want to buy a megasquirt but unsure, look inside! - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: want to buy a megasquirt but unsure, look insi
Monday, January 09, 2006 6:18 PM
Quote:

That DIY autotune place seems pretty good and its all assembled.

Why would you get one thats pre assembled?
The fun part is putting it together.

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:19 PM
oh man I was talking to him about it I got like 3 steps in and said @!#$ it.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:31 AM
I'd be up for the GP, but good luck with your tuning. My objective is to try and get the most power I can NA (sunfire is the autox car, so I'm not boosting yet). However no one talks about fuel management in the non-boost forums so I come in here .

The writeup would be very helpfull tho as far as connecting everything appropriately. The Megasquirt website has a ton of information, but most of it is better utilized if you have the unit to play with so you can actually see the changes.

I would want to put it together myself, because I like tinkering.

-Chris

Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:35 PM
link

would this be a good harness to buy with the megasquirt... im gonna buy it.. but not sure if i should just stick with the harness that comes with it or would this be a better buy?

here comes the boost!
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:18 PM
Where's the best (i.e., cheapest) place to purchase a DIY MegaSquirt v3?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:04 PM
there will a DP as soon as I finish my write up. its going to bee done by DIY autotune

let me tell you this guy makes Jason at A+ look like an average ebay seller (no offense to jason he great)

he has the most amazing service ever.

also Im sorry this hasnt been updated. its cold and I dont like the cold.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:00 PM
Ket us know about this GP and write up for the ecotec cause i am very interested because im going boost here in the next month and i wanna try the megasquirt instead of the usual FMU setup from hahn. Keep us informed

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:40 PM
interesting.. definately watching this thread. im assuming that its got its own map sensor. how much boost can it handle?

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:30 AM
the one that comes with it can handle 21 psi. i was scared about this too, but a fmu and AFPR are about the same. and with MS-II v3.0 i can change spark. if diy does a Gp are they going to do all the versions???? also what RPM can the ecotec take. i was thing of setting te rev limiter at 7000 soft and 7300 hard cut off.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:52 AM
RAKSJ04 wrote:the one that comes with it can handle 21 psi. i was scared about this too, but a fmu and AFPR are about the same. and with MS-II v3.0 i can change spark. if diy does a Gp are they going to do all the versions???? also what RPM can the ecotec take. i was thing of setting te rev limiter at 7000 soft and 7300 hard cut off.

there is currently a 2 bar map sensor in it but you can upgrade to 3.

also the eco can take it to 7000 but I doubt any higher also I would be worried about even making power that high.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:18 PM
so its possible for 25psi or so?

Quote:

i was scared about this too, but a fmu and AFPR are about the same.

what? id be scared to run that much boost with just that. hypsy and paco are the only 2 iv ever heard of doing that.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:11 PM
*Listening* -I'm in the process of buying a (used) Hahn stage 2 kit, and I'm one of the people that was scared of Megasquirt and waitin for a hero like JCavi to come along. Depending on when this GP takes place and how long it goes on for, I'm definitely interested too, but for now I still have a lot to learn.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:25 PM
Quote:

I'm one of the people that was scared of Megasquirt

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:55 PM
Megasquirt is NOT the devil kids! It just takes some knowledge on your part to understand exactly what is going on with your car. That's what tuning is all about.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:05 AM
i was going to run 10 psi only maybe less before. but with megasquirt i don't know what i can get away with.

jcavi: when you go to wire it up pics please. and when do you plan on installing it?

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:23 AM
yes install it NOW! I want to buy this system so bad but i'm not smart enough to keep from making mistakes when wiring it up.
P.S. You are the man!

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:43 AM
RAKSJ04 wrote:i was going to run 10 psi only maybe less before. but with megasquirt i don't know what i can get away with.

jcavi: when you go to wire it up pics please. and when do you plan on installing it?

Wes Gardner wrote:yes install it NOW! I want to buy this system so bad but i'm not smart enough to keep from making mistakes when wiring it up.
P.S. You are the man!

this is why I was hesitant to start a post the same as the other.

Guys I am about half way done with pics for you. its already on here. Can someone please bump that thread an let this one die ive got class. thanks guys

from now on anything related please go there so we can complie all of this good stuff into one.

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:08 PM
well its put this way I am thinking about dropping a 3400 turbo in my sunfire and I dont know which way i want to go with DHP powertunr or get the megasquirt.

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:34 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=195015&t=195015 ....taht is the other thread in the photos and media forum, let this one go so everybody can post in one topic, cuz im guessing once this gets going faster this will be a VERY hot topic, considering it is about that time taht everybody is starting to understand megasquirt is the only way to go at this point for the j's and fuel systems go...maybe the port fueler, but....i have college to pay for, not a port fueler. Adios
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search