Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000??? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:14 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Paddle "shifters" and a cvt?? Hahahaha wow OK......

Wait what?

They do that to simulate a shift. Not actual shifting obviously since there are no gears

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:15 PM
Legacy for a sedan, Forester for a small SUV. With a kid, I'd go with the Forester.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:23 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Rosario wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Yhea, that happens to all back seats when you put the front seat all the way back until it can't go no more. Cars either you have the room upfront for a Shaq size person and under 6 yrs old in the back, or you have the room for a 6'4'' up front and up to 5'11'' in the rear.
Put the seat like for a normal person up front in that Cruze, say... for a 6 footer, and the rear has plenty is roomy for a 5'10'' person.

yeah and i get that (like i said a few post above).

HOWEVER, i posted the pic of the daewoo aveo to show the difference. the aveo is a compact car whereas the cruze a "midsize" and even with both seats all the way back the aveo has more room. in my book that sucks cawk.

How far the seats go back determines nothing...

For example, the cruz was designed to fit large occupants and can handle a 6'6 driver. How you ask? The Seats go back an extra couple of inches.

Also the Cruz is a Compact, not a midsize,,,

lol it sells as a family accessible vehicle. so the back seat is useless to most people, i guess oh well since it can fit the un-average 7 foot person up front, eh?

and according to hertz where i work the cruze is a midsize. its priced and sells as a mid size at any car rental car place you go. at least from what ive seen anyway...

Not only does Hertz classify the Cruze as a Mid-Size, but the EPA as well.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=31370 <<<< look under "Specs."

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:11 PM
Well you may be right. Chevy has always said it was a compact car.

Zyahhh I don't know how to put this any other way. Its not that im saying its a trade off. My point is its designed to fit bigger people (I am 6'4 and know plenty of friends who travel alot who are my height or close to it)

That doesn't mean there isn't any back seat space. You cant take a car with seats that go back farther than other cars and say oh look theres no room back there. Well No @!#$, the seats extend 2in farther back.

I;ve tested a ton of cars in this category for my commuter, the Cruz is plenty roomy (2 adults up front and one in the back, all males, all 200-240 pounds.) It is plenty comfy. I would also consider a few cars that Darkstars listed as Im liking the new VW's and would love to get a diesel.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:30 PM
Well back in march I bought a new 2011 civic lx s sedan.First new ride in 24yrs and it is roomy even for me 6'2 do not have rear seat pics I think.Anyway mine out the door was just a touch over 21 litterally .Great car and dealers probably will move the 11s out cheap now.Good luck on your choice.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:30 AM
Rosario wrote:Well you may be right. Chevy has always said it was a compact car.

Zyahhh I don't know how to put this any other way. Its not that im saying its a trade off. My point is its designed to fit bigger people (I am 6'4 and know plenty of friends who travel alot who are my height or close to it)

That doesn't mean there isn't any back seat space. You cant take a car with seats that go back farther than other cars and say oh look theres no room back there. Well No @!#$, the seats extend 2in farther back.

I;ve tested a ton of cars in this category for my commuter, the Cruz is plenty roomy (2 adults up front and one in the back, all males, all 200-240 pounds.) It is plenty comfy. I would also consider a few cars that Darkstars listed as Im liking the new VW's and would love to get a diesel.

lol man i get you but again, the aveo is an actual compact for sure and i drive them every day with the seat back all the way (im 6 ft) and i have plenty of room. i just posted comparison pics to show that the aveo has more room in the back which is where a family midsize sedan REALLY needs it wheras the actual larger car in the cruze has less. hell even my compact beretta coupe has more room for the kids in the back seat then this thing!

ill just put it this way, when 4 ppl are in the car of average size its uncomfortable for everybody. the back seat has more room when u move the front seats up, sure but then the driver and passenger have to sacrifice comfort to do so. the aveo has a better ratio of comfort in this department which is pathetic considering its billed as the smaller car.

ive driven both cars on a daily basis for awhile now, the cruze is by far one of the most uncomfortable cars we have in the back seat for ANYBODY, regardless of if you move the seats forward enough to actually manuever ur legs around anyway. we avoid using it at all costs to transport with LOL.

i will tell you one thing though, that car handles like a frickin DREAM. i LOVE LOVE LOVE that about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:34 AM

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:25 AM
I would look into subaru, I got my base model impreza (still power locks and windows, keyless entry, all that stuff) out the door for $18,200. Plenty of options can be thrown in to make it to your liking and hit under your number. Also legacies and forresters can be had for that price. I lugged myself and some friends around in that car and noone ever complained about no room. It was a peppy little car with a 5 speed and the awd is best in the industry (at least for anything close to the price).

