Megasquirt Tuning - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Megasquirt Tuning
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:44 PM
PoundinFire
That should help out many who want to install MS as a true stand alone.

This dis hookup up is basically the same for v6 engines(2.8,3.1)
Just last weekend I installed a MegaSquirt on my friends turbo sunbird ,using msns'extra code its controlling fuel and ignition timing.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:17 PM
I'm hitting the yards this weekend to see what goodies I can find for this. I won't be doing it anytime soon though, maybe over xmas break if I can find a garage. Yea, no more garage for ole excidium..

Any reason you guys can think of why this would cause the stock system to flip out? I need to pass electronic obd2 inspection..

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:35 PM
Oh I almost forgot.. Here are some of DjClueless' FREE fuel maps.. with full permission of course

FYI, these were run on the ECOTEC with 550cc injectors. Good on HIS setup for 14 psi.

These maps are for a REQUIRED FUEL (REQ_FUEL) of 6.6. So once you load them, you'll have to 'scale VE table' and use 6.6 for the current req fuel, and whatever you're running now for the new req fuel. This is under the 'Tools' heading.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for ANYTHING these maps do to your car. That is all.

Good luck with these you lazy mfers.

Basemap
http://home.nycap.rr.com/xenox/jbody/dj_basemap_6.6req.vex

Latest tune(not his ultra latest, but the best you're gonna get fooz )
http://home.nycap.rr.com/xenox/jbody/dj_latest_6.6req.vex

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:01 PM
that load range goes in place of the KPA right.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:04 PM
These are vex files. You can import them directly into megatune. No copying/pasting, just download the file and import it.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:16 PM
Quote:

Any reason you guys can think of why this would cause the stock system to flip out? I need to pass electronic obd2 inspection..

The pcm might get mad when it sees no crank sensor signal.Will you be leaving the stock computer in place ?,

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:16 PM
and it will only work with V3 of megasquirt, and/or MSnS with 12x12 tuning tables. not the MS v2.2 with 8x8 tables.

and be careful Jcavi if your going to try to use that, it could be WAY different on your car than DJ's

Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:11 PM
Robbie c wrote:
Quote:

The pcm might get mad when it sees no crank sensor signal.Will you be leaving the stock computer in place ?,

Yes I'm leaving stock computer in place and functional in case my MS takes a dump or if I have to pass inspection...

As far as the crank sensor, it will probably throw a code or two or ten, I'll have to look up the exact info when I get a chance.. I'm so bogged down this week its like I can't even think.. thanks.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:45 PM
PoundinFire, when you were running gmdis on yours what did you use as a tach source? did you leave the stock crank trigger hooked up and share it with the pcm or did you get a source from the new module? i am wondering if this setup will create a problem of using a 2X tach source. if the pcm and the obdI module can share the crank trigger its all fine and good otherwise the stock pcm not getting the signal will result in no correct tach source from pin #10. If im missing a bigger picture please someone fill me in

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:55 PM
I swear either tomorrow or some time in the next week I will devote some time to this and scan all the relevant schematics (shh), that we might figure out any consequences of any configuration changes this swap might cause, etc. Right now I'm studying for my calc 3 exam, so the fun stuff has to wait...

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:57 PM
Im not even gonna try its on such way different parameters. but about the comment of it being a 8x8 dosent the MSNS convert the megatune to 12x12 I couldbe wrong havent loaded it yet.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:59 PM
Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:12 PM
i may have time this weekend. im just going to source a obdI ignition module and a pair of coils from the same, i assume one from a 95 or older 2.2 car should do the job, any sugestions? anything i can do to add yet another code to the list is just good fun for me

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:36 AM
any pre 95 obd1 GM car (chev, pont, saturn, olds, ect) 4cyl will have the right ICM. Just remember to get one that has 3 plugs on it, one with 2 wires, one with 2 wires and a shield wire and one with 5 or 6 wires (often one of the wires is left out as it is not used on the 4 cyl)

Friday, November 11, 2005 10:00 AM
Alright, today I had the MS2 communicating with my laptop for a little while, but then it said something about different versions, and now it won't communicate. Help me get this crap working!

O noes!
Friday, November 11, 2005 10:22 AM
Excidium wrote:Right now I'm studying for my calc 3 exam, so the fun stuff has to wait...

Oh c'mon, calc 3 is a breeze after calc 2...although, if you're going to be taking statics/dynamics/solids in the future, you want to have it down pat

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Friday, November 11, 2005 12:44 PM
Excidium wrote:^ yes it does.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/index.html

Im learning

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:06 PM
can someone tell me how the MS turns up fuel pressure?

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:34 PM
MS doesn't do anything to fuel pressure, but if you have the proper electric fuel pressure sender, it can compensate the injector PW for fueling i believe. minimum you could use it to display fuel pressure.

Friday, November 11, 2005 2:11 PM
Quote:

Oh c'mon, calc 3 is a breeze after calc 2...

Lol, true... but not if you haven't done a single homework since the last exam.. I also tend to have a "problem" going to every class as well.. I was sick for an entire week too so that didn't help..

Friday, November 11, 2005 9:26 PM
that was one of my bigger Q's what is the Megasquirt to differeantiyate for fuel changes between the Fuel preesure and Injector PW.

So it only works wit injectors I guess that mean That I should think about keeping my FMU. at least If I plan on geeting into high boost does any one know when Im goona need more tan stock pressure..

Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:20 AM
all you need is a fpr that will rise at a rate of 1:1 if you have properly sized injectors. i think the factory fpr will do just that, not 100% tho.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:42 PM
yeah Its not on my list of things to give me a headache

Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:48 PM
if your pump can keep up with the injectors you have chosen the stock fpr should be fine. i plan to test the limits of the stock pump shortly. i will be sure to share my findings bucket test !

Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:22 PM
what are numbers are you runnig

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search