Grand prix/ALMS race St Pete FL - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grand prix/ALMS race St Pete FL
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:58 PM
This weekend is the IRL race on the streets of St Pete, and they are supposed to have a Corvette "Corral" which will be pretty cool. I love Corvettes, so I am excited to see that part. There is also supposed to be drifting demonstration, dont have a clue what kinda of cars will be involved. They usually have a Honda "showroom" with a bunch of Honda products (cars to ATV's). I'm not a huge IRL fan, I prefer Champ Car, but at least ALMS cars will be there. I kinda of hope to catch a glimpse of a Audi R8. Has anyone seen the Audi R8 up close??

Re: Grand prix/ALMS race St Pete FL
Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:45 AM
All that just to see if we've seen an A8 close up?!

well, my answer is no.

But, as for the race, I plan on going one day this weekend, if nothing else then at least for a few hours. Do you know if you HAVE to have a grandstand general admission ticket to meander around the track? I have no desire to sit and watch the race, I just want to get some action photos, and maybe catch a glimpse of Danika Patrick IRL.

The Honda car is on display at the Mahaffee Theater. Drifting demonstrations are going on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning..

Here's the GPSTPETE site for more info, including course, admission, schedule of events, etc. etc. etc.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search