Coming soon... - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Coming soon...
Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:55 PM
... thoes are not good GM part numbers.

is that a SPX number?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:33 PM
Taetsch Z24 those are the part numbers listed in GM's service information.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:34 PM
I believe those are the Delphi part numbers.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:40 PM
well i just put them in ADP at work....

"part number not in GM online master cat."

ill call part-tec tomaro for you Ron, what ever my cost is, is your cost.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:22 PM
well...... I call dibs on Beta testing......

GL Ron

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:46 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:well...... I call dibs on Beta testing......

GL Ron

Dont worry i already told him that

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:04 PM
You GREEN's can have all the Beta testing you want once I get finished with the Alpha testing......
Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:02 PM
Sounds like there should be some pretty good options with tis board.. if something like this could actually control the BCM and cluster, with a stock P&P connector... you may just be the smartest man alive.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, July 02, 2007 11:07 PM
This sounds great hope you can make it fly.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:59 AM
Is this a standalone system that can be easily changed with a laptop and specific software.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:53 AM
Ya, so me and josh are arguing on this too.

He's sayin that "not open source" means that it can't be changed.
He's also sayin that "These are not stock ECU's with my tunes, these are a complete ECU replacement" means that it's another ECU that is exactly the same but with upgraded parts.

I see it as this...
---open source means that you can't change the actual code of the program but you can obviously change settings and stuff.
---also this means that it's a complete ECU replacement and that it replaces the stock ECU. I was also reading and I saw peeps talking about having to wire in the ECU unless plugs could be found that would fit right in.

So once again we'll see who's right.

-Seth

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 3:38 AM
good luck ron, i hope you get this thing finished....it sounds like the end of all the Jbody's troubles in tuning.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:37 AM
wizkiddrummer wrote:Ya, so me and josh are arguing on this too.

He's sayin that "not open source" means that it can't be changed.
He's also sayin that "These are not stock ECU's with my tunes, these are a complete ECU replacement" means that it's another ECU that is exactly the same but with upgraded parts.

I see it as this...
---open source means that you can't change the actual code of the program but you can obviously change settings and stuff.
---also this means that it's a complete ECU replacement and that it replaces the stock ECU. I was also reading and I saw peeps talking about having to wire in the ECU unless plugs could be found that would fit right in.

So once again we'll see who's right.

-Seth

Open source software is where I would freely hand out the source code, which I'm not doing. You will be able to edit all the editable parameters that make the ECU does what it does, so it is tunable. 95% of people wouldn't know what do do with the source code anyway.

The ECU is not "exactly the same but with upgraded parts", its a completely different ECU. The stock ECU has a super slow (8mhz) processor that just can't do what I want it to do. I'll be building my ECU based on a 100mhz or better processor and a whole lot of new circuits that will control and read different sensors, along with the stock ones, like wideband, nitrous, boost, accelerometers, etc.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:48 AM
so your saying 95% of the people really wouldnt know how to tune it anyways?

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:50 AM
Which I think is wrong because you're saying 95% of the people wouldn't know how to edit the source code, meaning perl, C++, Java, etc. but that everybody should be able to edit the parameters and tune it.

-Seth

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:51 AM
and would u be able to edit this with a laptop and once its edited you could get rid of your stock ecu

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:55 AM
Right

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 11:57 AM
so is it considered a standalone system or what?

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:15 PM
Yes

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:22 PM
Unless you plan on having the car tune itself you really don't need a more powerfull processor unless your planning on using a higher level language(anything other than Assembly). The level of math done by your average car ecu is fairly simple because all the sensors are sending you straight serial data, or voltage.

What is it specifically that you need so much power for. Also unless you make this the same price or cheaper than Megasquirt I'm not so sure it would be porfitable.

-Chris

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:31 PM
IamRascal wrote:Unless you plan on having the car tune itself you really don't need a more powerfull processor unless your planning on using a higher level language(anything other than Assembly). The level of math done by your average car ecu is fairly simple because all the sensors are sending you straight serial data, or voltage.

What is it specifically that you need so much power for. Also unless you make this the same price or cheaper than Megasquirt I'm not so sure it would be porfitable.

"Unless you plan on having the car tune itself..."

The ECU will be written in C, assembly isn't my strong point although I can optimize with it. This ECU will be doing a lot more than just running ignition and injectors, including driving the cluster (if I can), communication through Ethernet, on board logging, and some stuff with 2 axis accelerometers (requires double integration). I wouldn't call 2 dimensional interpolation "simple math".... I'll also have an auto-tune mode that holds the AF right where you want it based on RPM and MAP in a 16x16 table.

As far as being cheaper or more expensive than the MS, again, I have a daily job that pays well, if I make 1 and sell 0 then its no skin off my back, it doesn't keep me from putting food on the table.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:39 PM
So what does this mean for us with HP Tuners already? Would this ECU be editable through HP? Would a discount be in effect for those of us that already have said program and only need the ECU at that point (for limited time of course)?

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:17 PM
04BLKSleeper ~(AKA RikiMenace) wrote:So what does this mean for us with HP Tuners already? Would this ECU be editable through HP? Would a discount be in effect for those of us that already have said program and only need the ECU at that point (for limited time of course)?

This would not be editable through HPT, I'm not affiliated with HPT or its software. This ECU would need its own tuning software (would come with the ECU) so it really wouldn't have any discounts, unless I did an initial GP.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:47 PM
Okay thanks for clarifying that!

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Friday, July 06, 2007 6:12 AM
This went over my head lol. Can you put all that info into one thing, i dont understand that Machanic talk lol. Whats the Point of this "ECU"? in short terms?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search