Detailed My NEW Truck - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Detailed My NEW Truck
Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:45 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Just you its the shadows. if you look where the sun is thats whats causing that effect.

lol. Thought it had to be me cuz i am not usually not the first to point out miss-aligned body parts.
my best mans truck did great off roading (better then my 91 4x4) even in 6 inches of snow. He couldnt get that thing stuck. And trust me... he tried.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:21 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:315/335 is more than enough for what I need to pull with and not have to sacrifice mileage.

if you were to get the Toyota, dont plan on towing with it unless its under warranty for trans replacement. That trans was designed for mileage not for loads.

I don't tow anything anyway and I'm sure it could handle whatever i did need to tow anyway. If not it would have a warrenty since it's brand new lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:09 PM
01cavZ24 wrote:I am on the fence about the fender liners. I kinda like showing off my rust haha. The previous owner bought the truck in the salty states and gave the truck its rusty character...at least on the frame and axle lol. I may eventually get the liners... if I ever get around to doing corrosion control. I really wanna get a 4' lift but $$$ is not easy to come by so its level and rims and tires for me. But even at stock height, I have seen these trucks go thru some good size mud ditches and not get stuck

the fender liners really clean the truck up a lot. Especially with some adam's under carriage stufff on it. Makes it look amazing... It just rained for like an hour and was only a 20% chance of rain but its beaded like a mofo!

Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:50 AM
I am gonna have to look at this Adam's stuff you speak of
Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:07 AM
It can get pricey depending how deep into detailing you go. I went with a starter setup and am about $400 into it. With another $150 I would like to spend to be where I need to be for washing/drying. Im covered on wash supplies. I need to buy some more focused cleaners/protectant.... I need some in and out spray, some quick sealer. eventually I want a flex or a pc.

Their Super VRT is some of the best tire shine I have ever used. Works amazing on grainy black plastics. makes it shine without slinging. Their microfibers are where its at. dont scratch like the store bought ones do. I need more of those, some waterless towels also.
I still have my invoice of the starter kit I put together if you get interested enough and are able to spend that much on supplies. the way I look at it now, I have enough soap to last me a year... including winter. Its only a gallon jug. You literally have to use 1 oz of shampoo is all for the one wash bucket and clean water for the second bucket. Along with that I have used up my all purpose cleaner... need to order a gallon of that. But you can see what it does to the tires. My fine hand polish will last me the year and then some. My brilliant glaze will last a year and more. Waterless wash will be used most and need a gallon of that. The waterless wash will actually be used more than the spray detail. Spray detail only gets used during clay bar and drying or if stubborn waxes or polishes wont come off. Ill probably need more SVRT before the year ends.

Before you start adding stuff to your cart you can actually do a live chat with them during business hours and they can help get you started. They can also add and remove things from orders. I had them remove the $50 nozzle because I bought a foam gun on my own that worked with the nozzle it had. They can add and remove and assist in putting it all together. Nothing less than pleased with them for sure.

Monday, May 14, 2012 1:41 AM
Holy crap, that's steep lol. I am still working on rims, tires and exhaust. Will be headed to a store Monday to look at LED lighting too. I think I will wait on that stuff until I get the truck where I want it mods wise lol
Monday, May 21, 2012 9:44 AM
congratz on the new truck it looks really nice in black all detailed up!!!! i just bought myself the same truck just a year older but it was still brand new inside the dealer show room. does yours have the 5.3 w/ 6spd? if so hows the gas mileage and hows the ride for dailying driving? thanks and congratz again have fun with it!

Monday, May 21, 2012 1:59 PM
yes its the 5.3 w/ 6 spd. 3.42 rear. Im getting 24highway and 18 in town... Just all depends on my driving! I love the thing. Mirror caps and paitned handles are on and I love them!!! changes the look a lot.

