HP Tuners Software update - Page 21 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:06 PM
huh, oh well, thanks for clearing the s-afc thing up!! good thing no one ever asked me how it's workin cauz i would have endend up telling

anyway.....looks like im getting rid of the safc as soon as the software is released even if it's not supporting boost for me, im sure that ill be able to tune the car better than with the apex unit

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:34 AM
sweet im looking forward to seeing this in action. if this works out like im thinking i wont have any worrys for tuning even after I rebuild my motor and throw some big boost at it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Friday, March 10, 2006 3:07 AM
um heres my deal i have a 2002 ecotec, i have issues with my pcm big time reguarding boost, i want to be able to run a 2 bar map at some point in the future I dont want to have to go to a dealer to do anything, i have the money, where do i sign?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:00 AM
Well like I said Rodimus, you need to get active on thier forums, but don't email or PM them with beta testing requests. Start reading posts and asking questions.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:58 AM
aight, i havent read everything, but would we be able to save the stock programming to return the computer to stock if we get a bad tune?

2004 Cavalier, 2.2L Ecotec
1965 El Camino, 396 BBC, 14:1, 800 BHP
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:18 PM
is the software released yet supposed to have been BETA this week.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:52 PM
BOOSTED wrote:is the software released yet supposed to have been BETA this week.

If you read a couple posts back, you'll find mine. Yes, its been released for beta, I've already ordered my cable and software. Beta is by invitation only, even though I thought it was going to be open to anyone.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:00 PM
my bad, hard week at work so im just stressed and lazy haha thanks man

Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:08 PM
So this is how it's going to work for those boosted:
You buy the software and cable, read the programming of a car with the gm 2 bar reflash, send it in to hp tuners, they read it and make it able to modify.
So there is hope for those going turbo.
Now we need someone with an ecotec engine to do the same.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:18 PM
I'm going to send them the 2 bar code, hopefully they can make a definition file for it, and add the capabilities to the software, so it only needs to be done once.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:01 PM
sorry if this was said before but time is against me ... did the program come out for the j's yet?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:10 PM
Read the posts on this page from me, I'm not goin to type this 10 times because you don't want to read, sorry, and the LAST POST on the previous page.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:30 PM
sorry.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:38 PM
darn lazy people.

cant wait for this to be released

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:02 PM
From the HPT forum wrote:
Hi all,

We are very close to releasing software for the 97-05 Cavalier/Sunfire and the 97-00 S10. The later model S10 will follow quite quickly as we are just confirming a PCM hardware issue.

The license and credit info will be:

Chevy Cavalier Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Chevy Cavalier Year/Model: 6 credits

Pontiac Sunfire Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Pontiac Sunfire Year/Model: 6 credits

Chevy S10 Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Chevy S10 Year/Model: 6 credits

Once again the years supported initially will be the 97-05.

Please be aware that although we have conducted testing ourselves initially this will be "beta" status release. The main issue being that there are a huge number of calibrations across all these vehicles and we do have a few gaps that will require folks to send in their files so we can add support. Once we are happy that these gaps have been filled we will move to general release. The gaps are mostly in the very early 97 and 98 support.

I expect the annoucement to happen this week.

Chris...

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:13 PM
so sounds like it may be soon. hey shifted what would this be capable of. lets say i wanted to tune my car to 93 oct fuel is it possible to tune with this to gain more power? Im just curious of what to do since im not sure how funds are going to be after I get layed off of work so im looking for something. besides when i go boosted im gonna want this anyways to tune to bigger injectors.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:27 PM
Yes, definately, there are gains to be had from base tuning, and even more with boost.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:31 PM
so whats exactly needed. I look at there website and it looks like theres a plug and software basically... it would seem that im going to need a labtop correct? then this from hptuners. also i was looking at the points system. I need them to register my vehicle for software correct?

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:41 PM
This is awesome, im about to wet my pants I cant wait to send a big wad of cash to HPtuners.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:51 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:so whats exactly needed. I look at there website and it looks like theres a plug and software basically... it would seem that im going to need a labtop correct? then this from hptuners. also i was looking at the points system. I need them to register my vehicle for software correct?

Yes, its a cable and software. You do need a laptop, or a desktop within a couple feet of your computer. I don't know what you mean by "register your vehicle", you get 8 credits when you buy the cable/software, and when you connect to a vehicle it asks if you want to license that vehicle. If you choose yes, then the appropriate number of credits are deducted from your available number. So if you register one cavalier, you use 2 credits, and you have 6 left. You don't have to contact HPT for any of that.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:55 PM
oh ok im sorry for confusing you i was just looking up at a quote from you above.
The license and credit info will be:

Chevy Cavalier Single Vehicle: 2 credits
Chevy Cavalier Year/Model: 6 credits

thats what i was tryin to say cause im just going to use it on my car. so then what happens if i switch lets say the pcm for some reason does that mean i have to reregister? I remember you sayin something that it will cost credits for different things like for the 2k+ j-bodies that are going to use the boost function. how many points is that going to cost? does it cost points everytime I want to tune my car?

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:01 PM
No, it only costs you credits when you connect the first time, after that the vehicle is licensed and you can do unlimited tunes to that car.

For the 2 bar stuff, it will probably be 2 credits, so if you have a 2000 cavalier, like me, I'll use 2 credits to register my car, 2 credits for the 2 bar upgrade, and then i'll have 4 credits left over for whatever I want.

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:10 PM
ahh ok... well i guess i will have to wait for this to come out. in the mean time i will just save for a labtop after I get money to get my trans mods completed

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:23 AM
I've got the cash......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:39 AM
Can't wait!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search