HP Tuners Software update - Page 11 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:43 PM
waiting

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:34 PM
slowolej wrote:Megasquirt isn't a company. It's the name of a fuel computer. The fact that it's taken off is cool, but it's because it was released freely that it's so popular (read no $$ involved). Before condemning people for wanting a solution that doesn't require many hours of understanding, ask yourself just how much you studied the digestive system before learning to eat.

Quote:

as a matter of fact all we "really" need is a way to get the binary reliably off the pcm, unencrypted, modified, re-encrypted, then reliably written back to it..

J-rob, have you looked at the solution on the GMECM page? It's definitely "back door" but it has worked for others.

Quote:

if this could be done (which it could but i and others do have day jobs) then tuner shops could alter stock tables and such to get the same functionality.

You must realize that there's many, many hours involved in locating and correctly identifying tables, constants, and switches. I've looked through several OBDI disassembly's which had incorrectly commented code. Imagine the nightmare caused if OBDII gets corrupted!

-->Slow

ill look into that stuff.. yeah man i know how crazy it would be to try to get at the lookup tables.. specially seeing how many there are. getting the bin decrypted (without corrupting) would prolly take that time down by 99% though. interesting stuff.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:02 PM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]waiting

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 AM
98redcavz24 wrote:

Mee too

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:29 AM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:
98redcavz24 wrote:

Mee too

Me Three

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:48 AM
Bump

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:28 PM
that looks painfull^^

"My name is Bruce, I live in a tree, I eat nuts and berries, hee hee hee hee."
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:48 AM
notice anything new about the HP tuners forums?

HP Tuners Forum

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Monday, December 19, 2005 12:11 PM
Well there's a L4 section on the homepage now, so that's encouraging, but no indication of when or whether the 2.4's and 2.2 OHV's will be supported (ecotec support is assumed at this point).

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800
Monday, December 19, 2005 12:12 PM
Grr

Blew it up
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:32 PM
this has got to be the longest thread in jbo history?

15.4 @ 89mph

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:33 PM
Not even close, there are threads floating around that surpass 10,000 posts in one thread.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:44 PM
deltron3030 wrote:this has got to be the longest thread in jbo history?

maybe close to #1 in the performance section.

I think hptuners looks at this project as their bastard child. They don't want to do it, but still make progress on it.

I also want to give props to hptuners for even considering us. Let alone get this far.

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:45 PM
f*ucking ridiculus basturds

15.4 @ 89mph
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:46 PM
you guys feeling the reuben pic

15.4 @ 89mph
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:48 PM
deltron3030 wrote:you guys feeling the reuben pic

silly you cant feel pictures

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, December 24, 2005 8:34 PM
anything new yet about this?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Sunday, December 25, 2005 7:22 AM
maybe santa wil bring us a nice ecu tunning software for christmas

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Sunday, December 25, 2005 7:55 AM
it would be very nice, i am waiting for this i think... but i cant wait forever....

Monday, December 26, 2005 3:17 AM
i wanna get some sort of tune done to my car and this seems to be the only way to accomplish it. Maybe im wrong at that point and there is some way to tune our cars but as far as my knowledge i have no clue. does anyone know if our cars are tunable without this?

Monday, December 26, 2005 3:45 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:i wanna get some sort of tune done to my car and this seems to be the only way to accomplish it. Maybe im wrong at that point and there is some way to tune our cars but as far as my knowledge i have no clue. does anyone know if our cars are tunable without this?

What are you trying to tune and what are you trying to tune for? Are you boosting?

There are other ways to tune but I can't suggest anything till I know what your goal is. If you want to talk privately or reply here, it's up to you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:06 AM
well im n/a for right now...... ive got some parts coming in..... tb, cams, along with the the parts that i already have header back exhaust, and intake..... ive got more things done to my car but its nothin to improve power as of right now and i just wanted to tune my motor out a lil bit then when i decide to boost i wanted to tune it for even more hp.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:22 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:well im n/a for right now...... ive got some parts coming in..... tb, cams, along with the the parts that i already have header back exhaust, and intake..... ive got more things done to my car but its nothin to improve power as of right now and i just wanted to tune my motor out a lil bit then when i decide to boost i wanted to tune it for even more hp.

In your case, here is my suggestion. Before you get all excited about buying this anytime soon, you might not need it. Now I say might. N/A, your A/F ratio is usually on point. I know you did some air modifications but the biggest modification to alter it was your camshaft upgrades. So by doing this, you A/F ratio is in question and is POSSIBLY off. Now before you spend hundreds of dollars on a tuning device you don't need, go to a dyno shop, tell them you want to check your WHP/TQ ratings along with your A/F ratio. They will tell you if you are lean, rich or stoich. I highly doubt you're lean, so being rich or stoich is your possibilities.

Now I am giving you this advice from personal experience but only difference is that I have a newer computer than yours and we have 2 different motors. I don't know how the 2.4 computers handle to camshaft changes. On my ECOTEC after a camshaft change, my top end was crap, found out it was cause I was running very rich. I bought an SAFC-2, turned it down (from an original dyno tuning) and I was good from that point. You can do the same thing. Install isn't that involved and you can find your PCM pinout codes.

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 4:40 AM
I would love for this to come out already, but I am not gonna hold my breath. it would be nice o not only perform the work on the cars but tune them as well

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:52 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
Z Speed Cavi wrote:well im n/a for right now...... ive got some parts coming in..... tb, cams, along with the the parts that i already have header back exhaust, and intake..... ive got more things done to my car but its nothin to improve power as of right now and i just wanted to tune my motor out a lil bit then when i decide to boost i wanted to tune it for even more hp.

In your case, here is my suggestion. Before you get all excited about buying this anytime soon, you might not need it. Now I say might. N/A, your A/F ratio is usually on point. I know you did some air modifications but the biggest modification to alter it was your camshaft upgrades. So by doing this, you A/F ratio is in question and is POSSIBLY off. Now before you spend hundreds of dollars on a tuning device you don't need, go to a dyno shop, tell them you want to check your WHP/TQ ratings along with your A/F ratio. They will tell you if you are lean, rich or stoich. I highly doubt you're lean, so being rich or stoich is your possibilities.

Now I am giving you this advice from personal experience but only difference is that I have a newer computer than yours and we have 2 different motors. I don't know how the 2.4 computers handle to camshaft changes. On my ECOTEC after a camshaft change, my top end was crap, found out it was cause I was running very rich. I bought an SAFC-2, turned it down (from an original dyno tuning) and I was good from that point. You can do the same thing. Install isn't that involved and you can find your PCM pinout codes.

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Come on now. I think what most people on this site do not understand is the N/A cars and the GM charged cars will get the biggest gain out of this programing. I'm not saying turbo cars will not gain, just saying I feel the N/A and the GM charged cars will gain the most.
Why?? N/A our cars run rich from the factory. Yes doing some mods like intake, cams etc.. can throw that off. This sytem will allow for us to tune better than a SAFC will. For a N/A car we could advance the timing some, correct fuel etc... I think with a person who knows how to tune doing it, a N/A car would pick up some unreal power with a set of cams.
For the GM charger guys, the GM flash retards a lot of timing. This is done so they can give a warranty, but this is killing power. There is many turbo cars not taking in timing out. Give some timing back to the GM flash and BAM!! see some sweet numbers!!!
This program will also help the turbo people to fully tune as well, but it has been proven you can run a turbo set-up with out fully programmable computer and make power. The turbo guys could use a GM reflash to start and program it to there likings.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search