Out of the Nitro, into a Maxima - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Out of the Nitro, into a Maxima
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:00 AM
Working at a dealership definitely has its perks. Got rid of my nitro and picked up a brand new 2012 Maxima, got a deal I couldn't refuse. Got the sport package (Same suspension as the 370z) and the monitor package that has the 7" color screen without nav, 80gb hard drive to store songs. Black with black leather, 19s, paddle shifters, heated seats and steering wheel. I absolutely love it, it's quick, rides like a caddy and handles like a dream. Windows are getting tinted today, might do wheels and an intake and call it day, we will see, we all know how that goes. Feels great being in a "big boy" ride, and it's a 4 door sports car so you get great ride quality and still a blast to drive. Definitely a great step up from the Nitro.

Re: Out of the Nitro, into a Maxima
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:27 AM
GREAT RIDE!!! If you wanna add navigation and an Internet Browser with a WiFi dongle let me know. You can also add a Radar Detector and or a Radar/LAser Jammer to our Prodigy One kit.

It uses your factory screen. We have the 2009 3.5SV here. Pearl white, tan leather, dual sunroofs, color screen, back-up cam, factory BT and our add-on navigation kit to the factory screen w/Laser Jammer/Radar Detector.

I work for Intraphex, formerly Directus Navigation, the Nissan/Infiniti kit is our best seller.

Here is our 09. We have the 370Z Rays Engineering Forged 19s, lowered in Eibach coils. Tint is 40% bronze on all windows. Windshield too. I love this car.

Lemme know if you want info on the add- on nav. I can probably get it to you a lot less than retail.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:13 PM
Wow what a beautiful ride man! Cant go wrong with Nissan

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:40 AM
Those Z wheels look great on there. I'll probably look for some new wheels this winter/spring to put on for next year. That nav setup seems like it is integrated real well, probably something I will look into when I get a little cash together as well. Took a couple hour road trip up to the lake this weekend and absolutely love the ride. I got the windows tinted yesterday made it look even better. There are some paint flaws from birds going it but those are getting fixed on friday and it is getting a full detail, may have to do a photoshoot with it this weekend.

We have a 2013 Altima we put some 20's on that look awesome, just not sure how they would look on the Max.

They are actually matte black, looks a little lighter in the pic because of the HDR.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:10 AM
Definitely vert nice cars.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:11 PM
I like the looks of those cars. Girlfriends dad just bought one and it's super comfy inside too... Just hilarious when they do cute little "durrrrr" stuff to make people feel special like paddle shifters......on an automatic.......CVT..... lol. Shift through those gears that aren't there buddy! lol

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:44 PM
the rims on the HDR pic look like M3 CSL reps or sport wheels

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:22 PM
Definite upgrade from a Nitro. Looks clean and sophisticated, unlike Japanese sedans of yesteryear that are all so cookie cutter and bland.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, September 07, 2012 6:15 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I like the looks of those cars. Girlfriends dad just bought one and it's super comfy inside too... Just hilarious when they do cute little "durrrrr" stuff to make people feel special like paddle shifters......on an automatic.......CVT..... lol. Shift through those gears that aren't there buddy! lol

I lol every time I drive one at my dealer. And how can it be the same exact suspension as a 370 if thats RWD and you have FWD? I've never heard that, but I do know it's a more sports oriented suspension
Friday, September 07, 2012 9:18 AM
James,

You do not work at Dukes anymore?

Friday, September 07, 2012 10:49 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I like the looks of those cars. Girlfriends dad just bought one and it's super comfy inside too... Just hilarious when they do cute little "durrrrr" stuff to make people feel special like paddle shifters......on an automatic.......CVT..... lol. Shift through those gears that aren't there buddy! lol

I was just looking into the cvt stuff the other day and i started laughing when i seen the paddle shifters.lol

I love those 350 wheels..but i think the 5 spoke wheels would look awesome on there...still a awesome car i would love to have 1

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:56 AM
jason norwood wrote:James,

You do not work at Dukes anymore?

Nope, I work for a company called INTRAPHEX, formerly DIRECTUS Navigation. 2010 SEMA awards winners for Mobile electronics. My boss/Owner/Partner of the company use to be the Garage Manager at Duke's, that's how I got the job.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:28 AM
they are definetly sweet, my wife looked at em this past weekend and we got one yesterday, almost a copy of yours 2012 maxima sv with the sports package, base radio. its pretty sweet, and hella deal too with alll the rebates almost 9 grand in rebates. And its a bg step up from her xb lol.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:54 AM
Yeah it is a bad car, pretty good aftermarket for them. I have been looking at intakes lately, may pull the trigger on one. Also a lot of guys have done a 2 degree timing advance and have had pretty god results with no ill effects, so I may talk to one of our techs and have him do that for me, we'll see.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search