Android Torque App - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Android Torque App
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:40 PM
Oh wow.... I'm sorry about that bro. I use my phone for all internet so I was switching back and forth trying to type it in. my apology...

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:47 PM
aint no thang man...we figured it out and thats what matters...thanks for the work of getting the PID to begin with.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:07 PM
Yeah it's no prob. I'm just glad the dev of the app knew how to do it lol.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 2:13 PM
So it works right now. My IDC's were right around 80% at WOT in 3rd gear with fuel pressure set on the low end of things at 50 PSI. I only have the 36's in the car, and GM says that fuel pressure should be between 50-60 on the stock 03+ L61s. I know that reflash doesnt change any of that, so I am gonna bump it up a bit when I get tuned in a few weeks, and that should lower the IDC into the 70%ish range, and make thigns more comfortable for me.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:37 PM
EvoFire wrote:Here is an edit with the right info...THANKS!!!

SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:here is what you do...

On the main screen of torque press your phones menu button,
Go to settings,
Scroll to manage extra pids/sensors,
press menu,
select add custom pid
enter the following minus quotes

obd2 mode and pid "221193"
Long name is "Injector Duty Cycle"
Short name is "Inj Dty" or what ever you want
Minimum value "0'
Maximum value "100"
Scale factor "1X"
Unit Type "%"
Equation "((((A

not working for me

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:37 PM
Enter this

On the main screen of torque press your phones menu button, Go to settings, Scroll to manage extra pids/sensors, press menu, select add custom pid enter the following minus quotes

obd2 mode and pid "221193"
Long name is "Injector Duty Cycle"
Short name is "Inj Dty" or what ever you want
Minimum value "0'
Maximum value "100"
Scale factor "1X"
Unit Type "%"
Equation "((((A<8)+B)/65.535) * [0C]) / 1200"
obd header to use "Auto"

Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:54 AM
Working now, I deleted it and re did it and works fine

Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:38 AM
Awesome glad it's working for ya. is it accurate for you as well?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:55 PM
Not sure, I have no way of checking it, and its been raining so I havnt been able to get on it

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:51 AM
Hey what cable are you guys using, what works or doesnt work?

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:57 AM
its an ELM 327 bluetooth adaptors. found on Ebay for liek 30 bucks. or PLX makes a version, and so do a few other companies.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:56 AM
I ordered, hoping the chinese one will work.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:30 PM
If yours doesn't work at first swap for another. I know my first didn't work along with evofires.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:03 PM
I know this is a really old thread, but I thought I'd let the community know that I just picked up this adapter: Here.
Don't look at the preview picture, look at the pics in the description to see what it looks like.

It was $20 shipped from SoCal, plugged in and works great, no issues. So there are ones out there that will work out of the box, and they're getting cheaper, too.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:07 AM
^ I bought the same adapter, only issue I had with it was the initial link range.
I needed to get my Nook (running android) very close in proximity to the adapter to get them to link up via Torque.
Granted this may be a limitation of the nooks bluetooth range not the obd adapter, so take that into consideration.

Overall very happy with my 20 dollar obd2 adapter, very happy with the torque app, and happy my Nook is now better faster stronger on android. And I'm extremely happy with the litany of information provided via the torque app, the car I tested it on was my 96 Corsica daily car that has a 3100 V6, the app had way more available info and displays, than the crappy OBD 1.5 ecu setup could produce, I'm excited to use this on the cavi and cavfire sitting in the driveway at some point.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:29 PM
What's every ones engine load percent for the 2200? I have 28% just at idle, other vehicles are around 3%. Even on deceleration (total fuel cut) it's gone below 9%.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879634
http://www.crysisweb.com/
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:50 PM
It's legit, I had the same numbers with my 2200.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:00 PM
OK, thank you. I'm on a quest, trying to figure out why I cant get above 24 mph highway since I did a topend rebuild.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879634
http://www.crysisweb.com/
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:34 PM
Is your nook running a different android os? I can't seem to find torque on the app store on it.

4 lug wheel covers but 5 lug wheels underneath. Sleeper status yo...
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:43 PM
Don't mind me I just made myself look stupid. Forget what I posted.

4 lug wheel covers but 5 lug wheels underneath. Sleeper status yo...
Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:39 PM
My 2.2 runs 26% with electronics, lights, and interior heat fan running full. But she runs 22% at idle, nothing else running.

I find Torque helpful in many ways, but what do you guys think of the 'virtual dyno'?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:01 PM
IndigoSpike wrote:but what do you guys think of the 'virtual dyno'?

looks like they're 'virtually speechless'!

and i hate my iPhone due to the fact that Torque isnt made for it... *sigh

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:32 PM
blu04DD wrote:
IndigoSpike wrote:but what do you guys think of the 'virtual dyno'?

looks like they're 'virtually speechless'!

and i hate my iPhone due to the fact that Torque isnt made for it... *sigh

You know, along with a whole laundry list of reasons I hated my iPhone, Torque was one of my bigger motivations to return to android lol. No way I was gonna pay $30 for Rev with less options (especially additional PIDs) and buy a WiFi dongle when I already had a Bluetooth.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:36 AM
I won't start a new topic over it but just curious if anyone has had any issues getting torque to connect. I picked up a elm327 and on my Samsung S2X it connects and pairs, but then when I try to use torque it keeps searching and checking protocols but it doesn't connect. Just wondering if anyone has any info on how I might be able to get it to work.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:49 AM
RMac, join the forums for the app....very very very helpful. took me a few days to get it working....but now that it does ive been using it daily for a long long long long time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search