sunfire gt clear bumper lenses - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire gt clear bumper lenses
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:13 PM
Heyi was thinking of possibally putting a gt bumper on my sedan; and i was wondering if there is any site that sells clear lenses for the sunfire gt bumper in either style gt bumper; have seen them in pics, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

98 j-body sedan

Re: sunfire gt clear bumper lenses
Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:40 AM
Yes. For the round turn signals on the front, you can get them clear from GM. The 95-99 GT's have clear lenses.

For the rectangular ones on the sides, there's a company selling them on eBay. They're quality parts.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:29 PM
Thanks buddy

98 j-body sedan

Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:47 PM
heh. You're from NS and called me buddy.

That's just funny.

Check out Steve Smith's car. He's in St. John's (actually... will be here tomorrow partying it up with the Precizion crew) and has the GT bumper on his sedan.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 8:46 PM
as do i

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:19 AM
Oh right on, thanks buddy,LOL
Yeah i actually have a pic of that guys sedan saved on my computer; is his sedan silver with the gt frontl color matched light covers, etc.... he does autocross, beautful sedan.
Thanks again

98 j-body sedan

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:21 AM
Emok wrote:as do i

What year gt bumper is on your car?
Any problems putting it on; just bolt right up?
Thanks.

98 j-body sedan

Friday, April 21, 2006 5:17 AM
look for sidemarkers for a 00-02 Sunfire, its the same sidemarker lense used on the older GT models (95-99). I think the rear bumper lenses from a 00-02 Firebird are the same as well, i'd check up ebay for sure, its where i got my set.

Friday, April 21, 2006 5:28 AM
96 gt, bolted right on. no problems

Friday, April 21, 2006 6:14 AM
terry denomme wrote:Oh right on, thanks buddy,LOL
Yeah i actually have a pic of that guys sedan saved on my computer; is his sedan silver with the gt frontl color matched light covers, etc.... he does autocross, beautful sedan.
Thanks again

Yep, that's the one. And those are my old GT wheels he uses.

When doing the swap, you'll also want the absorber (crush panel) that goes behind the bumper. It will give it the proper support to hold its shape and provide the proper protection in a crash.

I actually did the opposite... I swapped from a 00-02 GT bumper to the 00-02 SE one.

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:10 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:For the round turn signals on the front, you can get them clear from GM. The 95-99 GT's have clear lenses.

F.Y.I. the part number for them is: #5978215 .

terry denomme wrote:Yeah i actually have a pic of that guys sedan saved on my computer; is his sedan silver with the gt frontl color matched light covers, etc.... he does autocross, beautful sedan.

OMG! I absolutely love that car *drools*! Don't get me wrong, I love my car to death, but man do I wish I had a silver Sedan . I see 'em driving down the street and I can't help but think how sweet it would be to have a modded Sunfire Sedan . Talk about standing out even more . I <3 Sunfire Sedans!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 6:14 AM
sedans are were it's at; i am alreday for kids with my sedan and i will get them to school in style,LOL
Yeah buddys silver sedan is sweet; wish mine looked that good; i need a gt bumper.

98 j-body sedan

Saturday, April 22, 2006 6:48 AM
terry denomme wrote:i need a gt bumper.

that you do

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:27 AM
terry denomme wrote:sedans are were it's at

Damn straight! That's why if you look at my registry I have a 2002 Ultra Silver Metallic Sunfire SE Sedan listed as my dream car .

@ terry denomme & Emok: Do you guys have Car Domain sites or something? I would really like to see some pictures of both your Sedans.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:35 AM
no, but heres the last post i made with pics, hopefully going out again today since its really nice

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=210065&t=210065#210065

Saturday, April 22, 2006 11:55 AM
Emok wrote:no, but heres the last post i made with pics, hopefully going out again today since its really nice

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=210065&t=210065#210065

Very nice! Clean, simple and a real attention grabber! My kind of 'fire ! Keep up the good work and please keep me updated.

Monday, April 24, 2006 3:05 PM
I do, but i will give my cardomain site to you when my girlfriend puts some newer pics on there tonight hoefully.
You guys both have beautiful sedan's. Love them alot.
J-to envy; is that an ecotech engine under the hood in your siggy?
Its just the headlights are the older style, but the engine looks like an ecotech; around here the ecotechs started in 03; with the newer headlights.

