fixed and painted C/F hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fixed and painted C/F hood
Sunday, January 07, 2007 11:16 PM
some may like this and others will hate it,but i had no choice but to paint the hood do to some major damage. giving props to Kustom Konceptz for the great job

Re: fixed and painted C/F hood
Monday, January 08, 2007 5:57 AM
very nice.... how well does the paint match?

how many miles are on ur car?

Monday, January 08, 2007 6:14 AM
^white and gold is a completely different.. uve had 2 posts on the subject of ur car gettin painted to match and heard the same things.. just cuz u find out this one might match fine cuz he might have more miles or older doesnt mean anything.. first off his is GOLD, and second, every one is different cuz every one is exposed to different weather elements. Either get ur paint matched or get the whole car repainted.. or take the risk of it not matching. those are ur 3 solutions so just do one of them. My 96 has faded.. but my buddies 96(same color even) hasnt.. but he was the original owner and its always been garaged and never wintered.. mine on the other hand is prolly opposite.. so each car varies.. just drop it and get ur @!#$ painted. If u think itll match then why keep asking people.. just do it.. but there are 2 other solutions that you have been given will cost more but will insure ur paint does match.. its ur choice.. you could do all the searching in the world here and not one car is gonna be the same condition as yours.

to the original post
it doesnt look to bad, u shoulda had the whole thing painted but i understand u prolly want people to know it is c/f and there wouldnt really be a way to show that otherwise. btw is it just the angle with shadows or are the sides of the vent not painted either? looks good tho.

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:08 AM
there is no paint on the sides of the vent. and the reason i didnt paint the whole car is because im waiting on my body kit so i can two tone it

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:38 AM
it looks good. sucks when you have to do that to your c/f hood though doesnt it?

Check out my CARDOMAIN page
Monday, January 08, 2007 2:37 PM
Looks pretty sweet man, i am, liking the hood; how much did that cost you to have paintted if you dont mind asking; just curious .....

98 j-body sedan

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:28 AM
to repair it and paint it was 200.00, he even went and reinforced where the latch is and where i push down on the hood. and yes it did suck having to paint it . thanks for the comments everone

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:59 PM
manta z wrote:^white and gold is a completely different.. uve had 2 posts on the subject of ur car gettin painted to match and heard the same things.. just cuz u find out this one might match fine cuz he might have more miles or older doesnt mean anything.. first off his is GOLD, and second, every one is different cuz every one is exposed to different weather elements. Either get ur paint matched or get the whole car repainted.. or take the risk of it not matching. those are ur 3 solutions so just do one of them. My 96 has faded.. but my buddies 96(same color even) hasnt.. but he was the original owner and its always been garaged and never wintered.. mine on the other hand is prolly opposite.. so each car varies.. just drop it and get ur @!#$ painted. If u think itll match then why keep asking people.. just do it.. but there are 2 other solutions that you have been given will cost more but will insure ur paint does match.. its ur choice.. you could do all the searching in the world here and not one car is gonna be the same condition as yours.

to the original post
it doesnt look to bad, u shoulda had the whole thing painted but i understand u prolly want people to know it is c/f and there wouldnt really be a way to show that otherwise. btw is it just the angle with shadows or are the sides of the vent not painted either? looks good tho.

ok #$%# head who asked you anyway? how do you know i even was asking about it to gather info for my car? i just noticed his paint was a tad different from the paint on the hood as compared to the fenders. i was jw cuz it didnt look right ok. god ur a dickhead

ohh and just to clear things up... i know my paint is going to match just fine. i dont need to ask about it anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:03 PM

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:25 PM
Not bad but I would have painted the whole thing. From the low quality pic and the no light the paint looks like it matches. I don't know how anyone can tell paint match from a picture but I guess some have better eyes than I do. LOL

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:37 PM
x3 looks like it matches to me. and i agree. i dont think you could tell through a picture. oh well. some people really DO know it all

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:53 PM
the paint is a perfect match and the reason i didnt paint the whole thing is because i wanted the c/f seen because after all i bought it because it was c/f

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:16 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
ok #$%# head who asked you anyway? how do you know i even was asking about it to gather info for my car? i just noticed his paint was a tad different from the paint on the hood as compared to the fenders. i was jw cuz it didnt look right ok. god ur a dickhead

ohh and just to clear things up... i know my paint is going to match just fine. i dont need to ask about it anymore.

