HP Tuners - the votes are in! - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners - the votes are in!
Monday, September 05, 2005 5:24 PM
I wasn't saying it doesn't work or works poorly, but its something thats used to overcome the limited fueling parameters of the stock ecu and fuel system. Compared to a fully reflashed ecu running bigger injectors and better ignition timing, there simply is no comparison.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Monday, September 05, 2005 5:45 PM
Quote:

I wasn't saying it doesn't work or works poorly, but its something thats used to overcome the limited fueling parameters of the stock ecu and fuel system. Compared to a fully reflashed ecu running bigger injectors and better ignition timing, there simply is no comparison.

PortFueler is a system that will adapt with various parameters. I think by utilizing the HP software to enhance certain features, my car will be fast enough for my taste.
Monday, September 05, 2005 5:57 PM
The hp tuners software does what the port fueler system does and more. Just another way of adding more fuel.

My Car
Monday, September 05, 2005 10:22 PM
well this needs to come out.. so it can hurry up and do its think on my turbo eco and run a set of 550cc inectors and pull back the timing a weee bit so i can run a good 15psi on pump fuel without having to mix some 110 in there.

ETA yet? price? lol i bought a lap top already.

Monday, September 05, 2005 10:54 PM
Hi guys,

Here's a short update (there really isn't much to say at the moment).

1. we have intergrated reading and flashing code into our mainstream software (v2.0)
2. the various licensing and year/model/VIN code is still being updated
3. the main task at the moment is working thru the calibrations defining parameters and tables (i'd say we are about 10% along on this, however the first part is always the longest and most difficult). My goal is to support a reasonbale amount of paramters on the first release. History has shown this is generally in the ballpark of 150-200 params.
4. next on the list is the enhanced PIDs for the scanner
5. once we get a reasonbale number of parameters supported and also tested the critical components a lot more we will announce a beta (at a guess we are a few weeks away from that point given current workload and also SEMA approaching etc.)

My goal is to get beta testing as soon as practically possible so you guys can start seeing and posting some results (even if that means a staged rollout of vehicle years/models supported). As you can understand we are very interested in how much the OEM hardware can wring out of these babies!

Cheers,

Chris...
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:31 AM
Chris we fully appreciate everything you guys are doing for us, we all just so anxious to get our hands on this. I think i need to start saving my money

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:49 AM
Im sure this is a dumb question, but I didnt want to start a new thread elsewhere.

Will this improve perfomance out of the GM Charger and can I just use this instead of a reflash for the charger..

I am pretty dumb about this software even though I have read.. I really dont even know what it does lol

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:14 PM
*Twiztid Z24* wrote:Im sure this is a dumb question, but I didnt want to start a new thread elsewhere.

Will this improve perfomance out of the GM Charger and can I just use this instead of a reflash for the charger..

I am pretty dumb about this software even though I have read.. I really dont even know what it does lol

yes it will improve performance through more optimal fuel/timing curves than the gm reflash

yes it can be used in place of the GM reflash when support for 2+ bar map sensors is added.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:54 PM
*Twiztid Z24* wrote:Im sure this is a dumb question, but I didnt want to start a new thread elsewhere.

Yes, it can, but if you had to ask that question, please for the love of god don't try to tune it yourself. Go to a pro with a dyno. Hey that rhymed....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:18 PM
I am... I will be the first to admit, I love my car, and im all about learning about it and I have cosmetic wise and basic engine wise, but tuning and a lot of aftermarket performance stuff is still beyond me, but hey.. I asked.. so at least I know now instead of just guessing

Thanks for the help, and believe me I wont be tuning alone.. I dont really want to blow anything up.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:03 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:
Ian Brydon wrote:
Cherub (AZ) wrote:I'm still curious whether the Cavalier tunning will work on a Sunfire. I cannot for the life of me see why not since they are the exact same car, barring a couple of body parts.

I'm also very concerned about this, some clarification would be great.

are you guys serious ---

-----

on a different note I WILL buy this the day it is released

I know it sounds silly, but if you check out the polls HPTuners did to determine demand, sunfires and cavaliers with the same engines were treated as seperate models due to uncertainty on HPTuners part that they were identical. I'm just trying to hear it from them that my car is going to be included.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:41 AM
If it turns out they use identical calibrations then they will be supported. I have only checked a few at this stage and it seems they do.

Chris...
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:47 AM
did u guys even think up a price yet?...just curious. also do you guys know for sure theres gonna be different software between cavi's and sunfires with same engine and tranny?

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:59 AM
Thanks for the update Chris!! Keep up the good work

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on JBO!!
Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:26 AM

Yes it can. The best bet would be to use the GM SC program as a base and tune off of it. The GM program is way safe, for warranty reasons. Use this program to add soem timing, and it will wake up!

FU Tuning

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:11 AM
thanks.. that helps a lot

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:13 AM
This is Great news Chris, i cant wait to get this for my car.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:51 PM
I can't wait for this to tune my next motor setup...

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:00 PM
Can't wait. I plan on buying it right after it's released.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:36 PM
Stupid question, but how do you know what programming a PCM has? Is it by the service number such as SERV #16228016
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:54 PM
go to calid.gm.com and enter your VIN. The Cal ID is the one we are intersted in, the other number is if you want to buy one.

Chris...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:09 PM
Cool, I am not sure if it is just me but I can't get the calid.gm.com to work properly, but I know what you are saying now.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:22 PM
yeah if you have a popup blocker running you need to disable it for that site.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:58 AM
Chris P wrote:If it turns out they use identical calibrations then they will be supported. I have only checked a few at this stage and it seems they do.

Chris...

i wish i read that before i posted, lol. how much do u guys think ur gonna be asking for when it comes out?

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:59 AM
It should be approx $500. That's what their software runs for every other vehicle.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search