HP Tuners Software update - Page 23 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:18 AM
I've been following the progress of this. I'm really interested in the possibilities for tuning like the Hondata PCM we have in one of the customers CRX's.

I'm curious as to how different a Gm Supercharger reflashed Grand Am pcm is compared to the j-body... They already have one for the 3.4 Grand Am. I just got a laptop two months ago, that needs use on the car.

Trying to hit 350hp+ as opposed to the 285hp I already have going on with the car.

These 440's running w/ an S-AFC throwing intermittent codes would be really nice to clear out. Does the HP software have abilities to adjust the traction control? It'd be pretty sweet to tie it in with the AEM wideband I have going on, and have it try to settle on 11.8-12.1 a/f ratio in WOT mode. ..... so much possibilities. Makes hitting 350-400hp so much more in reach. Possibly twist the MAP sensor for 3bar capabilities? Adjust the fuel tables, add a few to compensate, for the added hardcore madness....

I'm excited by this software and frustrated that there's no n-body 4cyl support when you guys get your j-body support and n-body v6 guys have their support. Leaving me in the dust. I'd upload my PCM's thoughts to HP in a second even just to see if the differences are close enough to be able to have this beautiful beautiful GM "Hondata" goodness for my car. The wonders of being able to ditch the piggyback bandaids... oooh lord.

I'm going to have to talk to 1320Motorsports down here in Vegas to see if we can send in my PCM's goodies to see what HP can do, if anything.

/rant

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:57 AM
Jason ( got boost?? ) wrote:Any news??

Does the 00-02 cluster fit in the dash the same way the 95-99 does???

I recieved the software, I'm just waiting on the cable now. Should have it Monday.

The 00-02 cluster is a different size, but some people have gotten it to fit andlook alright. You just might have to swap over to the newer style bezel, I think the rest of the dash is pretty much the same.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 11:17 AM
SpyhunteR wrote:
I'm excited by this software and frustrated that there's no n-body 4cyl support when you guys get your j-body support and n-body v6 guys have their support. Leaving me in the dust. I'd upload my PCM's thoughts to HP in a second even just to see if the differences are close enough to be able to have this beautiful beautiful GM "Hondata" goodness for my car. The wonders of being able to ditch the piggyback bandaids... oooh lord.
/rant

GM L4 Cars

Years
Avail. Model Type Single Vehicle
Credits Year/Model
Credits (Per Year)
97-05 Chevy Cavalier 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
97-05 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
97-05 Pontiac Grand Am 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
00-04 Oldsmobile Alero 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6

This is off the Hptuners order page, it would indicate that N-body 4-cyl support is on the way.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:24 PM
Every time someone posts in this thread it makes me all excited.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 4:20 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
SpyhunteR wrote:
/rant

GM L4 Cars

Years
Avail. Model Type Single Vehicle
Credits Year/Model
Credits (Per Year)
97-05 Chevy Cavalier 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
97-05 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
97-05 Pontiac Grand Am 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6
00-04 Oldsmobile Alero 2.2, 2.4 (Beta Only) 2 6

This is off the Hptuners order page, it would indicate that N-body 4-cyl support is on the way.

You do realize that just seeing that is making me blush. Now I'm really looking forward to this. Extremely awesome.

Thanks for the info.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Sunday, March 19, 2006 4:32 PM
Ditto Wild Weasel,

I see this thread at the top of the page and I get all wet

I want to see how far I can push my car before boost. This friggin rawks!!

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:01 PM
I orderd mine on Friday night i got the enhanced version for turbo purpose. Now i just need to get the cable.

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:42 PM
I've got the cash in my PayPal account...... I'll go put the order in now.

shifted..... the cluster swaps into the older dash assembly just fine. Slight modifacation....... You can NOT (without alot of work) put the newer bezel on the older dash..... different shape under neither.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:51 PM
sorry I didn't read the whole 23pages, but how mach are we looking at, and will it be compatible with the 2bar and reflash?

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:15 PM
mike wrote:sorry I didn't read the whole 23pages, but how mach are we looking at, and will it be compatible with the 2bar and reflash?

read...... or go to their site and read.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:54 PM
www.hptuners.com Cost is 500 or 650.00

From what I have been reading the 2 bar should be getting done. Just have to get the GM SC reflash and send it to hptuners. If im wrong correct me but thats what i have gotten out of the post.

Kyle

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:48 AM
Quote:

shifted..... the cluster swaps into the older dash assembly just fine. Slight modifacation....... You can NOT (without alot of work) put the newer bezel on the older dash..... different shape under neither.

Thanks for the info Brian. I will pickup another 95-99 style dash

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:24 AM
What's with people ordering and waiting for the cable?

Are they taking pre-orders or something? Or is the beta already done? Is this ready for release??

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:28 AM
Apparently they opened the beta to everybody who wants to order.

Beta has barely started, I was the first to order and I haven't recieved my cable yet.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:48 AM
Any 97-99 2.4 guys order yet??

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:37 AM
Yea, i'd really like to know further what the plans are for the 97-99 guys.

Blew it up
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:41 AM
So, do you just order this off their page. And does it come with the support for our cars. I was wondering since it said (beta) next to ours. I have a 2000 Z24 and was wondering if i could just order it from their web page and plug it in ?

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:43 AM
Yes, but you need to email them afterwards and ask for the beta version of the software.

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:34 AM
Does the beta include the 2 bar S/C program?

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:37 AM
Not currently

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:39 AM
that sux. oh well that just means we can test it on Speeds car instead of mine until the 2 bar comes out

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:17 PM
I'll be picking up licenses for '99 and '02....

when you order, your placing an order for the cable and scanner..... you need to apply your 'credits' towards licenses you want. I have yet to find out how to contact them to apply the credits. On their site, it looks like you plug into the car, and it asks if you would like to purchase a license for that vehicle...... but IDK yet.

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:21 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I'll be picking up licenses for '99 and '02....

when you order, your placing an order for the cable and scanner..... you need to apply your 'credits' towards licenses you want. I have yet to find out how to contact them to apply the credits. On their site, it looks like you plug into the car, and it asks if you would like to purchase a license for that vehicle...... but IDK yet.

Thats exactly it. When you plug the cable in and start up the software, if that vehicle isn't licensed then the software asks you if you want to license it (showing available credits). No interaction HPT or even any need to decide when ordering what you will license it for.

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:41 PM
Hmm... if you're lending your car to someone else... can you set it up in a sort of limp mode with the speed limiter at 65 mph and rev limiter at 3500 rpm?

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:42 PM
Sounds awesome, I can't wait for peopel to get their hands on it and start tuning! There should be a dedicated forum, as I can see ALOT of threads on this topic.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search