My "New" truck - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My "New" truck
Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:03 AM
Its a 1992 Chevy Silverado short bed reg. cab. Its got 130,XXX miles on it. Brand new tires, new radiator, starter, alternator, came with CD player pioneer door speakers, 2 10"subs and amp. Its a 305TBI and has a great magnaflow dual exhaust setup on it. Sounds nice but its a true dual setup I think i'm gonna ad an x pipe.

Here is a quick camera phone picture. I need something to drive when the integra goes under the knife. Its gonna be down from a while for major repairs. I actually bought this truck from my ex-wifes boyfriend lmao what ever its a great truck I've known him for a while and been wanting it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:30 AM

Re: My
Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:04 AM
WTF happen to my title? Can a mod fix this for me? Was suppose to say My "New" truck

Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:13 AM
^^^^ I think everybody will understand anyway.

As for the truck it looks good!! Lucky you guys in U.S have almost free gas (2$ a gallon).

Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:27 AM
It finally went down, but I drive the integra around town and the truck to work and back and when I need to haul stuff. Work is 3 miles one way lol. Plus I have yet to fill it up. My roommate got rid of his truck for a 350z and is always borrowing it to haul something. When he does he brings it back with a full tank, lol.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:31 AM
Nice snag, depending on what you paid of course lol. But just FYI here, a dual exhaust with an X or H pipe is still a "true" dual exhaust. Having it go straight from the header to tailpipe with no crossover pipe does not make it any more a dual exhaust, but you are a very smart man for wanting to change that out.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:39 AM
Nice.... This ones mine. pussy v6

Saturday, November 01, 2008 12:10 PM
^ we can tell.......looks like it's hauling a tampon

Saturday, November 01, 2008 4:02 PM
[quote=¤FactoryPhreak¤]^^^^ I think everybody will understand anyway.

As for the truck it looks good!! Lucky you guys in U.S have almost free gas (2$ a gallon).

We have been raped for some time on the price of gas, it took the market to crash back to pre 2001 levels to get the price back down.

Nice find on the truck BTW
Saturday, November 01, 2008 6:35 PM
ConvertibleZ wrote:
We have been raped for some time on the price of gas

Not compared to the rest of the world......

Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:52 PM
KG wrote:
ConvertibleZ wrote:
We have been raped for some time on the price of gas

Not compared to the rest of the world......

QFT

Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:31 AM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:WTF happen to my title? Can a mod fix this for me? Was suppose to say My "New" truck

A bug I never really looked into, but should have, since it was an easy fix. If you put quotes in the subject line, then previewed, in certain browsers everything after the quotes got cut off.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:41 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Nice snag, depending on what you paid of course lol. But just FYI here, a dual exhaust with an X or H pipe is still a "true" dual exhaust. Having it go straight from the header to tailpipe with no crossover pipe does not make it any more a dual exhaust, but you are a very smart man for wanting to change that out.

I paid 1,000 for it. Yea, I know with an X pipe or H pipe its still a true dual. What I meant by true was its two pipes all they way back to two mufflers instead of running a Y pipe or something like a lot will. I know its still a true dual setup. X pipe or H pipe usually gives it a better sound though is the reason wanting to change it.

Stephen wrote:Nice.... This ones mine. pussy v6

Nice truck also Stephen. Hows the V6 do? Mines a 305 but I've already put it to work and it did fine.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:17 PM
Yeah having straight pipe all the way to the mufflers has got to sound like @!#$ lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:54 PM
Suprisingly it sounds pretty good still. I can only imagine how it would sound with a good x-pipe though.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 5:55 PM
Stephen wrote:Nice.... This ones mine. pussy v6

It's hard to find an older truck like that around here that is not rusted out..

An buddy of mine got lucky and picked up a 95 Chevy (like yours but green) with 127k for 1400 bucks....and it is in good shape......

Sunday, November 02, 2008 9:08 PM
Congrats. You have now joined the ranks of redneck NW Florida Rabbit. Looks clean.

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:59 AM
Haha thanks kab00m, my girlfriend told me now I can take my dog with me. Said she was gonna buy me a big belt buckle. Everyone tells me I don't look like the truck kinda guy but for 1,000 dollars for a clean truck that runs great you can't pass that up.

P.S. You guys have any meets or anything in your neck of the woods? Haven't been able to meet up with anyone to talk cars here in FL. Couple guys I work with are in the same boat maybe if you had a few friends up there I could grab couple guys here and we could get something together. PM me if you want.

Friday, November 07, 2008 12:27 PM
Only thing i pulled with it so far was the suburban when i bought it. It weighs about 5400 pounds though.

Btw i got my truck for $1 but i did not run. I had to put about 1200 in in to get it running.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search