HPT Credits. Super confusing but makes sense. What would you do with 8? - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HPT Credits. Super confusing but makes sense. What would you do with 8?
Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:33 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:You need to go in and fix the Idle VE tables. If you are using a tune that was setup for the Comp Turbo grinds and you do not have those cams then that is likely your idle problem. The lower compression of the VE tables you are using are also going to play a role. I don't use anything from the repository so I can't say for sure what adjustments have been made on those tables you are using but I can tell you I have my Idle VE tables completely modified for correct idle with those cams. More than likely whoever posted those tables did something similar.

You have to understand that when you go in and make all these adjustments that it has an affect on other components that are trying to make adjustments based on what use to be a stock tune, unless they too have been made aware of the changes (hope that makes sense). The IAC for example will be rather confused unless you go in and make the VE table changes and an idle hunting scenario can play out. One thing I am not entirely sure of is why your idle is not hitting the ridiculously high idle you have it set for as it should. I can tell you if you have it set too high the IAC will try to fight that and in that case there is basically nothing it will be able to do other than confuse the ECU. You may also get some STFT commands to begin fighting against that idle also. Not for certain how it would react to be honest with that high an idle setting as I have never gone that high.

Like this? (wideband was not logging, RPM set at 850, still hunting the vac leak)

I'm lost.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:47 PM

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:33 AM
Is there a reason you believe you have a vacuum leak?

The STFTs are showing that the ECU is trying to correct a rich condition. How long had the car been running when you took this snap shot? ECT is a little low but could be normal depending how long you had it running. Do you have your fans set differently from stock? LTFT is showing a slightly lean condition but nothing I would raise much of an eyebrow over.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, August 27, 2012 7:04 AM
First of all clear codes and reset fuel trims before logging.

http://www.weatherallsautomotive.com http://www.planethax.com/j-body
Monday, August 27, 2012 4:53 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:Is there a reason you believe you have a vacuum leak?

The STFTs are showing that the ECU is trying to correct a rich condition. How long had the car been running when you took this snap shot? ECT is a little low but could be normal depending how long you had it running. Do you have your fans set differently from stock? LTFT is showing a slightly lean condition but nothing I would raise much of an eyebrow over.

The throttle body has no gasket, and 2 intake manifold bolts are sheared...
The car was still warming up I believe, although my fan on temp is 185 too. I haven't seen those codes since I did the rough tune 4 days/ 150 miles ago... The car was ran extremely hard for 45 minutes, then the light came up on the way home. The idle speed, and fuel sender codes are nothing new.

It is tuned a bit rich, and if that looks okay to you, then it looks okay to me until my vac leak is gone.

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:01 PM
Weatheralls Auto wrote:First of all clear codes and reset fuel trims before logging.

Those are history codes and shouldn't have any affect on the trims. Plus its good he had em on there because it confirms what I am seeing on the datalog

Well from what it sounds like if you have that many vacuum issues there is no sense in even trying to diag anything until those are corrected. The only concern I have with the STFT is that looking at this I have no idea how many times the STFT have reset to achieve the overall slight lean condition. The LTFT may have reset multiple time as well before landing on what is showing. It does not appear to be grossly lean.

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:17 PM
Yeah, I don't know why that happened. I'm blaming it on the vac leak as well. I left the codes there for that purpose. Cleared them after I got the pic. Haven't popped up again.

I keep a careful eye on my wide band right now, and it's not perfect, but 14-15 WOT, and 13-17ish at idle (14 mostly)...... 15.5-17 cruising.

Afr's suck at idle, so yeah. Thanks for all the help man, and I'll post back when I get this vac leak fixed and my idle speeds on dot.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:42 AM
Once you get the vac leak taken care of it will likely bring the idle down too. Try to add some fuel when under boost asap so things don't get a little crispy in there. You want to make sure you are around 11.5:1 under boost. I noticed in your boost forum thread you said things were running a little hot (which is normal to a point) but this may be a byproduct of running rather lean under boost. Things will start glowing a little sooner than normal.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:32 PM
I fixed as much as the vac leak as possible, set to 900, idling at 1000.

11.5-12 under boost. Check(ish) still fine tuning, I see 14 once in a blue moon.
16 highway cruising check.
14-15 around the block check.

32mpg highway on my maiden voyage to cincinnati, but like 15 mpg city (I'm a spirited city driver)

Problem:
PE enable is delayed or something. When I put it to the floor, the fuel cuts off for about 0.5 seconds then kicks back on... If I give it up to 85% throttle no hesitation at all. Could this be DFCO settings at all? Maybe PE delay? Stumped again.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:48 AM
What is your injector duty cycle at when it kills fuel?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search