Cold Startup tuning reveled. - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cold Startup tuning reveled.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:39 PM
Yoecotec wrote:
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:your commanded afr on startup is 5:1? Optionally it should taper from 9:1 - 12:1 depending on how cold it is to stoich until the coolant gets to 80-100 or so. Gm commanding 5:1 would make the car not run. That much gas would put the fire out, and make the car fail the epa tests.

I can send you a log of that if you don't believe me. On -20C IAT condition, i've seen 2:1 cmmd AFR for few seconds... my WB AEM stay @ flash 10.0AFR for long time Idle lol. When ECT gets to 50-55C like you say, the cmmd always are stoich. If your does the same, it's normal.
I bet you have your PE Command and multipliers all screwed up......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:51 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
Yoecotec wrote:
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:your commanded afr on startup is 5:1? Optionally it should taper from 9:1 - 12:1 depending on how cold it is to stoich until the coolant gets to 80-100 or so. Gm commanding 5:1 would make the car not run. That much gas would put the fire out, and make the car fail the epa tests.

I can send you a log of that if you don't believe me. On -20C IAT condition, i've seen 2:1 cmmd AFR for few seconds... my WB AEM stay @ flash 10.0AFR for long time Idle lol. When ECT gets to 50-55C like you say, the cmmd always are stoich. If your does the same, it's normal.

Nope......

Boost Lover
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:48 AM
Yoecotec wrote:
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
Yoecotec wrote:

Nope......
Email me the file.... pnptuning@gmail.com I will take a look at it when I get home tonight.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:52 AM
You don't believe me lol

Boost Lover
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:43 PM
Yoecotec wrote:You don't believe me lol
Not that I don't believe you, but I have seen alot of stuff overlooked by many people.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:57 PM
2.9:1 Cmmd AFR on Cold Start !!! He have something to do loll

Boost Lover
Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:50 AM
Will we see this file? Stay tuned for next months reply lol...

Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:07 PM
I think he sent it to me.... It came to my spam,.,,, All looked ok, but I don't recall seeing the scan...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:14 PM
I havent gotten a scan either because I've turned swapping alternators into a science (down to under half an hour) and chased a bunch of shorts in the factory wiring recently.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:23 PM
Wow, really what happened? What are you trying to chase down?

Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:28 PM
I got it fixed, there was a short to ground between the fuse panel and the headlight harness connector on the passenger side headlight power wire. Which must have been present since I owned the car, it managed to kill the battery and the LSJ alt I put in a month and a half earlier. And when trying to find the short I found out that the dealer/factory butchered my fog light install when the car was made, lets just say duct tape as a wire insulator was involved and large section of wire needed to be cutout and patched to eliminate corrosion. And autozone had a national back order on LSJ alts, which I found out after I pulled it and brought it into the store. Had to put it back in and drive it from the motorsports garage to the parking deck on the new battery I put in it. Next day put a stock L61 alt from advanced in it, drove home, left it there for the week the LSJ alt from rock auto took to get there, then put that one in. At least now the car starts, and idles better than it ever has, and the headlights are brighter than ever.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:36 PM
jason norwood wrote:Will we see this file? Stay tuned for next months reply lol...

The reason is simple...there is no solution for too rich cold start because we don't have acces at all !!! final point

Boost Lover
Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:37 PM
Yoecotec wrote:
jason norwood wrote:Will we see this file? Stay tuned for next months reply lol...

The reason is simple...there is no solution for too rich cold start because we don't have acces at all !!! final point
Agreed!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:21 PM
lol..... I think we have a winner Bob.

Friday, December 30, 2011 12:41 PM
Yoecotec wrote:

Holy crap, your tune looks fine but it is indeed calling for 2:1 afr at startup.

Friday, December 30, 2011 3:45 PM
Screen shots so we can all enjoy? lol

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:11 PM
Here, is at the very beginning of the log, you can see the 2 in the cmd afr label.

And here is where the cmd afr gets to the point that you can actually see the line on the chart view in my config.

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:27 PM
Wowzers....

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:29 PM
yeah afr error % = 420%.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:40 AM
And your IAT is at 28* .... What was your ECT at? Just like myself and others have pointed out, there are modifers missing.........

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:25 AM
Its theoretically a whole table missing, though with how crazy it can get I has to instead be a function that gets completely messed up by our use of the 2.5bar map. Unless its doing it with the 1 bar map cars as well then, "gahh?" At least it is in open loop and at least I found the cells that effect it so, we can fake it out of the car if that is so desired. The Yoe's tune looks like it was faked out of it, or his wideband outputs 15:1 afr during o2 warmup.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:37 AM
the 15.1:1 afr is the warmup WB. After warmup, he drop to 10.0afr (min value) for a long time. Coolant temp is the same than IAT 28F or -2C

Boost Lover
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search