HP Tuners Software update - Page 17 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:15 AM
Question - would you be able to flash the computer to read boost through a 2 or 3 bar map sensor and program your ecu to adjust fuel based on boost pressure?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:27 AM
Yes, thats what the 2 bar and 3 bar speed density upgrades are for

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:48 AM
Shifted wrote:Yes, thats what the 2 bar and 3 bar speed density upgrades are for

ok now is that extra money included in the kit? or just the price for the map sensor and then the wiring?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:01 AM
No, you get 8 credits to spend included in the price of the cable...

They haven't released the pricing scheme for the 4 cylinders, so lets say that a single model year license (means you can tune all vehicles of a particular year), is 4 credits. The 1/2/3 bar package is 2 credits, you've used 6. That means you have 2 credits left over, which is usually enough for a single vehicle license

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:03 AM
i dont want to read through all the pages. form the last two, it looks like it should be hitting beta soon? correct? also, when is the final release due out?

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:11 AM
Shifted wrote:No, you get 8 credits to spend included in the price of the cable...

They haven't released the pricing scheme for the 4 cylinders, so lets say that a single model year license (means you can tune all vehicles of a particular year), is 4 credits. The 1/2/3 bar package is 2 credits, you've used 6. That means you have 2 credits left over, which is usually enough for a single vehicle license

ok, but if I tell them 2002 ecotec that would allow me just tune tune my car and if I knew anyone with an 02 ecotec, theres as well?

and I would actually GET a map sensor in that 1/2/3 bar package?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:14 AM
No, you don't get the map sensor, you're on your own for that one.

It depends on how you want to use your credits, you have 8 to use however you want, the way I described is pretty much how I'm going to set mine up.

But to explain more:

Single Model Year License:
Allows you to tune unlimited number of vehicles of that particular model for that particular year.

Single Model License:
Allows you to tune one vehicle.

Its also set up so you don't have to tell them what you want to use your credits on right away, you can buy the cable and use the credits as you need them.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:17 AM
thats awesome...

I would problem spend it the same as yours...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:07 PM
I'm computer illiterate, and can't even get a pic of my car in my sig, what do all the initials y'all are using mean?

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:09 PM
Which ones in particular?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:13 PM
VPC, .NET, DOS, C#, OSC, ect.

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:11 PM
VPC is a type of macintosh
.NET is a programming language framework
DOS is Disk Operating System, the first publicly available OS for Personal Computers
C# (C-Sharp) is a programming language that uses the .NET framework
OSC I think is an operating system for Mac.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:46 PM
Shifted wrote:VPC is an emulation software that emulates a pc on a mac.
.NET is a programming language framework
DOS is Disk Operating System, the first publicly available OS for Personal Computers
C# (C-Sharp) is a programming language that uses the .NET framework
OS X is an operating system for Mac.

fixed it for ya

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:22 PM
Just to correct Shifted on the Mac stuff...

VPC is an acronym for the software "Virtual PC" that started out as owned and written by a company called Connectix. This company was to be gobbled up (like everything) by Microsoft. The software will emulate a Pentium (or Pentium-like) processor (hardware) on a Macintosh but does so through software. Older versions of the software used to run close to 1/4 to 1/3 of the actual clock speed of the Mac's processor which was pretty slow at the time. More recent software versions and improved computer chip clock speeds have improved the emulation and are now optimized to run much faster. This allows much of the software written for Windows, LINUX, etc. to run in emulation on a Mac... With this software, hopefully Mac users will be able to run the HP Tuners software from their iBooks, PowerBooks, and MacBook Pro's -- provided the USB interface and drivers (if any) will allow the HP Tuner software to communicate with the ECU.

OSC is misspelled. It is OS X (pronounced oh-ess-ten), which is the current operating system for the more recent Macintosh computers.

Sorry, for the long explanation... But I'm a Mac fan/geek at heart...
And remember... Macs are people, too!

lol

Jrobz23 If you get the software to run in emulation, make sure you post back here to let us know... I would do it myself, but my 2.2 is OBD-1... Hmmm... I wonder if a 2200 swap is in order? lol

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:13 PM
anyone know if this is will work on a 97 grand am with the 2.4L. I am guessing it will, but for some reason GM probably made things different between the two cars.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:26 PM
I don't think they support it, but you could swap over to a Cav PCM and use that.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:26 PM
PaPa Bear, I hear ya man! I will try it in VPC first then mess with Mono. I hope Mono will run it but I'm rather sure VPC will work if Mono does not. I just hope they left non-standardised M$ libs to a minimum. JBO will know when I do.

I'm now in the hunt for a 97-99 dead Z with decent options and body in good shape. This will be the test bed for my little project. At the core though will be HPT. I've been holding off for more than a year to see what develops, and which way I go. I'm thinking about 2&3 bar and single vehicle, so i'll have 4 credits left for later. BTW they should fix their ordering site as it is kinda confusing. maybe have a tuner shop page and a non-tuner shop page. anyway its great to see this going through..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:29 PM
^ We may be kinda screwed as far as 2-3 bar map sensors go, I'm trying to get more information from Keith, but his last communication with me this afternoon said that they don't support 2/3 bar upgrades on the 4 cylinders

I'm going to see if I can get him the GM S/C program if he can use that at least for the 2k+ 2.4L's...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:40 PM
worst case scenario is we have to start hacking on the unencrypted bin.. which will happen eventually anyway

thats what sold me on the product in the first place. if the gui cant get it done i will have to do it myself. that will just be much more time consuming and with a steap learning curve.

OHH yeah and to the ODB1 guys. you can get custom chips (tunes) burned already, so dont fret! get tuning!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:56 PM
V2.0 doesn't save the ECU into a raw BIN file, its a .hpt file...

Either way, it would take you longer to find out how to recalculate the checksums and where they are than it would to have HPT add the stuff to thier software. Even a raw BIN isn't very usefull unless you can speak in Motorola assembly as a second language.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:07 PM
Turd Furgason! Well.. I currently can't speak moto assembler but my gaggle of EE buddies (unfortunately for them, lol) can! And their always looking for cheap senior/masters/doctorite projects right about this time of year..

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:08 PM
&^%#$ the extra break tag on all my posts!!!

grr..

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:14 PM
Shifted wrote:I'm going to see if I can get him the GM S/C program if he can use that at least for the 2k+ 2.4L's...

I would love to use this with my ECOTEC GM S/C setup. Let me know if I can offer any assistance to have that put together.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:46 PM
Shifted wrote:^ We may be kinda screwed as far as 2-3 bar map sensors go, I'm trying to get more information from Keith, but his last communication with me this afternoon said that they don't support 2/3 bar upgrades on the 4 cylinders

I'm going to see if I can get him the GM S/C program if he can use that at least for the 2k+ 2.4L's...

you have to be ****in kidding me......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:51 AM
That's a waste, then what are us who are mostly induced gonna do, run a raising rate FPR to still take care of the positive pressure that the ECU won't see.
Hmmmmmm........ let me see here I will shorten the pulse width down to 1.9 milliseconds and up the duration cycle, which will make me run rich as hell before the boost but when the Turbo spools up I will just lean out and die.

A lot of sarcasm here, there are other tuning options such as Haltec, Motec, AEM.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search