2002 Sunfire GT clear bumper turn signal lights... - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2002 Sunfire GT clear bumper turn signal light
Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:07 PM
I wanna think they're the same size, some use the fogs in the Streetfire front bumper, and it uses the same mounting as the 95-99 turn signal's up front.

Friday, August 25, 2006 9:00 AM
when i had my sunfire it was the 00-02 ones i took the round orange lights of the front of it and i went to GM and told then i wanted the round clean lights of the 95-99 GT sunfires the showed me a pic of them on the computer told them thats the ones and i bought them for $75 then went to auto zone bought the nicer silverstar bulbs that look blue but light up amber and put them in there and they looked nice. as for the side orange bar lights went to ebay and bought them for the front and the back.
Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:58 AM
I did a search via www.gm-parts-dealer.com and it came up with 2 searches with part # 5978215.

Part Number Search Results : Collision Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
Front lamps - Park and signal lamps - Park/turn lamp
Park/turn lamp Back - 1995-02 1995-99 w/gt 1995 - 1999

$28.42

Are these the round clear ones that I can use for clear turn signals for my 2001 Sunfire GT?

P.s They do ship to Canada
Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:48 PM
Ricky M wrote:I did a search via www.gm-parts-dealer.com and it came up with 2 searches with part # 5978215.

Part Number Search Results : Collision Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
Front lamps - Park and signal lamps - Park/turn lamp
Park/turn lamp Back - 1995-02 1995-99 w/gt 1995 - 1999

$28.42

Are these the round clear ones that I can use for clear turn signals for my 2001 Sunfire GT?

P.s They do ship to Canada

I don't know what you did to come up with that ^, but all you need to do is go GM Parts Direct's homepage and up in the lefthand corner is a box that says "enter part #". Simply type the part number in the box and hit and "go". This is what should come up if you follow those directions:

GM PART #: #5978215
CATEGORY: Parking Turn Signal Lamp
PACK QTY: 1
DESCRIPTION: LAMP
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $37.89
OUR PRICE: $23.65

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:49 AM
do you know off the top of your head if the bulb is white, or yellow?

I know it is "illegal" to have clean turn signals, but i'll be fine as long as the side markers stay yellow...or the bulb atleast
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:30 AM
The bulbs are easy to change...I have the silverstar bulbs in my turns and they look blueish during the day but give off a bright amber light when they are on.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:26 PM
[quote=Shädowƒire (mahcmos)]The bulbs are easy to change...I have the silverstar bulbs in my turns and they look blueish during the day but give off a bright amber light when they are on.

Bringing this thread up from the dead..

Where can I buy those silverstar bulbs you're talking about? Can i just search for a product number or something like that? Are they cheaper than the ones GM Parts are selling? Also, just making sure, these bulbs are for 99 GT as well right?

TIA for the answers!
Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:24 PM
Jeff G wrote:Where can I buy those silverstar bulbs you're talking about? Can i just search for a product number or something like that? Also, just making sure, these bulbs are for 99 GT as well right?

You can find the Silver Star signal bulbs Shadowfire is referring to at any Auto Zone, Pep Boys, NAPA, etc. I believe the correct size for a '99 Sunfire GT front bumper signal bulb is 3157.

Jeff G wrote:Are they cheaper than the ones GM Parts are selling?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're referring to the clear light housings themselves, the only place to get them is from GM Parts Direct, a GM dealer or a junkyard. If you're referring to something else please let me know so I can point you in the right direction.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:34 PM
Yep you can get the Silverstar bulbs at most auto parts stores. They are around $20 for a pair of the bulbs.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:42 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Shadowfire (mahcmos) wrote:Heres a question. Do the round turns mount like the fogs do? What I'm asking is would the turn signal lights mount in the fog light holes in my front bumper??

I don't know if that would work because I'm pretty sure the fog lights are bigger than the front bumper signals. Don't hold me to it though.

Oh and J TO ENVY you were right about the fogs being bigger than the turn signal housings.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:42 PM
Shadowfire wrote:Yep you can get the Silverstar bulbs at most auto parts stores. They are around $20 for a pair of the bulbs.

It's just too bad that they don't make them in 194 for the side markers .

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:44 PM
Shadowfire wrote:Oh and J TO ENVY you were right about the fogs being bigger than the turn signal housings.

