feeler for new products - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
feeler for new products
Friday, May 22, 2009 12:36 PM
Hey Everyone, As many of you know, I have been building people custom head lights and tail lights for a while now. I am thinking about having some products pre-made to sell for do-it-yourselfers, or some pre-made complete projects ready to bolt on.

I have several products in development for this, but since funds are low, I can not spend all this money developing things that no one wants.

These will of course be in addition to the normal custom pieces I build.

I should have the time to develop the things you want to see made, as I recently got laid off from my full time job (see also why funds are tight).

So here are a list of things I have started, and are waiting to finish (some are actually done already):

Sunfire products:
95-02 sunfire coupe LED tail lights
95-02 sunfire coupe tail light lenses in red, clear, and smoke colors.
95-02 Sunfire Projector Headlights
03+ Sunfire Projector Headlights
03+ Dual projector headlights
03+ Bi-xenon and projector fog headlights
03+ Tail lenses in red, clear and smoke

Cavalier products:
00-02 Cavalier headlight lenses in a variety of colors
00-02 Cavalier bubble headlight lenses, with raised area to allow for more projector room when doing a retro (mercury cougar style)
95-02 cavalier tail light lenses in red, clear, and smoke colors (03-05 outer lenses would also fit into this category)
95-99 LED toyota tails (made from standard US tails with custom lenses, & custom outer light housing)
00 LED toyo tails (same as above)
00-02 Cavalier projector headlights
03+ Cavalier projector headlights

The projector headlights will be brand new headlights fitted with these projectors:

with the buyers choice of chrome or painted housings. Several people on this forum have gotten a set of these off me either by themselves or pre-installed so search the exterior and p&m forums to see what they will look like installed.

Let me know what you all want, so I can focus my limited resources to make the products you are interested in. I will set up a GP for the ones you want once they are finished.

Re: feeler for new products
Friday, May 22, 2009 12:45 PM
Curious about the 95-02 Sunfire COUPE LED tails...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, May 22, 2009 1:04 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Curious about the 95-02 Sunfire COUPE LED tails...

-Chris-

X2

Also the 95-02 Sunfire projector headlights would be good in my opinion since there is no one (aside from IZN TRBL but we won't get into that) that makes them.

Friday, May 22, 2009 1:14 PM
very curious about the 00-02 headlight lenses in different colors.
any of those done yet?

Friday, May 22, 2009 1:34 PM
Looking for pricing on 00-02 Cavalier projector headlights. Any finished photos?

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, May 22, 2009 1:53 PM
thank god somebody's finally helping out us people with the 03+ fires, im extremly interested in the pre-built projector fire headlights.

Friday, May 22, 2009 1:55 PM
I am highly interested in some 03+ projectors headlights. I have been wanting some for a really long time. Mine might need to be "special" since I need a 1" mounting hole for my headlight strobes.

Friday, May 22, 2009 1:57 PM
Would LOVE to see the pictures of the 02 Sunfire tail lights and headlights,
VERY INTERSTED

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:14 PM
Coupe LED tails are almost done, with the exception of the lens, as I am not sure which color to go with.

CLC wrote:very curious about the 00-02 headlight lenses in different colors.
any of those done yet?

not done yet, the regular ones are close, and will be available in red, orange, yellow, green, and 2 different blues. The bubbled versions are very early in development.

CAVCRZY wrote:Looking for pricing on 00-02 Cavalier projector headlights. Any finished photos?[/quote

These are member's Tommy Monroe, I sold him just the projector kit, and he did the install, but they will look the same.

The 03+ sunfire headlights, I need to know which you guys would want the most, a single projector, dual projectors, or dual projectors with the inner being a foglight, and the outer being a bi-xenon HID

Here is what the 02 sunfire headlights look like, these are Luis Marroquin's

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:22 PM
The tails I would likely be wanting in a smoked red,
and I am thinking about those headlights...
they just look a little too bare like that hmm...

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:23 PM
I would be interested in dual projectors for the 03+ Fire's.

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:48 PM
wow those 00-02 Cavalier projector headlights are HOT. how much would those cost?...looking for ones already made, ready to bolt in
Friday, May 22, 2009 3:05 PM
Pics of anything for the 03+ Sunfire PLEASE.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Friday, May 22, 2009 4:28 PM
ok, the 00-02 cav projectors would be somewhere in the $400 range for new headlights, projectors, and HID kit with lifetime warranty on the HID kit.

The LED sunfire tails would be around something closer to $200ish, and would be made in small batches.

