Starting or lack of..... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Starting or lack of.....
Monday, December 28, 2009 1:33 PM
I would GREATLY appreciate if someone could log there car starting using HPTuners. Specifically a 2.4 LD9. I want to compare my log to someones that will start. Does someone want to look at my HPTuner file of my "stock" flash. Stock.....well that is what it "should" be. To see if something somehow is messed up....

Any help would be wonderful.

I can GLADLY email my files to whom ever wants to see them.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Re: Starting or lack of.....
Monday, December 28, 2009 4:30 PM
there's a few stock tunes in the repository if you wanted to compare some of the parameters. i'm reading that you think something is messed up and causing your car not to start. did you reflash it recently? maybe there was a connection loss part way through or something. i don't have a 2.4 so can't scan.

Monday, December 28, 2009 4:38 PM
To make a VERY long story short. I got a new PCM, and my car will not start. I'm borrowing HPTuners from a buddy. I do not have access to the repository.....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, December 28, 2009 5:18 PM
you should be able to download here, i put a ile on sendspace for you. take a looksee at it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5orwp

Monday, December 28, 2009 5:52 PM
email me your file. JMHZ2497@comcast.net I will see if I can get a log of my car tomorrow starting.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 28, 2009 6:49 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:To make a VERY long story short. I got a new PCM, and my car will not start. I'm borrowing HPTuners from a buddy. I do not have access to the repository.....

Sounds like a VATS/Passkey relearn issue...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:57 AM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:To make a VERY long story short. I got a new PCM, and my car will not start. I'm borrowing HPTuners from a buddy. I do not have access to the repository.....

Sounds like a VATS/Passkey relearn issue...

Exactly what I was thinking - the R-code might not be read in the time window allotted to enable start. I think you may have to keep the key in the run position for 10-30 minutes sort of like trying to learn a new ign switch cylinder.

see "AutoLearn" steps at this page.

http://www.bobstractorpartscorner.com/passlockrepair.htm

or here: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1mkqh-if-i-replace-an-etire-steering-column-on-a-99-suburban-does
Friday, January 01, 2010 4:46 PM
Not a Expert per Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:email me your file. JMHZ2497@comcast.net I will see if I can get a log of my car tomorrow starting.
Will do tonight
i agree i think it is the vats.
I have tried the relean many times. My theft light never flashes at all....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, January 01, 2010 7:37 PM
I have a log of my car starting for you. Will send it when I get your file. So is the car turning over and never cranking? If so that is not theft lock. Have you flash the new ECU to your file?

FU Tuning

Friday, January 01, 2010 9:04 PM
The car cranks for days, but never fires.....
You have email....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:43 AM
Ohh i hope we get good news on the car getting started!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Saturday, January 02, 2010 11:57 AM
Nothing yet....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:34 PM
I got your email and sent you a log of my car as well.

As I put in my email to you. Do you know if the injectors are firing? Pull the rail out of the head and see if they are firing. I do not think they are. You are not getting theft lock, or the car would crank and then shut off.

Looked at your tune and VATS is disabled. My question is have you tried with VATS enabled?

We had a very similar problem after a Ecotec swap into a 2001 car. When I switched the ignition switch from the donor car into the 01 it fired and then went into theft lock. Did a relearn and all was good.

I'm wondering if the new ECU is not being seen buy the other components.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:45 PM
I have tried vats enabled under the etc codes what should they be stock.... I'm wondering if they are keeping the vats from starting.

I'll try the injectors tomorrow probably. I'll look at the files when I get home. Thanks for the help.

Posted from iPhone.....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, January 02, 2010 3:21 PM
Vats should be enabled stock. I would enable VATS then do a relearn and see what happens. If that does nothing then see if injectors are firing (which I'm sure they are not).

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:46 PM
damn still havent got this figured out

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Monday, January 04, 2010 3:58 AM
I'll be testing Tuesday after work. We have FEET of snow......
Jeffie, nope not yet.
I'll turn on all the Vats, and reflash.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, January 08, 2010 5:27 AM
Been working. I'll be at the cav this weekend!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, January 11, 2010 3:43 AM
so the injectors are NOT firing.....John any idea.
VATS is still not working either.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, January 11, 2010 8:09 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:so the injectors are NOT firing.....John any idea.
VATS is still not working either.

