HP Tuners Software update - Page 19 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:22 AM
And add inthere Eco with Supercharger program wait another 2 years.
THIS BLOWS! Man I am just gonna mind my own like I was planning to, this is so disappointing the fact that noone wants to get creative or anything.
I don't need noones little program crap but AEM's.
You get boost controler,
2 step launch with build boost.
Get rid of the governor
Get rid of the redline,
manipulate any timing or fuel aspect, IN ANY GEAR diferently.
Boost by GEAR.
Tons of other options, that HP tuners cannot come close to.

I wish you guys good luck with this program, I can see it having so much conflict on Boosted ECO and not helping anything at all.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:25 AM
I have some questions, I have a 2000 Z24 that I'm in the process of building a forged bottomend ( pistons & rods, JBP prepped crank) with an 086 head & HO intake, and I want to run between 15 - 18 psi of boost, what do I need to do?
Do I get the GM supercharger reflash first then buy the HP Tuners setup or just get their setup and it will work?

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:31 AM
And add inthere Eco with Supercharger program wait another 2 years.
THIS BLOWS! Man I am just gonna mind my own like I was planning to, this is so disappointing the fact that noone wants to get creative or anything.
I don't need noones little program crap but AEM's.
You get boost controler,
2 step launch with build boost.
Get rid of the governor
Get rid of the redline,
manipulate any timing or fuel aspect, IN ANY GEAR diferently.
Boost by GEAR.
Tons of other options, that HP tuners cannot come close to.

I wish you guys good luck with this program, I can see it having so much conflict on Boosted ECO and not helping anything at all.

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:31 AM
Sorry for double post guys.

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:43 AM
Dale Young wrote:I have some questions, I have a 2000 Z24 that I'm in the process of building a forged bottomend ( pistons & rods, JBP prepped crank) with an 086 head & HO intake, and I want to run between 15 - 18 psi of boost, what do I need to do?
Do I get the GM supercharger reflash first then buy the HP Tuners setup or just get their setup and it will work?

correct me if iam wrong but here goes the process for flashing if the boost OS's get supported :

download OS and CAL images (someone will have to host the OS and associted CAL)
flash OS to your pcm
change VIN in the downloaded CAL and flash that
tinker for your own setup
enjoy boost

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, March 03, 2006 10:53 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:
Dale Young wrote:I have some questions, I have a 2000 Z24 that I'm in the process of building a forged bottomend ( pistons & rods, JBP prepped crank) with an 086 head & HO intake, and I want to run between 15 - 18 psi of boost, what do I need to do?

correct me if iam wrong but here goes the process for flashing if the boost OS's get supported :

download OS and CAL images (someone will have to host the OS and associted CAL)
flash OS to your pcm
change VIN in the downloaded CAL and flash that
tinker for your own setup
enjoy boost

Nope

First you buy the software (obviously), then you use some of your available "credits" to purchase the 2 bar speed density vcm enhancment. The software will have included in it, the 2 bar OS (ie will be shipped with the software). You then do a full VCM flash (tuning is just flashing the CAL segment). Then go about your tuning...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:00 AM
got it!

but can we share tunes? like "Bob's 440 cc injector, 2 bar, tune with good idle"?

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:05 AM
You can open and view other people's tunes, but in order to use them you'd have to manually copy the tables out

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:24 AM
boo on that.. but this is a great thing overall! we just need to figure out something for the 96-99 guys

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:29 AM
I think they're going to be stuck doing ECU swaps.

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:19 PM
didnt JBP get something going for the 96-99 guys as far as reflashing goes? i wonder if they would be able to help them out

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:32 PM
so i get this straight for n/a eco its a plus but for bossted ecos its kind of a minus?

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, March 03, 2006 12:36 PM
JRobz-

JBP doesn't do a 2 bar reflash for 96-99's, or any year for that matter...

Ohh3Sunfire-

Not a minus, since there's still a ton of things you can edit. You can make huge injectors idle and ride out of boost normally, change shift points on an auto, rev and speed limiters, fan speeds, and more.

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:57 PM
will their software work on the 3 gen models (03-05)??????
and if so, how complicated is it to install, do you need a laptop in car at all times or what, they are very vague on their website about actual application.

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Friday, March 03, 2006 1:10 PM
Quote:

$499 basic, $649 for EIO

whats the difference???? and whats this about having to get the dealer to reflash for 2 bar???????

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Friday, March 03, 2006 1:14 PM
John VanCuran wrote:will their software work on the 3 gen models (03-05)??????
and if so, how complicated is it to install, do you need a laptop in car at all times or what, they are very vague on their website about actual application.

3rd Gen is 95-05, not 03-05, but if you are asking about the eco's, then the answer is yes.

I don't think you get what this is since your asking about installation and the laptop in the car all the time. This is a piece of software and a cable. You connect the cable to the OBD port underneath your steering wheel, and the other end to a laptop. You use the software to change values inside your ECU, then you burn them, and its done. You don't need to have the laptop in your car for it to work. There is no wiring involved, just plug and play.

Friday, March 03, 2006 2:06 PM
hurmmm ... is there any other software that resembles what hp tuners are trying to do.. i need to idle 720cc injectors .. 97 z24 . or what kind of set up is need to tune the car properly ? MS2 and ? ???? and .... well does everything thing hp tuners are trying to do i imagen you have to go with several units...
Friday, March 03, 2006 2:21 PM
if no boost program ever gets put on a 96-99 J then i'd say HPT and a good EIC setup would do the job VERY well. EIC for fuel under boost.. HPT for everythiong else. not a bad setup. The 2 bar sensor doesnt give much boost to work with anyway so extra fuel will be needed after 1 bar positive pressure.

Friday, March 03, 2006 6:25 PM
Im sure once I get their software in my hands, I'll be able to figure something out. The main difference between the 96-99 and 00-02 2.4's and 2.2's is the addition of the BCM...... it takes over some of the functions the 96-99 PCM controled (Gauge cluster for example). I know I'll be purchasing a license for '02 5speed Z24, and a '99 5speed Z24..... so I'll let you know what I find out.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, March 03, 2006 8:27 PM
so is this ready to go? Can we order them or whats the wait?

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Friday, March 03, 2006 9:45 PM
Its not ready yet, no, but Chris said that it would be out for beta next week, which is the initial release for those who want to help them find bugs.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:16 AM
so how long after the beta for the official release? Ron, did you end up sending them a s/c 2 bar map or are they going to integrate their own? Those that integrate the 2 bar map will only work for 2000+ as of now still.. correct? Any news on if this will change or is that the only option for pre 00 guys with boost? Just need to get these questions answered

Blew it up
Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:28 PM
I haven't sent them the 2 bar OS yet, I'll need to get my hands on a cable (and a trip to Brians) first.

I would assume that if the beta goes well, the release would not be much longer than 2 or 3 weeks. Yes the 2 bar would only work on a 2000+ ecu, 96-99's could do the swap if they really wanted to use this. I wouldn't expect this to change, since there is no 2 bar OS available for older cars or the LN2, HPT would have to custom write one, and they probably won't do it unless they get a significant number of commitments (and not of the JBO kind, where 100 people say they will, and 3 people pay).

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:33 AM
how long would you need the computer... if not too long i could borrow you mine. so you wouldnt have to drive.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:58 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:how long would you need the computer... if not too long i could borrow you mine. so you wouldnt have to drive.

Not long, hour, but I would need a whole wiring harness and bcm setup in order to connect to it out of the car, would just be easier to drive down there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search