HP Tuners Software update - Page 16 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:15 PM
I understand that was sarcasim, but it made me laugh, so I had to post it, I should have put.....

has anyone bought there software to beta test?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:18 PM
uh oh.. I know what I am getting

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:22 PM
chris orr wrote:This is starting to sound very good.

sorry havent really been reading all 16 pages so dont hurt me too bad but like said what about 05 and what about 96 why only 97-04

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:24 PM
^^^^^^ sorry wrong quote here we go
'Fire Starter (Seth) wrote:
98redcavz24 wrote:Well every few days I have been asking for an update on the forum over there and I finally got one from chris!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
short update:

- reading/flashing complete, including recovery. We sacrificed a little on the write time to ensure recovery worked without problem. Tested for all 97-04 hardware.
- all the cavalier/sunfire is basically ready to go for beta, only a few tweaks
- S10 should be finished very soon
- Cobalt still in progress

i expect as soon as we start shipping the USB, beta will begin. Those who own a 97-04 cavalier/sunfire and wanna be on the beta make sure you get your hands on the MPVI interface, we are taking pre-orders already.

Chris...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, what about 05s?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:56 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:I understand that was sarcasim, but it made me laugh, so I had to post it, I should have put.....

has anyone bought there software to beta test?

I'll be buying it as soon as I get paid, Monday or so...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:16 PM
let me know when you get it...... and hit me up on aim....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:34 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on this!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:51 PM
so its ready to buy? what? is it easy to learn how to use it? *since im computer savy*

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:03 AM
im about ready to get a laptop for this. lol

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:06 AM
ahhhhh *pulls hair out*, so is it out? or only for testing?

does it come with a manual or guide or something as to how to use it?

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:20 PM
Does anyone have the Beta spec requirements that they will be testing? What processor is required, etc.? I also assume that those of us with OBD-2 connectors that run to an OBD-1 PCM will be left outside in the cold (1995 2.2L LN2) ?

Btw, I read thru the first 5 pages and didn't see any useful information other than the repeating list of names from early '05...

Thx.

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!

Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:39 PM
Yes, you are correct, the OBD-I are not supported with thier software, and I don't believe they have any plans to do so in the future. The OBD-I ECU's are completely different beasts than the OBD-II ones.

As far as beta requirements go, I don't believe they have a list of "whats required", they just need to know that you can run the software, and you know kinda what you're doing with the parameters that you are editing. And that you can provide useful feedback and suggestions.

It has NOT been released for beta yet, but Kieth said all the Cav stuff was done, and he would let me know when I should place my order. I'm waiting on the go-ahead from Keith to place my order for the EIO cable.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:48 PM
damn can't wait

they been talkin bout, they wana know if its true , tell me if u like it, gurl tell me how u like, i can c u like me2, cos i know just what2do, baby gurl i know ur a freak now,...... .........
Monday, February 27, 2006 10:55 AM
comp req:

System Requirements
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 98SE or Better
350 MHz PC or Laptop
64 MB of RAM
USB Port

Recommended Requirements:
Windows 2000/XP or Better
650 MHz PC or Laptop
128 MB of RAM

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Monday, February 27, 2006 1:48 PM
Cool, my laptop meets all those specs

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, February 27, 2006 2:25 PM
I cant wait to see how well stuff works. As soon as someone gets ahold of it, post, post, post!!

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:16 PM
Bummer for us OBD-1 guys...
Guess I'm stuck trying to get a chip from Mantapart... <<sigh>>

Jrobz23: Thanks for the specs, tho!

L8r...

*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!
Monday, February 27, 2006 7:30 PM
also my 800MHz G4 iBook runs at about 350MHz in Virtual PC (dreams of a MacBook Pro). Your results may vary though. Just to give you an idea for those who want to run this in VPC on the a mac. g/l

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:39 PM
That's a great idea, but isn't the USB support through VPC and Windows sketchy at best? I'm not sure it would be worth the risk of trying a ECU reprogram through emulation software... It's been a while since I've messed with VPC (and a number of versions old, too). Perhaps the newer versions with Windows 2000 or XP are more stable when run on top of OS X.

But good thinking... And if it works, please post it up!

L8r...

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:45 PM
I think with XP pro it should be fine for sure, if not you could run in DOS compatability mode, any one agree?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:00 PM
The software is written in .NET, so DOS compatability mode really doesn't apply.

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:00 PM
Shifted wrote:The software is written in .NET, so DOS compatability mode really doesn't apply.

if so then GREAT! i have kept up with the Mono project and its rather well along. the WinForms on mac work rather well. I could test both Mono on OSX (PPC) and VPC. I hope they didnt use any libraries that Mono doesnt have finished in their frameowrk, and if so they bundled it in the exe. that would be great to run it on my iBook without needed VPC.

info for the programming minded :

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:03 PM
jb i havent had much of a problem with any usb devise in VPC. i use 6.1

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:50 PM
damnit..

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:57 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:
Shifted wrote:The software is written in .NET, so DOS compatability mode really doesn't apply.

if so then GREAT! i have kept up with the Mono project and its rather well along. the WinForms on mac work rather well. I could test both Mono on OSX (PPC) and VPC. I hope they didnt use any libraries that Mono doesnt have finished in their frameowrk, and if so they bundled it in the exe. that would be great to run it on my iBook without needed VPC.

info for the programming minded :

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Most of it is written in C#, I don't know if they use any custom framework objects, but I don't think they do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search