I know you have done alot trying to get the car to run. What things have your replace? Ignition switch maybe? I know you got another ECU. Have you stripped the car for any reason?

FU Tuning

Monday, January 11, 2010 9:36 AM
Items replaced below so far.....

Fuel side

Racetronix Fuel pump & harness
Fuel filter
Steel Gas Tank
FPR
Fuel Rail
Stock Injectors

Spark Side
ICM
Plugs
Boots
Contact springs from coils to IDI housing
New Black IDI housing
Both coils

Electrical
MAP sensor and map vacuum hose
Ignition Switch
Crank Sensor
ECU
Throttle Position Sensor
IAT Sensor
Driver door Switch on order

What I have checked....
Compression, 198-204-162-201...compression has been like this for about two-three years now. Only smokes if I beat on it.
Rings on three have been bad for a LONG time....known issue
Timing....dead balls on, chain tight
Gas was drained and replaced...

I'm sure I forgot something...I'll add when I remember.

All fuses and relays have been check under hood and inside with an ohm meter AND a test light.

I did test the car with the drivers door switch bypassed. Car has never been stripped.

When ever the car does run it should run great.

Thanks for the help.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 11, 2010 9:40 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE

Monday, January 11, 2010 11:35 AM
Do you have the prginal ignition switch?

FU Tuning

Monday, January 11, 2010 11:38 AM
Hmm injectors not firing, are the clips fully plugged in to them(im sure you checked)

Is the fuel pump hooked up correctly as far as the relay kit? Maybe the fuel isnt getting to the rail because of the pump. i HIGHLY doubt your metal tank with the Racetronix has anything to do with it.

Man, just throwing out ideas.....

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, January 11, 2010 11:52 AM
I assume the fuel pump is kicking on. I have had this problem happen when doing Ecotec swaps. Car turns over, but not injectors firing. It has been the ignition switch. It is not being seen by ECU.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 11, 2010 12:41 PM
Too Whiney wrote:Do you have the orginal ignition switch?

yes, it is back in again right now, and the new one is sitting on my passenger seat. I have tried the old one and new one many times.
WHITECAVY wrote:Hmm injectors not firing, are the clips fully plugged in to them(im sure you checked)
Is the fuel pump hooked up correctly as far as the relay kit? Maybe the fuel isnt getting to the rail because of the pump. i HIGHLY doubt your metal tank with the Racetronix has anything to do with it.
Man, just throwing out ideas.....

Yes, they are pushed in, but I'll check again. If I take the return line off the rail it will SHOOT gas out of the opening. I had a bad o-ring where the FPR meets the Return fuel line and sprayed gas all over the alternator. Fun times.
Too Whiney wrote:I assume the fuel pump is kicking on. I have had this problem happen when doing Ecotec swaps. Car turns over, but not injectors firing. It has been the ignition switch. It is not being seen by ECU.
The fuel pump is kicking on. I can also get it to kick on if I tell it to turn on inside HPTuners.

Side note wrote:
PASSlock
Also referred to as the Vehicle Theft Deterrent (VTD) system, PASSlock is designed to prevent vehicle theft by disabling the fuel injectors unless the lock cylinder is engaged by the correct mechanical key. The theft deterrent system uses four components for theft prevention:

- the lock cylinder
- the ignition switch
- the instrument cluster (IPC, 96-99 models) or body control module (BCM, 00-05 models)
- the powertrain control module (PCM)

When starting the engine, the PCM waits for the fuel password from the IPC/BCM. If the password is not recognized or not present, the PCM disables the fuel injectors. The vehicle will either start and then quickly stall, or fail to start entirely. If one of the four components listed above is replaced, then the PASSlock system must be reprogrammed.

There are several versions of PASSlock; J-cars use PASSlock-1 which uses three wires compared to PASSlock-2 which uses 2.

Could my cluster be the whole problem? It is working, but sometimes my odometer and trip flicker till I smack the dash......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 11, 2010 12:51 PM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search