hummer H4 replacing the trailblazer? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hummer H4 replacing the trailblazer?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:44 AM
in my opinion I dont agree I personally like the trailblazer beings that I jusr purchased a 07 TB LT.. I found this from the trailvoy forums..

http://www.leftlanenews.com/hummer-h4-to-replace-chevy-trailblazer.html

duscuss?

**changes are here**

Re: hummer H4 replacing the trailblazer?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:55 AM
Quote:

duscuss?

Spell check, anyone?

Anyway, to be more on point, I don't think it's too bad an idea. Hummer happens to be one of the best name brands for GM, at least from what I can tell around here. They're everywhere. So from a pure business standpoint, it would make more sense to come out with something that will sell better.

-John

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:58 AM
sorry was in a hurry.......

**changes are here**

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:59 AM
Global Insight analyst Rebecca Lindland says the new Hummer would arrive in 2009 and be built on a smaller verison of the H3 chassis.

smaller? the H3 chassis is based off the colorado/canyon and its a shorter chasis than them

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:11 AM
I think that from what they are saying it looks like it is going to be more of a closer to the midsize SUV/Truck with this chassis. I think it is as said before a very good move for GM. I would pin it up to the HUGE Jeep movement of the early 40s... My brother in-law wants a HUMMER when he gets back from IRAQ... I don't know I think it will be good for GM... plus with the big crossover movement... it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring another model out... The GM crossovers out now I don't care for personally... The Vibe is nice in some ways.. but it is a Toyota car with GM metal... They need another GM crossover... I see what you are saying Geeds... I just kinda see where they are coming from...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:27 AM
Classic GM thinking. "Hey, we've got something here that people like. Let's dilute the hell out of it and piss away all of the unique qualities that the brand has!". Why on earth would one automotive manufacturer need three mainstream truck brands. Hell, having both GMC and Chevrolet trucks is redundant enough (not counting any bastardized Saab/Buick/Oldsmobile variants), let alone if they're trying to sell a Hummer to the same soccer mom buying an Envoy.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:30 AM
ZlineDavid wrote:Classic GM thinking. "Hey, we've got something here that people like. Let's dilute the hell out of it and piss away all of the unique qualities that the brand has!". Why on earth would one automotive manufacturer need three mainstream truck brands. Hell, having both GMC and Chevrolet trucks is redundant enough (not counting any bastardized Saab/Buick/Oldsmobile variants), let alone if they're trying to sell a Hummer to the same soccer mom buying an Envoy.

dont forget isuzu

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:34 AM
People still give a crap about Isuzu?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:49 AM
What will this have...an I3?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:56 PM
Ok the only companies from GM that makes standard size trucks is GMC and Chevrolet. Isuzu has industrial trucks as well as chevy and GM.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.767@109.93
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:08 PM
H4?
Whats that going to be based of off the Cobalt platform?

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:26 PM
They should keep the trailblazer... i want a SS trailblazer. Once i get back to the US, i plan on looking for a "new to me" SS. If they replace it with the H4, it better be nice as hell plus have an SS option
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:36 PM
Trailblazer SS Owns all! That suv is just amazing, especially for the price.

dan

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:05 PM
Jonathan Pike wrote:H4?

Aveo...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:10 PM
Jonathan Pike wrote:H4?

Hey, it is halfway there with a solid axle.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:02 AM
Sappy96 wrote:Ok the only companies from GM that makes standard size trucks is GMC and Chevrolet. Isuzu has industrial trucks as well as chevy and GM.

Geedsie was talking about the Isuzu Hombre/Chevy Colorado setup.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:50 AM
ZlineDavid wrote:
Sappy96 wrote:Ok the only companies from GM that makes standard size trucks is GMC and Chevrolet. Isuzu has industrial trucks as well as chevy and GM.

Geedsie was talking about the Isuzu Hombre/Chevy Colorado setup.

actually they dropped the hombre name for I-280/I-350 for 05-06 and then 07-up I-290/I-370 they also have a isuzu version of the trailblazer/envoy

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:54 AM
Why not just call them the "Izuzu Interstate"?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:02 AM
^^LOL^^
on the real note, We were going to get the SS trailblazer but the insurene was twice as much as the regular one, and beings that we now have a family the entertainment system comes in handy and all the other goodies. The chevrolet/GMC line up has always carried this type of SUV, from the regular blazer to this. And along with Geeds's answer, the Izusu;'s SUV (trialblazer) is so much less than a TB or a Envoy which I don't understand. but ohh well I'm loyal to the brand.

**changes are here**

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:31 AM
they should call it the H5. I already deemed the wrangler 4-door as the H4

Friday, March 30, 2007 12:27 AM
i dont think the H4 replaces the TB the H3 does. we are running prototype H3 V8 trannys now at work.

see ya!

Friday, March 30, 2007 2:58 AM
dubduce18s wrote:Trailblazer SS Owns all! That suv is just amazing, especially for the price.

dan

the supercharger soccar mom mobile will never...NEVER own a typhoon

i dont care if stock for stock its faster, trailblazers are a disgrace to the name blazer...but i guess in todays market nobody wants a rugged suv

Friday, March 30, 2007 9:17 PM
Well you all know my opinion about the SS... but this thread isnt about the ss its about the H4, any photos leaked yet of what it might possibly look like?

Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:19 AM
Personally I don't think this news is to legit, but hey anything could happen. H4 was rumored to be Jeep Wrangler like model. Trialblazer was supposed to be replaced with a Lambda-based crossover, which looks like it is going to be named Nomad-- Grr.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:44 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Personally I don't think this news is to legit, but hey anything could happen. H4 was rumored to be Jeep Wrangler like model. Trialblazer was supposed to be replaced with a Lambda-based crossover, which looks like it is going to be named Nomad-- Grr.

NO!!!

I will hate GM if they call it Nomad.

This would be worse, than when Ford put the Cougar badge on the last model.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search