Yeah, it's only a slight difference, but they're definitely bigger.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:53 PM
^^The fogs stick out farther too. When I tried mounting the turn signals in the fog light holes they were recessed too far back. I may work up a little something for that tho.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:57 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Jeff G wrote:Where can I buy those silverstar bulbs you're talking about? Can i just search for a product number or something like that? Also, just making sure, these bulbs are for 99 GT as well right?

You can find the Silver Star signal bulbs Shadowfire is referring to at any Auto Zone, Pep Boys, NAPA, etc. I believe the correct size for a '99 Sunfire GT front bumper signal bulb is 3157.

Thanks a lot. This answered my question. I was just asking about the bulbs. I have a 99 Sunfire GT, so i just have to replace the amber signal bulb with the sylvania ones and they're good to go? And it's not difficult replacing those bulbs eh? I guess I'm off to Lordco or Canadian Tire tomorrow. I wish I read this before I left for Canadian Tire earlier.
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:03 PM
Shadowfire wrote:^^The fogs stick out farther too. When I tried mounting the turn signals in the fog light holes they were recessed too far back. I may work up a little something for that tho.

Yep, they certainly do.

Jeff G wrote:Thanks a lot. This answered my question. I was just asking about the bulbs. I have a 99 Sunfire GT, so i just have to replace the amber signal bulb with the sylvania ones and they're good to go? And it's not difficult replacing those bulbs eh? I guess I'm off to Lordco or Canadian Tire tomorrow. I wish I read this before I left for Canadian Tire earlier.

You're welcome .

Yep, all you have to do is remove the plastic radiator cover, remove the headlights and pull the bulbs out from the turn signal housings. Put the new bulbs into the harnesses, then back into the housings, replace the headlights and radiator cover and you're good to go. Good luck . Don't be afraid to post if you run into any issues along the way.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:08 PM
bookmarked. Good info Carrie

Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:12 PM
Kardain wrote:bookmarked. Good info Carrie

w00t

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:14 PM
Another question, has anyone tried the 3157 LED lights that is all over the place on ebay? or even the regular 3157 bulbs? How are they? And I was thinking of putting clear turn signal lights, that wont switch to amber when turned on. I just hope the cops here in Vancouver wont give me a hard time.
Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:21 PM
I have/had (had as in the front bumper is off the car temporarily) LED 3157's in my SE turn signals and no problems whatsoever.

typically, white and amber are allowable colors for turn signals.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 1:11 PM
I've been looking into a similar mod. This is an old thread, but hopefully someone can tell me...

Can we just use the clear lamps out of a 2002 Firebird? I'm not sure, but I think they are the same 3.5" size and take the same size bulbs...plus they are cheaper @ $36.00/pr. as opposed to $60.00

AznPersuazn
Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:51 PM
Craig Kalinowski wrote:I've been looking into a similar mod. This is an old thread, but hopefully someone can tell me...

Can we just use the clear lamps out of a 2002 Firebird? I'm not sure, but I think they are the same 3.5" size and take the same size bulbs...plus they are cheaper @ $36.00/pr. as opposed to $60.00

If there's a price difference, chances are they're not the same exact size and thus won't fit a Sunfire properly. If you really think they'll fit, check out car-part.com to see if you can find a Firebird in a junkyard near you to get a light from to test fit on your Sunfire.

FYI GMPartsCenter.net has the 1995-1999 Sunfire GT clear front marker lights (#5978215) for $30.60 each + $7.99 handling = $69.19 a pair. GMPC.net often runs promotions such as 5% off orders over $50.00, 10% off orders over $100.00, etc. so just keep an eye out for that to get a better deal .

Saturday, July 07, 2012 9:08 AM
As for the rectangular lights on the side of the front and rear bumpers they are easy to get ahold of on eBay I think I paid around 30 bucks a set...
Monday, July 16, 2012 8:46 PM
can you put sliverlight bulbs in for your fog lights?
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:37 PM
Adam wrote:can you put sliverlight bulbs in for your fog lights?

Do you mean SilverStar bulbs? If so, Sylvania does have the correct size to fit the fog lights of a 2000-2002 Sunfire GT. You would need 880.

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:07 AM
Hey ender where did you get your side clear turn lights? I would like them on my 97 sungire gt.

do you use a clear bulb with that clear lens or u use amber?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search