No you didnt ask me but im gettin tired of seeing u post about it. before u come trying to call people names u need to see where im coming from..

u posted ur "concern for his paint" Yesterday 8:57 AM

then u posted this

z yaaaa wrote:
Yesterday 9:25 AM
also... ur car is older, when u FIRST did ur hood.... how did the paint compare to the fenders? did it match?

see where im coming from? why do u keep asking questions bout paint if u dont wanna gather info for ur car? Not to mention u had 1 post about it and got all kinds of replies of what would need to be done and what to expect.. then u make ANOTHER post cuz u think since none of them are from white J their info had no influence on ur paint.. and if u know ur paint is going to match then why @!#$ bother making 2 posts on it and asking others about theirs.. sounds like u know perfectly /sarcasism

So why dont u stfu

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:56 PM
Wow; good price man, and looks like it matches awesome.
If my cf hood ever gets damaged i would go with paint as well but also would like to keep some cf showing; i love cf; looks mint.

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:16 AM
manta z wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:

No you didnt ask me but im gettin tired of seeing u post about it. before u come trying to call people names u need to see where im coming from..

u posted ur "concern for his paint" Yesterday 8:57 AM

then u posted this

z yaaaa wrote:
Yesterday 9:25 AM
also... ur car is older, when u FIRST did ur hood.... how did the paint compare to the fenders? did it match?

see where im coming from? why do u keep asking questions bout paint if u dont wanna gather info for ur car? Not to mention u had 1 post about it and got all kinds of replies of what would need to be done and what to expect.. then u make ANOTHER post cuz u think since none of them are from white J their info had no influence on ur paint.. and if u know ur paint is going to match then why @!#$ bother making 2 posts on it and asking others about theirs.. sounds like u know perfectly /sarcasism

So why dont u stfu

you will never shut me up. and as for the whole "if you know it'll match BS" ... yes i do know it will, i answered my own question about it in one of my threads... then "Experts" came in and voiced their worthless opinions... so basically here i am. i know my paint will match.
1.) because im going to GM to buy the EXACT paint i will need, not pgg... not wal-mart spray paint... not anything but GM paint.
2.) i took my spoiler off... paint wasnt faded at all, took my side moldings off... paint wasnt faded at all.
3.) the peices i will be painting are not a metal, but infact a plastic or carbon fiber.. they look different from the frickn factory than the metal portions of a car... so if it looks a tad off... that will be why.
4.) im going to give the body shop an even $3000 to make it exactly perfect, they agreed this would be way to much for the work envolved, so they said if i didnt use all the money-they would give back what wasnt needed.
5.) the body shop has been around a very long time, and the painter i will be using has had over 25 years of experience and also paints 100,000 street rods in his spare time.

also... how in any way could ur second quote be misread to think i was still asking about my paint? i asked about HIS paint... was just concerned about it looking right man.

TO THE ORIGNAL POSTER: sorry to have thread jacked ur thread man... your car looks great, i would really like to see some more pics... and in the light to!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:34 PM
You are paying $3000 for a dealer paint job; wow, i would not pay that much for a dealer to do that; dude you need to go to a custom shop to get some nice paint dont if you have the kind of money for paint.
And alot of time, i find paint on plastic or another material thats not metal it dont match exactaly.
good luck; but i would consider going with a nice custom paint from a custom shop if you are going to have that much coin to spend...

98 j-body sedan

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:30 PM
Im just gonna say drop it. no point in me, z yaa, or anyone else gettin into anything more then whats said. zyaa i would be lookin somewhere else cuz 3grand would be for a full paintjob..

and i wanna see day pics and diff angles of this hood.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:00 AM
manta z wrote:and i wanna see day pics and diff angles of this hood.

i myself would as well

Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:12 PM
i will be returning home in a weeks or so and i will have new pics up. they also candied the carbon so in the day at different angles it also looks gold. pics do it no justice

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search