Coming soon... - Page 13 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Coming soon...
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:31 PM
so since its open-source does that mean that maybe we will get a final product sooner?

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:01 AM
I'm hoping it helps, although the development isn't public domain (a free-for-all), but anybody who wishes to join the development is welcome to contact me and discuss it. I don't want just anybody developing in there, I'd like them to know something about ECU and embedded development.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 08, 2008 1:08 AM
^^^^^Agreed. I don't want my ECU to @!#$ a brick at 6000+ rpm. Keep up the good work Shifted! Hope re-hab is going well.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:30 PM
Shifted wrote:^ After you activate your account (says its inactive) I will add you into the project.

Done and done.
Friday, May 09, 2008 7:28 AM
Added.

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:11 PM
This is a board I'm working on at work, its almost ready for prototype, it uses exactly the same processor, same crystals, same power supply, so its a huge stepping stone on the ECU board.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:46 PM
looking good buddy.

not using a BGA processor... that's good. looks pretty easy to solder by hand.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, May 10, 2008 6:28 PM
We have a very nice hot air station at work that will make soldering that as easy as pointing an air gun and melting solder

Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:07 PM
we've got one at work too. haven't learned to use it yet... but soon.

Desert Tuners

Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:23 PM
Excellent forward progress. I am getting excited about this.

I am really beginning to get frustrated with HPT. So is my wife since I spend so much time out working on the car. On a good note I did get my MPG up to 26mpg highway with the 750cc injectors.

Darryn

2004 Cavalier coupe, 5 speed, White
GO
Hahn Stage 2, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.9, SS Valves, Dual valve springs, valve job, Ti seats and retainers
spec stage 3, Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, Short Shifter
Slotted and dimpled rotors, EBC green stuff
SHOW
VIS EVO CF hood, KOBE KAM 5 17", Nexxen N3000, Ebay Black tails and filler, 5% tint
Gold line springs, Tokiko D-spec struts
ELECTRONICS
Kenwood in-dash DVD and Navigation, single Kicker CompVR
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2974835
Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:28 PM
Curious shifted....as im very very intrested in this and will be second in line to buy one..lol..

Is this going to have a "learn" like will it be able to run off the bat and you can "tune" it for better resoluton and such?

Or will you have a site to give a base tune or something along those lines? Or atleast a general direction..

Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:38 PM
It should (after I get people with different kinds of cars) have a base to go off of. It will also "learn" in a sense as well. Tuning is going to be fairly easy, with target AFR ratio's put into the VE tables rather than confusing percentage numbers.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:23 PM
You sir are awsome..this is exactly what i want/need..
Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:19 PM
every time i come into the tuning forum i get excited when there is an update, Im learning and soon enough ill be ready for some real tuning.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:39 PM
OK I didn't have time to read this entire post so I would just like a few quick answers to get up to speed on this cause this sounds exactally like what I am looking for, for my 98.

1) Is this still going to be a direct replacement. You unbolt bolt is and start your car everything works like majic.

2) For us pre 00 guys will this be able to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor.

3) Is this going to come ready to run automatics, if not how long till it will be.

I have more but I am about to fall asleep. This is my main concerns at this time. Also do you have a timeline on how soon this will be avalible. As soon as the 2200 valve spring crisis is figured out I will be building my engine and would be needing this soon after.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 6:39 PM
Ronnie (SpeedLabMotorsports) wrote:OK I didn't have time to read this entire post so I would just like a few quick answers to get up to speed on this cause this sounds exactally like what I am looking for, for my 98.

1) Is this still going to be a direct replacement. You unbolt bolt is and start your car everything works like majic.

2) For us pre 00 guys will this be able to run a 2 or 3 bar map sensor.

3) Is this going to come ready to run automatics, if not how long till it will be.

I have more but I am about to fall asleep. This is my main concerns at this time. Also do you have a timeline on how soon this will be avalible. As soon as the 2200 valve spring crisis is figured out I will be building my engine and would be needing this soon after.

1. No, I can't find the plug sockets that our ECU's use, at least not in a reasonable quantity. There will be some minor wiring involved.

2. Yes

3. Not right away, but it is in the works. I'll have to piggy back an automatic transmission controller on it since the processor won't support what it takes to control the tranny.

No timeline yet, but I am making progress, here are current schematics of the processor and analog inputs. Not everything is on there yet, still a work in progress...

Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:45 PM
awesome. I've been staring at those schematics for 20 minutes now.

will it eventually take wideband inputs?

Desert Tuners

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:44 PM
Most widebands have a 0-5v output, you'll be able to plug it into any of the 0-5V channels. The ECU is configurable as I'm designing it, you can connect any 0-5V sensor into any 0-5V channel and set some settings in the software and it'll use the right channel for the right stuff.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:31 PM
Thats just awesome. Can't wait to see what we can do with this. Keep up the good work.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:45 PM
Hey Shifted,
I like what you're doing for the J fans. I have a few questions though. Will this ECU allow real-time tuning or will it be just like HP Tuners? I don't like HP Tuners because of needing the vehicle off, therefor it really isn't being tuned like it needs to be. Another thing is, what are you doing about the BCM and gauges?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:01 PM
I'm aiming for Real Time tuning, its on my list...

Gauges will be driven through J1850, not sure about the BCM and mileage, I'm still working through the details on that.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:36 PM
So is there a current updated time frame for this project Shifted? Only reason why I ask is because I am looking at the HPT right now. This would be way better. Sorry to hear about the crash man, i feel you though. I almost got ran off the road by a school bus and then a truck.

Mike OUT
01' Chevrolet Cavalier (241fwhp@14psi on Pump 93
40mpg)
: 2200 Toyota Engine (No internal work), 5 Speed w 350ft
lb Trq Clutch, T3/T4 Log Mani w T3/T04E T31, Ford Mustang GT 30lb
injectors, Cobalt SS 2bar MAP, LC-1 WB, HP Tuners all the way!, WW
Lip Kit, Z24 Wing, 17in Rims & Tires (8in wide), KYB 2 Adj Struts
w KSport Lowering Springs, 2 & 1/2in to 2 & 3/4in Custom Exhaust,
Magnaflow 3in Muffler Tip Combo , BMW Silver, Short Shifter, ect...
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:42 PM
^^^ X2 I'm kinda dragging out doing my supercharger setup to see if i can gt my grubby lil mitts on one of these.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:29 PM
^^^ X3. i'm still looking at a pile of parts just hoping the hardware and software come together by august lol.

Friday, June 06, 2008 12:54 AM
Hey Shifted,

I'm interested in getting on board with this. If you check my history I've headed up the ODB1 project and have pretty much cracked into the ODB1 pcm.

Anyway I been reading the forum, i like your designs. I think a faster pcm will definately be better than the MSnS setup.

I do have experience with stand alones also, i've been working with my buddy on installing his microsquirt.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search