Monday, May 21, 2012 3:32 PM
My dad has a 04 base reg cab with the 5.3. I raced my friends new 3.5L altima coupe auto. From a dead stop to about 70mph he stayed at the rear wheel of the truck. We did not think the chevy would beat it.
Monday, May 21, 2012 4:38 PM
No way could I have ever went with a regular cab.i did that for too long in my s10 and just couldnt take it anymore. always ran out of room. Always had crap next to me on my seat. Just way too much of an inconvenience. The extended cab works well for me because I dont haul a ton of people. When kids come if its what im still driving then it will still be easy to get kids in and out. I also didnt want to either get a shorter bed for the crew cab or get the long bed and have a 100 foot long truck. This was the perfect balance for me to haul people and thinks and not have an insanely long truck.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:22 PM
hey had a 2001 Z71 LS extended cab short bed. he traded it in for a grand prix. He wanted a truck again with a plow since our driveway is 800ft long. so he got the 2004 from a chevy dealer that already had a plow on it. the 2001 was loaded with everything. The 2004 is the bare bone. rubber floor crank windows crappy seats lol. but its got a plow and step on the gas and it hauls lol.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:51 PM
I didn't show off mine but here is an album with pics of it. The mods that I have in the album are lighting (HID, Switchbacks) But I did swap out my stereo and put in an intake on it as well.
http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/rr32/clarks2001/silverado/
Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:47 PM
^nice truck man. how hard was it to swap out the front bowtie? i cant stand the huge gold ones and wanna switch them for the black one like you got...

Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:43 AM
Took about 10 min at most. Can definitely say its the quickest mod to the front end I have done and it makes the truck look way better. Did the switchbacks last tuesday and HID's a year ago. Next up is my reverse lights. Going with the Cree 5w ones.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:41 PM
Done a few things in the year and a half I have owned it I guess.
Went with 35% tint on the fronts and window banner.

Debadged the whole truck.

Black front bow tie
Just got the rear under seat storage bin
Did the Airaid MIT tube today

About 25k miles on it with absolutely zero issues what so ever. I still love the truck too!
Probably going to add a bug/rock deflector, as well as the running boards and leveling kit still. Not a whole lot I really need or want to do to it. Still getting 23-24mpg highway, and 18ish in town. Now that its winter that went down obviously, but not by a ton!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:34 PM
Any plans to level it? So cheap and does wonders IMO.

Had a hard time passing on a '13, they were practically giving them away when the 14's came in. Kind of kicking myself, I believe 3 co-worker's jumped on the deal and purchased one.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:53 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Any plans to level it? So cheap and does wonders IMO.

Had a hard time passing on a '13, they were practically giving them away when the 14's came in. Kind of kicking myself, I believe 3 co-worker's jumped on the deal and purchased one.

I leveled my 08 when I had it the first month or so! Totally changes the look of the truck. Asked for the 2" Rough Country lift kits for Christmas but didn't happen yet. I might snag it myself for the $65 it cost. But still not sure if I want the 2" or the 2.5". Double the price, not sure how much that truly changes the look with the stock wheels/tires I plan to keep for a while. Id like to get the running boards as well since I would be going higher and throwing more rocks and make it easier to get into. Ill probably wait and do both at the same time.

As of late I have been towing a decent amount so the truck sits level while I haul. I don't really have a need or want to throw a bigger tire on it since I am getting decent mileage with the stockers... if I ever change wheels it will be a street wheel and tire instead of an offroad huge swamper though!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:46 PM
Good deal! I went back and forth on pics before posting, makes sense you did the last one!

Totally changes, I'd take a little tow sag for the everyday look of leveling. I noticed you removed the front lower valance, and typically that looks best when leveled!

Very nice!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:01 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Good deal! I went back and forth on pics before posting, makes sense you did the last one!

Totally changes, I'd take a little tow sag for the everyday look of leveling. I noticed you removed the front lower valance, and typically that looks best when leveled!

Very nice!

You make way too good of a point in bold....way too good of a point...

08 w/ 2" leveling kit

12 w/o.... damn this picture shows how bad it needs it... SOB....

Tow sag

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:07 PM

Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:37 PM
Biggest downside? Being constantly high-beamed while towing @ night. Lol.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:38 PM
and ive wanted HID's so that wouldn't help... But my headlights are scatter beamed as it is... Not worth blinding someone else.

That Airaid MIT tube I put on sounds sweet!

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:24 PM
get any MPG's with the new intake?

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:27 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:get any MPG's with the new intake?

well 2 things... it sounds cooler than stock so to hear it you have to put your foot into it... Not to mention its colder out so mpg's are skewed from remote start so i can't be 100% accurate. Once it warms up I will be able to track it much easier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search