speed-pro ECU... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speed-pro ECU...
Sunday, November 09, 2008 3:26 PM
hey guys, trying to get some information on a federal mogual 'speed-pro' ECU.

Back ground- came off the gm technic concept car, used to run a custom m62 setup... its spliced into the main harness. im looking to get some information on this thing, i cant seem to find anything.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =

Re: speed-pro ECU...
Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:48 PM
if you can't seem to find any info on it then its pretty much worthless......sucks.

<table>hello</table>
Monday, November 10, 2008 4:24 AM
Email tracy.neil@federalmogul.com or call 248-354-9282 from Federal Mogul. See was very helpful at sema. She seemed like a mover and get @!#$ done person.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 10, 2008 6:20 AM
found a little out... this ecu eventually turned into the 'FAST' ecu units now sold...

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Monday, November 10, 2008 6:44 AM
Did you call or email tracy?

Link to GM article.

Lots of info....
Brad the last link might help....also Corvette guys seem to love it.

This...might be the software to talk to the ECU.
C-Com WP™.......
Also a free download..... wink wink
Well at least according to the grand national people it is the right program, but F.A.S.T. people should know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 10, 2008 7:09 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, November 10, 2008 10:34 AM
Brad where is that wired into the harness at? Is it where the bulhead connector under the break booster is.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, November 10, 2008 11:38 AM
interesting piece there.

Monday, November 10, 2008 12:53 PM
So if I understand this correctly...this is a full standalone??

Since this techology was good in it's time but it is about 10yrs old now how does it compare to tuning our ECU with HP Tuners. Would he be better off tuning using the speed pro or scrapping it to go with HP Tuners. I know the speed pro system was reading from a 2 bar map and since this is going on a 97 z24 he would have to create a fake 2bar to use HPT right??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 10, 2008 12:57 PM

Monday, November 10, 2008 8:42 PM
i would say if we can get our hands on the software to tune with and way to do it... the speed-pro would be best.

it is wired into the exact same spot a stock one is. its like they chopped off the stock plugs and wired the speed-pro plugs in.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:42 AM
I have to agree with Brad. Also, pm about the eaton....if you have it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:02 PM
now my question is, the donor car was a 97 correct?

Does this mean you have a stand alone that has OBD II in mind, or since it was a concept car did they just run the stand alone and screw emissions standards?

Either way, I would run that. I am sure it is set up for SD, not alpha N even though several 97 cars were SD, not all were.

At least it is something to run until you get a tuner, and find out what you want to tune with.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:41 PM
he already has HPT...

ive been in conact with a pretty knowledgable guy and he says its one of the best stand alone's that came out back then. he also said were missing a cable, which is $99 and if we would like to use a wideband 02, we need a fast 02 and its $350.00.

he said that its completely tunable, well beyond HPT's limits.

john, yep.. the car was a 97. his is a 96 but 97 ECU and harness swapped. thing is though... the stock computer isnt even used so it has nothing to do with it.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:57 PM
I would hook up any known good wideband and go for a drive. I would bet money it is pretty close to a perfect tune already. The major thing would be that it idles OK and keeps a safe AFR. At least you will know if it is driveable although I would refrain from really geting on it until you can monitor knock ect. I bet it was somewhat tuned to a similar engine so it should be pretty close.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:59 PM
well the technic had a forged pistons and rods, lower compression, a ported head and cams. might have even had more but thats really all i could find.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:11 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well the technic had a forged pistons and rods, lower compression, a ported head and cams. might have even had more but thats really all i could find.

My bad. I thought they put it in an all stock engine. Did the techic get run at the dragstrip or on the dyno that you know of.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:58 AM
IIRC it ran a pathetic 14.7?

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:58 PM
GM claimed 250hp (crank). They actually did more road corse driving with it then drag, and then it went on the show circuit.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:19 PM
there was two tho right auto and mannual what the mannual get?

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:54 PM
having two is a myth IMO. maybe it was for real but until i have prove of two i aint going to believe it.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:20 AM
There was two. At a show or a bash...can not remember. One was on the track, while the other was at the show. Also there use to be pictures of the manual and auto interiors floating around somewhere. They where sightly different. I believe the auto was more show...interior wise.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:31 AM
Heres the info about the TECHNIC!!!

http://www.v6z24.com/misc/concepts/technique

The 4-banger has a high-output crankshaft and connecting rods, special dished pistons, high-flow fuel injectors, high-lift camshafts and stronger valve springs.

^^^ by meaning high-output crank and connecting rods does that mean its from the 2.3l HO ???? ^^^^^^^^^^

Bottle fed Z and M45 Fire

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:25 AM
well that gives you lots of info about the motor this came off of, and I am assuming that the "HO" parts are forged.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:07 PM
well the one in the link is a five speed...
bla...Anyone notice the.......three rotor m62?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:18 PM
i have noticed the 5 speed part but i think the ecu we have is for the auto and yes the 3 rotor m62 is kinda weird or typo also it says it was runnin 11.5psig if thats what the pressure its gonna run he'll need a built motor for sure

Bottle fed Z and M45 Fire
Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:20 PM
I'm pretty damn sure there was an auto and 5 speed technic(s).

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search