HP Tuners Software update - Page 22 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:40 AM
Quote:

No, it only costs you credits when you connect the first time, after that the vehicle is licensed and you can do unlimited tunes to that car.

For the 2 bar stuff, it will probably be 2 credits, so if you have a 2000 cavalier, like me, I'll use 2 credits to register my car, 2 credits for the 2 bar upgrade, and then i'll have 4 credits left over for whatever I want.

Now the question is for us 97-99 2.4 guys. Will I have to register a 2000 Cav to have access to the 2 bar upgrade since I have a 99??

I have the cash for the base setup so far

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:56 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I've got the cash......

speaking of which i have some i need to give you...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:10 AM
i would think youd have to register whichever car your car thinks it is..

aka 2001 Z pcm swapped into a 97 is a 2001 Z.. at least to the computer..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:00 AM
I have the software for my camaro. It is unreal what a little timing and fuel trim check does. It woke the heck up out of it. The software is easy to use. You just have to get used to using it and go step by step to figure it out. There is so much you can change its unreal. Once this software comes out im for sure going to be slapping a turbo on the car. Nothing beats HP Tuners.

Anyone BETA testing from here? Anyone know who is?

Kyle

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:41 PM
Kyle Maas wrote:I have the software for my camaro. It is unreal what a little timing and fuel trim check does. It woke the heck up out of it. The software is easy to use. You just have to get used to using it and go step by step to figure it out. There is so much you can change its unreal. Once this software comes out im for sure going to be slapping a turbo on the car. Nothing beats HP Tuners.

Anyone BETA testing from here? Anyone know who is?

Kyle

Yup, I know who it is, me

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:43 PM
Jason ( got boost?? ) wrote:
Quote:

No, it only costs you credits when you connect the first time, after that the vehicle is licensed and you can do unlimited tunes to that car.

For the 2 bar stuff, it will probably be 2 credits, so if you have a 2000 cavalier, like me, I'll use 2 credits to register my car, 2 credits for the 2 bar upgrade, and then i'll have 4 credits left over for whatever I want.

Now the question is for us 97-99 2.4 guys. Will I have to register a 2000 Cav to have access to the 2 bar upgrade since I have a 99??

I have the cash for the base setup so far

In order to use the 2 bar map, you WILL need a 2k ECU. You can turn off VATS so the car will run without the BCM, and you'll need to figure out how to wire in your cluster. But the short answer is yes, you will need a license for a 2000, or whatever year ECU you use.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:27 PM
im very excited about this i dont know how much its going to run but hopefully ill have the money for it. as long as it is user friendly i think i will be ok i just dont want to have to be some kind of superman to figure this out. that and i dont want to blow my car to bits for messing something up.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:29 PM
This is awesome. Keep us updated Shifted

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:03 PM
does this do data logging also like some of the current obd2 stuff like seeing knock sensor voltage and such

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:17 PM
shifted you rule, keep the good news rollin

ecopower
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:45 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:does this do data logging also like some of the current obd2 stuff like seeing knock sensor voltage and such

Yes, in fact the Pro version ($649), has black box logging, which means no need to have a laptop in your car to do logging. Its even better than most scan tools since you can combine PID's and sensor readings into whole custom equations, like long term fuel trim + short term fuel trim / 2, and it logs directly into a table form that you can port directly into the VCM editor to do tuning with.

Barry-

$649 for Pro (has 4 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs for widebands and other sensors along with black box logging), or $499 for basic.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:56 PM
HELL YA SHIFTED!!!!! Hurry up and get it relased do what you got to do. I WANT WANT WANT. Defiently getting the 2bar. Just need to get the program out then ill get my pcm with the gm VCI so they can write the code for the ecotec.... I want to do a custom turbo project. Why not...13second daily driver would be fun ehehhe....The posibilitys are ganna be out of control with some of the setups guys have on here....Just the stock motor with intake/header/exhaust.

HP TUNERS RULES!!!!!!!!
Kyle

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:20 PM
Those prices are great news! Best money I will spend on my Jbody other than the B&M short shift

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:15 PM
Kyle Maas wrote:HELL YA SHIFTED!!!!! Hurry up and get it relased do what you got to do. I WANT WANT WANT. Defiently getting the 2bar. Just need to get the program out then ill get my pcm with the gm VCI so they can write the code for the ecotec.... I want to do a custom turbo project. Why not...13second daily driver would be fun ehehhe....The posibilitys are ganna be out of control with some of the setups guys have on here....Just the stock motor with intake/header/exhaust.

HP TUNERS RULES!!!!!!!!
Kyle

I was trying to get my hands on the ECO flash..... but the person I contacted didnt want to share.

Guess I'll have to try another source....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:11 AM
Kyle Maas wrote:HELL YA SHIFTED!!!!! 13second daily driver would be fun ehehhe....

