovers, that's the worst thing to use to convince him lol. I second the legacy or forester ideas. Awe is nice, subies are reliable, and look better than most of the bigger crossovers out there.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:32 PM
SLOCAV wrote:I have thrown the idea around of a Vibe, I like them.
Don't know much about them though...like common issues, easy to work on, etc.

My best advice would be to do some reading on GenVibe.com. I'm not too famliar with the 1st gen (2003-2008) Vibes, so I can't offer much specific help as far as they're concerned, but I do know that so far no one has reported any major issues with the 2nd gens (2009-2010). Only routine maintenance and they are quite a few owners who have 100,000+ miles on their 2009-2010 Vibes already.

Dave Z wrote:Agreed. I really like the later Vibes...

Me too !

Joe Schulte wrote:You're gonna stick her in a Vibe you should really buy my wagon, plus it's delta-based

Every woman needs a Vibe !

Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:59 PM
What about the MazdaSpeed 3?

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:10 PM
Another vote for Subaru. The Outback or Forester would be your best bet for a small SUV. I could go on & on about how wonderful they are, I'm in love. Both of my Subarus were built in Indiana. The gas mileage is good, the AWD is beyond capable & they have a proven track record of lasting a very long time. If you can work on a car, then working on a Subaru isn't an issue at all of domestic vs. foreign. My husband has had no issues working on them & he's got a strong background of working on GM, mainly Pontiac. Just beware of the ratchet backing out to the frame rail when changing spark plugs lol

Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:13 AM
vibenvy wrote:It's considered a Hatchback or Wagon, but how about a Pontiac Vibe? Very reliable... there are members on GenVibe.com that have 200,000, 300,000, even one guy with 400,000+ miles on his 2004 with little to no major issues.

I really like the vibe/matrix. It is funny you mention the high mileage vibes, since their odometer stops counting at 299,999 (what was toyota thinking?). I did read the 400,000 mile vibe thread recently. They get good mpg for a small wagon.

I have seen the new body style equinox for under $15k occasionally. It probably won't be awd for that price, but a fwd 4cylinder is rated at 32mpg hwy.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:57 PM
Rob wrote:I really like the vibe/matrix. It is funny you mention the high mileage vibes, since their odometer stops counting at 299,999 (what was toyota thinking?). I did read the 400,000 mile vibe thread recently. They get good mpg for a small wagon

Yep, it will be interesting to see if the odometers on the 2009-2010 Vibes also stop at 299,999...

The guy who started the 400,000 mile thread was nearing 500,000 miles at his last posting which was a while ago, so he's probably well over 500,000 by now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search