MEGASQUIRT.........who's got it????? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MEGASQUIRT.........who's got it?????
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:24 AM
Well the question is, who all has the megasquirt ecu in there 2.3L or 2.4L's???? I spoke to a friend of mine that has an audi quattro 5000turbo that swears by the MS. I've personally seen what it can do; if tuned properly and it was very user friendly. But I'd like to see how many guys out there that are using the MegaS in there turbo or supercharged setups and what they went throught to get things working.............AND one more question, where arbouts did you guys get your Megasquirts from????? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Time to get it going again.....

Re: MEGASQUIRT.........who's got it?????
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:51 AM
Plenty of us are running the megasquirt! As far as my experience with it, you should be able to find my initial posts about it from a couple years ago, as well as a multitude of posts about the MS as it has evolved from a simple fuel controller to an almost complete fuel/ignition controller. We have the technical information to make it work ignition wise, we're just waiting for someone with OBD1 *wink wink* to hook it up and test it, or someone to retrofit their OBD2 car with the necessary OBD1 ignition parts and test it that way. You should find a great deal of relevent information searching the boost forum. There really is WAY too much information to keep posting it all, but you're old school and should have no probs finding it. Good luck man.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:16 PM
always....trust....the schoker.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:26 PM
Old School?????.......Sheeeeiiitt, j/k. I never knew that there wasn't any obd I guys running it. Well, I'll prolly be buying the MS II V3.0, reason being that it has the low imp. driver already, and that it has the MSnS-E upgrade already built in and a whole lot of other goodies. SHOCKER ROCKS........YAYYYAAAA!!!!!!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:32 PM
lol, I just meant that you've been around a while.. not to be considered newb..

The older MS versions support low impedance injectors as well!

Keep us updated for sheez.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:38 PM
so do I still have to run my ecu with the megasquirt or is it a total standalone
Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:21 PM
Jeff, depending what MS unit you have determines if its fuel control, or both fuel and timing control. But most likely, its probably both so it would be standalone. But ya, for 250.00, MS II ver3.0 is pretty damn cheap. That price is for the DIY put together, and I've got a guy thats already put many together and he said he'd help me out.
Excidium......... ......... Thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:46 PM
i wanna get rid of the ecu all toghter will this do that?
Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:14 PM
Like I said earlier, it depends what unit you have. I'm not trying to be adick or nothing but, it can be a complete ecu replacement, or it could be a fuel control unit. Thats what you have to determine.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:45 PM
it can't be a OMG I TOOK OUT MY OLD ECU FOR THIS!1!

cause the stock ecu still needs to control stuff like ABS, A/C...etc
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:06 PM
Excidium wrote: We have the technical information to make it work ignition wise, we're just waiting for someone with OBD1 *wink wink* to hook it up and test it, or someone to retrofit their OBD2 car with the necessary OBD1 ignition parts and test it that way.

Been there, done that, it works. Nuff said (i think).

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:18 AM
^ I wasn't aware anyone actually hookered it up and got it running. I knew it would work, theres just something to be said of having someone actually out there using it on our platform.

Diesell, the older version 2.2 (which I have) can run MSnS extra as well and therefore can use the ignition support through the OBD1 retrofit. Theres a post about it thats pretty recent.

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:35 AM
Ya, it works quite well. There is a lot of new info at :MSnS-e site
. From what I understande it works with the MS 2 as well, you just have to find a way to enable bypass mode while cranking.

I have disabled running spark at the moment as I have to finish my knock sensor interface before I start tuning.

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:22 PM
so this is a n00b question on this.......the ms-II, can it work with my car?

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Friday, December 16, 2005 1:13 PM
lets just say people have them working on seadoo's
Friday, December 16, 2005 5:22 PM
I'm wondering, does anybody have any experience with the wideband option on the MS? I guess the MS can actually "self adjust itself if the Wideband o2 is hooked up. Is this true???????

Friday, December 16, 2005 7:28 PM
No experience with it ,but
it will adjust to what ever you have on your fuel map.
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/afrmap.html

Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:13 AM
Diesell: Check out the website bro. It's all there. I know its a massive jungle of informaiton but I assure you if you're really interested, the information is all there.

As to your question, theres a table of wideband AFR targets. You fill in the correct voltage/afr at whatever rpm and map you want, and the MS will correct the mixture to that voltage/afr.Very simple.

Elvis Collado wrote:lets just say people have them working on seadoo's

I meant the ignition support via the retrofit method (obd2 ignition to obd1 ignition). I have been running it for over 2 years now on a jbody.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:11 AM
Diesell wrote:I'm wondering, does anybody have any experience with the wideband option on the MS? I guess the MS can actually "self adjust itself if the Wideband o2 is hooked up. Is this true???????

Yes is does within parameters that you specify. It is best to get a good fuel map first and just use the WB to bring any slight differences back. Fortunatly, the later versions of Megatune (prog for interfacing) has an auto tune feature that you can use, so getting a good base map is quite a bit easier now.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:19 AM
Diesell wrote:I'm wondering, does anybody have any experience with the wideband option on the MS? I guess the MS can actually "self adjust itself if the Wideband o2 is hooked up. Is this true???????

You tune for AFR first, then go through and readjust your ignition and fuel, then tune for AFR once more, and once you do that you should be set. The MS probably handles the last step of fine tuning for AFR once it has its parameters all set out for everything else.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:00 AM
Excidium, you hit the nail on the button about the MS info. being like a big jungle. I starter to read it and then I couldn't read it anymore.......I was getting tunnel vision.....hurt real bad...... then I got lazy, I admit it, I got lazy.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:34 AM
lol go little by little.

also sign up for msefi.com and search through the forums
Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:22 PM
I have it on mine. Love it. wouldint recoment it to anyone who isisnt confident they can install it tho. can get a bit messy ! also expect to have a CEL (not that it would make a difference anymore) mine is gone due to black tape on back ..... You can enjoy not having a speed limiter, adusting your rev limiter, being free to run ANY cams you want (no cam pos sensor needed) it can co-exist with electronic 4 speed autos and even continue to let the stock ecu set idle speed (good if you have ac) I would highly recomend msII if you plan to run large injectors. If anyone as any questions i am available on aim SCIIRoscoe

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:03 PM
Roscoe, could you still use the stock crank sensor for a pick up or did you have to use a timing wheel and could you use stock wiring (providing that the stock wiring is verified) or do you have to use all new wiring???

Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:16 PM
i used a new harness for everything. i got my ignition signal from the stock ecu (pin 10 thing) i will be getting it from a new trigger wheel. my buddys a machinist and he has a spare crank wheel & an aftermarket edis wheel now making them one unit. once thats done ill be running ford ignition components i will continue to keep the stock ecu in place for all the other @!#$ it does in the for for now. (like my 4a trans) I would like to swap to a (strong) manual or a standalone controller for my trans and all aftermarket gauges then i could rip all the stock wiring and crap out completly.

However... if you wanted you COULD wire into the stock stuff but thats really more trouble then its worth.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search