98 j-body sedan

Monday, April 24, 2006 3:48 PM
terry denomme wrote:I do, but i will give my cardomain site to you when my girlfriend puts some newer pics on there tonight hoefully.
You guys both have beautiful sedan's. Love them alot.
J-to envy; is that an ecotech engine under the hood in your siggy?
Its just the headlights are the older style, but the engine looks like an ecotech; around here the ecotechs started in 03; with the newer headlights.

Sounds good. Definitely let me know when your girlfriend gets the new pictures up, I am anxious to see your Sedan.

Yes, it's an ECOTEC. Here in the States, GM started implementing the ECOTECs in mid to late 2002.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:26 PM
Yes i thought the states started with the ecotech in the j-body earlier then here in canada, that is awesome.
Here is my site; not much changed in awhile now; money is tight; but here it is,lol
http://www.cardomain.com/my/edit_page?page_id=2062542

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:39 PM
Beautiful silver coupe you have j-to envy; really dressed up nice under the hood; first car i have ever seen where the coolant resevoir had been paintted; really neat idea, and it looks awesome. I like your moms sedan; maby some day she will let you mod it out.

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:30 PM
terry denomme wrote:Yes i thought the states started with the ecotech in the j-body earlier then here in canada, that is awesome.
Here is my site; not much changed in awhile now; money is tight; but here it is,lol

I love the color of your Sedan! The clear front bumper signals look awesome. Your new hood really looks good as well.

terry denomme wrote:Beautiful silver coupe you have j-to envy; really dressed up nice under the hood; first car i have ever seen where the coolant resevoir had been paintted; really neat idea, and it looks awesome. I like your moms sedan; maby some day she will let you mod it out.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I have really come to take a lot of pride in my engine compartment as it is the part of the car that receives the most attention from people as of late. I actually got the idea to paint the coolant and brake fluid reservoirs from my friend Jay. He has it done on his Cavalier and I just thought it made the whole engine compartment look so much cleaner. I am really happy I did it, especially considering how nasty the reservoirs were starting to look.

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I have a lot of plans for my mom's car. Unfortunately most of them will probably never be realized, but then again... who knows? I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for Sunfire Sedans and I have made a vow that someday I will own a 2002 ultra silver metallic Sunfire SE Sedan with an ECOTEC engine and it will be bad ass .

If you ever have any questions or anything, please feel free to email me any time: j_to_envy@yahoo.com. I am always more than willing to help people, especially fellow Sunfire owners .

Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words as well,lol...
Will e-mail ya sometime, thanks.
I guess we should get back to gt bumpers; love them, want one; wonder how much the dealer wants for a new one; more then an aftermarket clip(body kit) i imagine.

98 j-body sedan

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:29 PM
I disagree that sedans are better. They are a touch heavier and far less stylish. Coupes were designed for poor teenagers who can't afford a Camaro. Sedans were designed for poor single parents who can't afford a Taurus station wagon.
Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:20 PM
terry denomme wrote:Thanks for the kind words as well,lol...
Will e-mail ya sometime, thanks.
I guess we should get back to gt bumpers; love them, want one; wonder how much the dealer wants for a new one; more then an aftermarket clip(body kit) i imagine.

No problem .

As far as the bumper goes, I'm not sure if you're looking for a '95-'99 or '00-'02, but I searched on eBay and found a few '95-'99 bumpers. I would definitely keep an eye on eBay because they were quite a few OEM front bumpers on there, although no '00-'02 GTs .

1995-1999 GT front bumper for $189.90 + $55.00 shipping

1995-1999 GT front bumper for $189.90 + $40.00 shipping

1995-1999 GT front bumper for $24.99 + $59.85 shipping (this one is painted and I think it might be the same color as your car )

Andrew Woodside wrote:I disagree that sedans are better. They are a touch heavier and far less stylish. Coupes were designed for poor teenagers who can't afford a Camaro. Sedans were designed for poor single parents who can't afford a Taurus station wagon.

I respect your opinion, but obviously the majority of people who have posted in this thread disagree with you so why even make a post like this ?

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:23 PM
This andrew dick need's to get a life.
I cant stand people who totally come on here shooting there mouth off about nothing.
i never said sedans were better; i love all j-bodys; yeah coupes are more sporty; but i am not a perent, and i am not old, and i own a sedan, so what is your point buddy; tarus...... what kind of crack are you on; i would never pick a tarus over a j-sedan, anyways......
Thanks carrie for posting the bumpers forsale, appreciate that.

98 j-body sedan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search