How bout a 10 second daily driver. lol
Hey Shifted the 2 Bar would only mean 14.5 psi taking the negative pressure into consideration as well.
Lets say I get a 2K Eco reflash and I wanna run 25 psi, which I need a 3 Bar MAP for what do I do after 14.5???
It will hurt most of use Turbo guys, and as everyone knows PSI is addictive and it sucks to see a brick wall infront of you at 14.5 psi.

BTW, I am running 16psi daily now?? Any luck for me?

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:07 AM
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:
Kyle Maas wrote:HELL YA SHIFTED!!!!! 13second daily driver would be fun ehehhe....

How bout a 10 second daily driver. lol
Hey Shifted the 2 Bar would only mean 14.5 psi taking the negative pressure into consideration as well.
Lets say I get a 2K Eco reflash and I wanna run 25 psi, which I need a 3 Bar MAP for what do I do after 14.5???
It will hurt most of use Turbo guys, and as everyone knows PSI is addictive and it sucks to see a brick wall infront of you at 14.5 psi.

BTW, I am running 16psi daily now?? Any luck for me?

You would need to use the 2 bar map, 2 bar OS, and tune accurately to 14.x PSI (the actual reading depends on location, my 1 bar actually reads slightly positive so I can go to about 15). You can then change the ECU so it thinks that 11.8-12:1 is "stoich", and it will try to achieve that regardless of what the map sensor is reading. So it isn't a brick wall, but more of a foam one...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:30 AM
I'm totally stoked!

I've seen what the Hondata programmer can do to an RSX-S and am excited by having those options for myself!

If there's anything unique about my car that would be helpful to you, just let me know. There's mention of all the different calibrations out there. Is there some way of identifying ones that they still require so people can arrange to get them for them?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:36 AM
hmm....

Neat.... but i want DSM link first

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:12 AM
Damn, I am still shafted into changing ECU's

Shifted, If I change to the 00-02 ECU..... I will have to figure out how to wire my 99 cluster or the 00-02 cluster??

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Engineered Performance
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:18 AM
Jason ( got boost?? ) wrote:Damn, I am still shafted into changing ECU's

Shifted, If I change to the 00-02 ECU..... I will have to figure out how to wire my 99 cluster or the 00-02 cluster??

maybe, but then why not just swap the whole dash as well?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:31 AM
I am replacing the cracked dash in my 99 in the next month or so. If I need to replace the cluster as well, I will buy a 00-02 dash and cluster at the same time

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Engineered Performance

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:31 AM

We wont know for sure till we get our hands on the software, and see what is all user modifyable...... But the 98 Z in my driveway is running a '02 PCM, BCM, and cluster.....

Taetsch Z24 wrote:Neat.... but i want DSM link first

Chris

Dont worry about it..... I'll have it

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:06 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

We wont know for sure till we get our hands on the software, and see what is all user modifyable...... But the 98 Z in my driveway is running a '02 PCM, BCM, and cluster.....

Taetsch Z24 wrote:Neat.... but i want DSM link first

Chris

Dont worry about it..... I'll have it

98 chassis, 2002 electronics, Sunfire gauges, 99 block, and 93 Acheiva tranny, what a monster.

Friday, March 17, 2006 8:41 AM
Any news??

Does the 00-02 cluster fit in the dash the same way the 95-99 does???

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Engineered Performance
Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:18 AM
I've been following the progress of this. I'm really interested in the possibilities for tuning like the Hondata PCM we have in one of the customers CRX's.

I'm curious as to how different a Gm Supercharger reflashed Grand Am pcm is compared to the j-body... They already have one for the 3.4 Grand Am. I just got a laptop two months ago, that needs use on the car.

Trying to hit 350hp+ as opposed to the 285hp I already have going on with the car.

These 440's running w/ an S-AFC throwing intermittent codes would be really nice to clear out. Does the HP software have abilities to adjust the traction control? It'd be pretty sweet to tie it in with the AEM wideband I have going on, and have it try to settle on 11.8-12.1 a/f ratio in WOT mode. ..... so much possibilities. Makes hitting 350-400hp so much more in reach. Possibly twist the MAP sensor for 3bar capabilities? Adjust the fuel tables, add a few to compensate, for the added hardcore madness....

I'm excited by this software and frustrated that there's no n-body 4cyl support when you guys get your j-body support and n-body v6 guys have their support. Leaving me in the dust. I'd upload my PCM's thoughts to HP in a second even just to see if the differences are close enough to be able to have this beautiful beautiful GM "Hondata" goodness for my car. The wonders of being able to ditch the piggyback bandaids... oooh lord.

I'm going to have to talk to 1320Motorsports down here in Vegas to see if we can send in my PCM's goodies to see what HP can do, if anything.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search