The sunfire projector pics look kind of plain from the picture, i grabbed that one to show the angel eyes the projectors come with. They actually look pretty cool, heres some more shots......and i have NO idea who the guy in the pic is....

Also note that both of these examples have a coat of flat black covering up the factory chrome, which would be a different look all together.

As far as 03+, i have nothing done, the cost of everything involved in them is almost double the other cars, so I would need lots of interest to develop them. So far I have seen a good amount, and will probably get some things going for them here after I run a couple other products, and will have generated the income necessary to do them.

Friday, May 22, 2009 7:31 PM
Sweeeeeet....price for the 03+ cavalier projector headlights? Would they be HID compatible, and would a kit be available?

Friday, May 22, 2009 7:59 PM
might be interested in some LED tails... depending on exactly what is involved etc.. im more interested in brightening the light output, not the riced out factor. i really like how LED tails are instant on off, theres no slow action to it like regular bulbs. thats also what id like to have. but really i dont see how that would be hard to do??? i dont know... whats your thought jb?

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Friday, May 22, 2009 8:10 PM
I would just want a single projector setup for my 03 sunfire. I don't really see the need in having a dual setup as I can't see my self ever needing more light with headlight and foglight HIDS.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 7:08 AM
SpeedyPip wrote:Sweeeeeet....price for the 03+ cavalier projector headlights? Would they be HID compatible, and would a kit be available?

They would be around $400 with HID kit included.

z yaaaa wrote:might be interested in some LED tails... depending on exactly what is involved etc.. im more interested in brightening the light output, not the riced out factor. i really like how LED tails are instant on off, theres no slow action to it like regular bulbs. thats also what id like to have. but really i dont see how that would be hard to do??? i dont know... whats your thought jb?

These would indeed be bright, and would be a drop in deal, with wiring modification just like you would for the toyo's, all the difficult part of the wiring would be taken care of already.

I was thinking about doing 2 different styles, 1 would look very similar to the real toyo tails, with red inner, and amber/clear outer lenses (depending on year), with the black dividing line. The inners would match having the red upper, and clear reverse lights. The thought of making the inners have a working parking/brake light has crossed my mind.

The second style would be an all clear lensed version, with the black outlines, like the new saab tails:

As far as the 03+ sunfire headlights, i think the second projector will be optional.

I would need someone to help out with funding for the 03+ headlights, as they are the most expensive of them all.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:21 PM
John Benham wrote:[

I would need someone to help out with funding for the 03+ headlights, as they are the most expensive of them all.

What kind of funding you looking for? Do you have an estimate of what a final price might be?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:13 PM
Figures, I need clear taillight lens. I paid too much money for a big sheet of PETG and made a vacuum forming box to do them myself.. coulda have saved me some money John

Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:57 PM
I would defenitly be interested in headlights/taillights for my 02 sunfire

Car Domain

Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:30 PM
Allen Ray wrote:
John Benham wrote:

What kind of funding you looking for? Do you have an estimate of what a final price might be?

I would need someone to front the development money for it, and be willing to let me have at it for longer than a week most likely, so I can work out any bugs that arrise from it.

total cost for the single projector with HID kit for the 03+ fires looks like it is going to be about $500, but of course the person who would be financing the sunfire development would get everything at cost, and save some $$ in the process.

Stephen (manta z) wrote:Figures, I need clear taillight lens. I paid too much money for a big sheet of PETG and made a vacuum forming box to do them myself.. coulda have saved me some money John

Watch using that PETG, unless you dropped A LOT on that plastic, and got the UV stable PETG, it will yellow quickly. I only use PETG where I need a deep draw on the vacuum, and it is going to be painted, but you have a pm

Sounds like there is enough interest in the Sunfire tails to get a small batch finished up, and decent interest in different headlights.

I will get the sunfire tail prototypes finished up shortly, and go from there. Keep the input coming on other products you guys want.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:56 PM
Sorry to here about the job John.

To bad we couldn't have worked something out (like, I could be making lenses for you or something) to save you some getting stared money.

Well, good luck bud. Let me know if you're interested in "bulk" order lenses or anything. I can try to help you out.

www.sickhids.com
Saturday, May 23, 2009 8:18 PM
yeah, the loss of the job sucks, but not all that bad. I get to stay at home with my boy all day, and has given me the opportunity to do some of these things I wanted to get done, but you have a pm.

Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:11 AM
I like where this is going, the 03+ cavalier projectors would be stock looking except for the projector you have pictured in your first post, and then there would be HID lights (bulbs changable to different color temps?). For those would you get brand new headlights, or used, or do i send you mine....? Also does this HID kit have the lifetime warranty like the other one for the 00-02 cavs? Thanks man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search