spoiler mounting - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spoiler mounting
Monday, February 01, 2010 7:09 PM
i have a new spoiler, one that will go right on the trunk without a mount, i was wondering whats the best way to attach it? i dont know if there is anything to avoid drilling through, or any material to bolt it to underneath.

Re: spoiler mounting
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:31 PM
posting some pics of the spoiler and your ride may help a little... but you most likely will have to drill some holes

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:00 PM

97 cavalier

90 something mustang spoiler, needs to be sanded primed and painted

i think i can use these mounts? just drill the right size holes into the trunk? not really sure
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:17 PM
the early 90's mustangs have a lot of straight lines and would be considered a boxy car. it probably won't follow the contour of your trunk very well. you might want to take a look around at a junk yard and find a spoiler with a bit more curve. but if you're really wanting that spoiler on your car, best of luck! if you want to use the existing mounts on the spoiler, you might try getting a piece of cardboard and putting that up to the mounts, using a sharpie marker to mark on the cardboard where the mounts are. then poke a hole where you have marked on the cardboard. then simply put that cardboard on your trunk and mark with the sharpie through the holes you poked out and now you know where to drill on your trunk lid. make sure you center it with a measuring tape left to right. post some pictures of what you end up doing!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:21 PM
matt summed it up well.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:33 PM
also it would be a good idea in (my opinion) to loose the stickers and badges, it'd be an easy way to clean up the look of your car without spending any money. don't use anything too sharp to take them off with so you don't scratch the paint in the process.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search