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:29 AM
for the 22k range a 2012 imprexa can be had with a ton of options and get very good economy for texas roads. awd and 36 mpg. and as to the paddle shifters on teh cvt. you have to try it in the legacy or outback, it feels more like a normal slapshift auto than the normal geared ones do. very amusing.
otherwise the new kia's are very well made cars for the money

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:44 AM
You can't really buy anything anymore for $22k brand new. Could always try a Scion XB if your wanting a sedan with some room. They start at around $18k i think

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:19 AM
I hate to oppose what you guys think looks like a lot of rear seat room on paper, but the Cruze just doesn't have much. My mother is 5'3" and with the drivers seat adjusted to where she can comfortably drive, I couldn't sit comfortably behind her, I am 5'10". Without me being smashed up against the wheel, In couldn't cart my friends around comfortably, and they were of various heights and sizes. This is real world experience, not specs on paper. Once the front passengers are adjusted and comfortable, there is little to no leg room left in the back.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:37 AM
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:You can't really buy anything anymore for $22k brand new.

6 out of 12 new VW models start at $22,840 or less. Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, Golf, Bettle, and Sportwagen and the GTI starts at 23,695. You can get base model Jetta for $16,495. An SE model with the 2.5L 170hp with sunroof, bluetooth, touch screen premium sound system, sunroof ect... still comes in under $22K. Hell you can get a TDI diesel Jetta for $22,500.

That's a lot of choices and that's just VW. There are a ton of options at 22K

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:43 AM
Darkstars wrote:
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:Hell you can get a TDI diesel Jetta for $22,500.

there's your choice. low maintence plus 300k+ miles on a $22k car sounds like a winner to me. Those also hold their resale value REALLY well.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:35 AM
I notice this thread is a bit old but it's very interesting so I decided to add my post in here. Owning a car is not easy especially if you still don't have the money that's why most of us choose to apply for car loans. When I went to get a car loan for my brand new vehicle, I felt secure knowing the website I used had a 256 bit encryption. That meant none of my personal data was going to be spread on the internet. I love my brand new car, and I was glad to have the site that helped me. When have you wanted additional info about a new or pre-owned motor vehicle and turned to an internet search on autoloans.

“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” - Bill Copeland
Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:39 AM
Chloe Smith wrote:I notice this thread is a bit old but it's very interesting so I decided to add my post in here. Owning a car is not easy especially if you still don't have the money that's why most of us choose to apply for car loans. When I went to get a car loan for my brand new vehicle, I felt secure knowing the website I used had a 256 bit encryption. That meant none of my personal data was going to be spread on the internet. I love my brand new car, and I was glad to have the site that helped me. When have you wanted additional info about a new or pre-owned motor vehicle and turned to an internet search on autoloans.

Bitch, whatdafuk are you talking about.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:04 PM
Chloe Smith wrote:I notice this thread is a bit old but it's very interesting so I decided to add my post in here. Owning a car is not easy especially if you still don't have the money that's why most of us choose to apply for car loans. When I went to get a car loan for my brand new vehicle, I felt secure knowing the website I used had a 256 bit encryption. That meant none of my personal data was going to be spread on the internet. I love my brand new car, and I was glad to have the site that helped me. When have you wanted additional info about a new or pre-owned motor vehicle and turned to an internet search on autoloans.
I saw this last nite and my thoughts is SPAM but in a less robot way.Trying to push a site and just dumb as #$&*((#@

Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:30 PM
Dont quote the spammers.

But Im with the buying a one or two year old car with low miles thing. My dad got a 2011 Accord EX-L wih 15k miles for $12k less than a new one. The factory warranty is still intact and its really hard to screw a car up in 15k miles.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:20 AM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Dont quote the spammers.

and what if I do?

Monday, December 24, 2012 4:49 PM
J03Y wrote:

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 24, 2012 5:09 PM
my brother has a cruze and if you sit in your car like a normal person not laying in the back like your a gangster cruising the streets to bust a cap in someone a$$
it suits a family, would i put a pair of adults back there not for a long haul, not really, but i wouldn't put them in the 3rd row of my acadia either. but a family with small children it could work just fine.

i totally recommend put the carseat in the car when test driving kid or no kid

he bought an 07 mazda 3 and put the car seat in and worked creat but then we had our daughter and rearfaced cars seats din't fit so well the mazda seats had to be all the way forward and and your knees if you were over 5'10 would be touching the aig bag

just remember cars do break and comes a time when one needs to buy parts, so a kia may seem cheap and a viable option but parts may be expensive or imported and could take time. gm, ford, chrysler, toyota, honda all have good stock in north america others not as much from what i have seen

stay away form the new escape, its following in the foot steps the focus did in the 90s when it was released

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search