SAFC-II PCM install guide - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PCM install guide
Friday, June 17, 2005 5:25 AM
^^ Thats because they are not intended for our cars. All SAFC2's should be the same but I'm not familiar with the first SAFC. There might be some differences there.

Friday, June 17, 2005 5:27 AM
This guide will work for any car as long as you don't worry so much about wire colors and worry more about the wire name. Using the j-bodies of n.y. pinouts you can figure out any engine.
Monday, June 27, 2005 2:21 PM
Can this guide be used for a 99 PCM?

Monday, June 27, 2005 2:30 PM
Yes.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, August 01, 2005 8:53 PM
Ok someone said something about an EGR simulator... I need one where can I get it?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:40 AM
shifted are the wiring diagrams for the 99 the same as the 96-98's? i mean the wire colors and all? or do i need to locate wiring diagrams for the 99? i looked on the ny jbody site but wasnt able to find them for the 99 and up
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:58 AM
What about for a 98???

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:11 AM
I got my egr sim at zzperformance.com

View my MySpace
Friday, August 12, 2005 4:07 PM
Got a quick question guys. I just got my SAFC II today and I'm hooking it up in a 96 Grand Am 2.4 liter. I know the PCM is different, but are the wire colors the same? Anyone know... I think my wiring color codes are the same as a 96 2.4 jbody... but these diagrams were for 97-98 though.

-Bob
Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:48 AM
Sorry to bring this post from the dead. On my 96 z24 cavy there are three connectors on the bottom of the pcm. I am trying to have my SAFC installed and I need verification of which connectors to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Boosting a z..... one step at a time."

Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:26 PM
the easiest way to do it is just hook the afc right to the sensors. that way you dont have to worry with the pcm wirring so mutch. you just have to power and ground the unit to the pcm. this way saves alot of headaches.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:08 AM
I was afraid that somebody might say that. I was trying to avoid from doing that but, if I do happen to figure out the pinouts I will post them for anybody else that may need them. Thank you for the input though slam.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:49 PM
So do you splice into the wires or what. I have the SAFC 2 and have no clue on how the thing goes in?

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:52 PM
yes you splice into the wires the only one you actually cut is the one for the map sensor

Monday, March 20, 2006 3:30 PM
Do you guys use them with the FMU's or by themself.
Monday, March 20, 2006 7:14 PM
I will be using mine with larger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and a RRFPR.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search